FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pro drums sticking without hi hat pedal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkuo  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Pro drums sticking without hi hat pedal Reply with quote

I'm finding the sticking of some pro mode drum songs to be unusually difficult without the hi hat pedal. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and what the best answer is. Just get a hi hat ready module? Or get used to flying over to the blue cymbal for open hi hat hits and develop some different sticking techniques?
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but my understanding was that the hi-hat pedal functionality basically only affected the sound of your kit when doing fills or practice mode, and has no effect on the note charts in the game.
Basilobbes  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an ION kit you can use a product like this (http://rockbandkickbox.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=7) to enable hi-hat pedal functionality in game.
Edit: found a thread about e-kits and open hi-hat (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218939&highlight=drum)

If you have a stock kit, just try to get the cymbals as close to each other as possible/comfortable and try to get used to it. Some people have done "mods" such as using a broken rb kit or PVC pipe to make a separate stand for the hi hat so it can be moved more freely. Experiment and see what works best for you.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
I may be wrong, but my understanding was that the hi-hat pedal functionality basically only affected the sound of your kit when doing fills or practice mode, and has no effect on the note charts in the game.

This. If you want a pedal that switches the hi-hat cymbal between yellow and blue- ugh, you'd have to keep it down the whole time; doing that while blasting would be unfun.
MusketWarrior  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
bclare wrote:

This. If you want a pedal that switches the hi-hat cymbal between yellow and blue- ugh, you'd have to keep it down the whole time; doing that while blasting would be unfun.

Well, many songs with blasting are played IRL using a hi-hat clutch, and the hi-hat is never opened. You could simply have 2 different configurations depending on what type of song you plan to play. For those that blast one footed, it's not an issue at all.
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes easy songs like Centerfold soooo much harder/more tiring. Ill have to test it to see if my TD3 allows it. My guess is that it doesn't, just based on the fact that I haven't plugged in my hi hat pedal at all and im basically playing open hi hats all the time. Then again I haven't selected hi hat pedal on RB3 yet either. Ill edit this post later with my test results if no one responds telling me otherwise.

Edit: searching the net I've found I need a midi converter which runs $100+

Crying. Damn TD3 brain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: