FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm starting to get a Roundabout complex.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: I'm starting to get a Roundabout complex. Reply with quote

I don't know if this is MY problem or what.
I go online to play. I understand that it's the "wild west", but still.

I get in groups and someone will choose Roundabout. Usually around the third or fourth song in a set of ten or so.

I play the first three songs or so and I will five star them or better if they are among my better songs, or I will at least three star them or better (including Llama) if they are not my best songs.

This is all on Expert PRO keys BTW.

It doesn't matter if the other players are on PRO or legacy instruments the pattern is the same. We get to Roundabout and I will either fail about halfway through if "no-fail" is turned off, or I will get two stars on it.

Then I get kicked or everyone drops out or whatever.

Am I supposed to be doing better on Roundabout by now? I feel like I'm expected to three star this song at least.

I'm thinking I should dedicate a week to it so this doesn't happen anymore. I'm beginning to feel like I suck.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're playing a set of ten with randoms, don't expect them to stick around, especially after a long song like Roundabout.
Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this keeps happening with Roundabout specifically.
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, do randoms really pick 10 song setlists?

Basically, if you're doing short sets, and it has been established that you are playing expert pro keys, then if anyone picks Roundabout they are either

A) an asshole

or

B) curious as to how you'll do since you're obviously good, and also they're an asshole
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who "expects" a certain showing from a Pro Keys player on Roundabout has no idea how ridiculously hard the song is to play. And anyone who kicks a player/drops out of online play as a result of how the Pro Keys player did on Roundabout is an ass.

It's not you, it's them.

When Roundabout comes up in a setlist, if you don't want to play it, deselect it by pushing the "back up" button (O on PS3 - not sure what it is on 360).

I've been playing Pro Keys since RB3 came out and I still only have a 4-star score on Roundabout Expert. So don't feel bad.

And setlists of 10 are ridiculously long. I'd stick to a setlist of 4 at the maximum.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm leader I only let setlists grow to one song per person.
These days I do throw a song up (didn't used to..too shy). I always sort my songs by stars and choose something I can FC or at least GS for my choice.

But, I'm not always leader.

I've never balked at anything chosen as long as it has keys in it. When there aren't any keys I remind the players on mic that I'm playing on Expert PRO keys.

And I will back a song out if they pick Beast and the Harlot or some other song that hasn't keys in it.

I don't mind playing Roundabout, but I hate getting kicked for under performing on it.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the politics on online BQP is on-topic here. The root of your problem is that you're playing with randoms so there is going to be a signal to noise ratio. Once you friend the ones who are ok and only play with them you won't have this problem.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: