FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to: RB3 customs for 360, no mods. ((Updated))
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been answered yet, I really don't feel like scrolling through all the pages, but can you convert RB3 .RBAs to DLC, or can they only be old RB2 .RBAs? I have heard multiple answers, so I don't know who to believe.

Thanks

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RushJunkie3 wrote:
I don't know if this has been answered yet, I really don't feel like scrolling through all the pages, but can you convert RB3 .RBAs to DLC, or can they only be old RB2 .RBAs? I have heard multiple answers, so I don't know who to believe.

Thanks

I'll try it in a bit.
rafaelgs1992br  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
I recommend just using the RB3 style DTA

Great, thanks man, that worked... Now I have a different problem. The song works, I can play it normally, but if I pause the game, when I go back the audio is gone or completely out of sync. This happens in every song that I create the mogg by myself, so I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong

I'm using audacity, exporting the song as wav and then using oggenc to convert it to ogg. Then I use RB DLC Tools to insert the mogg header (It automatically uses the 'Promised Land' header).

Anybody can tell me how to make my mogg work flawlessly?
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
RushJunkie3 wrote:

Thanks

I'll try it in a bit.

Unless everyone here has been compiling all of their songs in Magma 1, then this is what we've been doing this whole thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rafaelgs1992br wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:
I recommend just using the RB3 style DTA

Great, thanks man, that worked... Now I have a different problem. The song works, I can play it normally, but if I pause the game, when I go back the audio is gone or completely out of sync. This happens in every song that I create the mogg by myself, so I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong

I'm using audacity, exporting the song as wav and then using oggenc to convert it to ogg. Then I use RB DLC Tools to insert the mogg header (It automatically uses the 'Promised Land' header).

Anybody can tell me how to make my mogg work flawlessly?

It's because you're using the ogg encoder in RB DLC Tools. The header is very important and song specific, so using the header from another file introduces some problems. I recommend building your song in Magma (even if you're just using a filler MIDI or something since you just want the audio). Extract the ogg from the resulting RBA, change the extension to .mogg and use that. It will run perfectly, promise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
RushJunkie3 wrote:

Thanks

I'll try it in a bit.

Unless everyone here has been compiling all of their songs in Magma 1, then this is what we've been doing this whole thread.

Guess you can then I have no clue what my RBAs were built with.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
2) Yep! You're right. The position error is the same thing - root note- but I forgot what note lane it goes in. There should be one space between lowest string and highest string for each AFAIR. If that makes sense.

Not quite sure what you mean. I'll keep eyes on this thread to see if any more details are given.

Last edited by raynebc on Mon May 09, 2011 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great. absolutely great.

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
Kalecgos  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with (what I think are) warped tempo maps. If I open this mid I downloaded from Geetar Freaks (http://www.mediafire.com/?zenn4kjzuzm) and open it in Reaper, I have a bunch of notes squished together at 4:00.934. If I move the tempo map marker then suddenly a whole section of notes appear out of nowhere but the song goes out of snyc. How do I fix it?
darkman901  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I want to say thank you to all those whose hard work has gone into this thread. I have had a blast playing Battery in RB3 as well as the Two Beatles songs that I've been able to convert.

One problem I've encountered so far:

RB1's Paranoid refuses to load! The dang thing crashes the moment I go into the Quickplay Library. It should be noted I never put it successfully through Reaper yet.

Here's how I converted it:

1. Took original decrypted Mogg and unedited Midi from disc.
2. Made a custom DTA file in RBDLCTool that matched
3. Added in Cover Art per original Instructions on the subject (not here but the OP's reference)
4. Compiled the CON in Le-Fuffie as Instructed

It should be noted that besides "Black Hole Sun", all other imports have worked per this method so far (including Beatles:RB imports )

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it needs to work in Magma2 in order to fully work w/o error???

Thanks, Guys!

Charza

EDIT: and... It seems reading in this thread would help tremendously!!!

It works! ...Well, Sorta. It is out o' sync. Fortunetely, I know the reason.

TO REAPER!!!!

Oh, and BTW, the Album Art Importer works BRILLIANTLY! Thanx!

Charza
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalecgos wrote:
I'm having trouble with (what I think are) warped tempo maps. If I open this mid I downloaded from Geetar Freaks (http://www.mediafire.com/?zenn4kjzuzm) and open it in Reaper, I have a bunch of notes squished together at 4:00.934. If I move the tempo map marker then suddenly a whole section of notes appear out of nowhere but the song goes out of snyc. How do I fix it?

This is beyond the scope of this thread. I will say that the tempo map in that song is messed up in a few places. I would recommend finding another chart or tempo mapping it yourself.
redion1992  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I've been working on is taking (legally owned) RBN DLC, extracting the files and adding tom markers (nothing more, nothing less). I've rebuilt the package as a savegame, however it's currently coming up as a demo version.

Next on my list is to change the song ID (more as a security thing than anything else), and change the DTA to mark it as DLC rather than RBN.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redion1992 wrote:
Something I've been working on is taking (legally owned) RBN DLC, extracting the files and adding tom markers (nothing more, nothing less). I've rebuilt the package as a savegame, however it's currently coming up as a demo version.

Next on my list is to change the song ID (more as a security thing than anything else), and change the DTA to mark it as DLC rather than RBN.

Yeah, over in the venues thread, we were talking about this and the issues it presents. This is the conclusion of my current research: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=629964#629964. If you've bought the full versions of those RBN songs, you should be able to leave everything the same in the DTA and have it work, I would think, but I don't really know anything about how HMX unlocks the trial versions of RBN songs, so rebuilding it could be a problem.

EDIT: Actually, they're probably some of the first run of RBN songs, which means they use RB2 venue tracks, so you should be able to make RB3 DLC out of them and change the "version" value to 2.
Kalecgos  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
I recommend building your song in Magma (even if you're just using a filler MIDI or something since you just want the audio).

Do you have a filler MIDI I could use?
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalecgos wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:
I recommend building your song in Magma (even if you're just using a filler MIDI or something since you just want the audio).

Do you have a filler MIDI I could use?

Whipped one up really quickly: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9L9Z3Y15. If you happen to have split drum parts, then you'll have to change the drum mix events, but other than that, this should build just fine with any combination of instruments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 15 of 52

Jump to: