FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hardest full-band pass?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the release of Guns of Summer, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's probably the hardest full-band pass excluding RBN, partly because the only easy instrument is bass. Even vocals are tough as nails on GoS, and obviously drums and guitar are famously difficult.

If your calibration is off on Guns of Summer guitar, by the way, you will miss a lot of notes. Like, a lot. I'm sure you all know this, but it's worth pointing out.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Geekthras  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we just passed WAHNTHAC on our second try, drums + vox (I can get as far as the first blasts occasionally). So that's probably not actually the hardest full band pass, considering the guitar and bass both make it easier.
I failed in the double kick part, then the vocalist (almostsix) saved me as soon as he could, then I survived until the fast kick beat started, at which point I was fine without any help until the solo, at which point I failed out really quickly. Then he saved me at the very end of the guitar solo, so we were fine.

So, with a fairly good drummer and a vocalist who isn't a mute, you can pass it without a *great* run. I voted WAHNTHAC earlier, but I'm changing that vote to Guns of Summer. There's only two sets of blasts, so as long as the drummer only fails in or right before the blasts, you are fine.

I am a guy who plays the drums. I use the drumsticks to play the drums. I also play the ukulele. I don't use my drumsticks for my ukulele. That would be bad.
Drums: 14,700,000 points in RB2, 4,700,000 in TB:RB
Accomplishments
Wii FC 5398 0984 3367
soccerman034  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packet Flier (Crazy guitar, Crazy Drums)
If 6 Was 9 (Hardest drum solo in the game, hard vocals)
DQfP (Hardest guitar song in Rockband....TRUTH)
The Great Southern Trendkill (Still unfc'd on guitar, drums are nasty)
Mordecai (Some tough parts on guitar, and Embedded like on drums_

[/i]
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Death Quota is not that hard of a full band pass, assuming your guitarist and bassist are somewhat decent. I had a breakdown of the whole song, then it got deleted. I can elaborate again, if people would like, but overall, I don't think it's nearly as hard as people make it out to be.

My vote goes to We Are the Nightmare. The first "easy" unison is a couple minutes in. That drum intro is insane, and guitar isn't easy either.

Guns of Summer is very difficult due to the intro. If a band can make it to the first chorus then they should be fine (due to an easy unison), but getting past the intro on Guitar, Drums, and Vocals with only Bass to help save people is very difficult.
soccerman034  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you see if most comparable to the long and constant sweeps in Guns of Summer for guitar? There is a part in Mordecai that is similar, but is obviously much shorter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld5yed3tcig

0:43-0:57

I might be the only one, but I think that Mordecai is a highly underrated song in terms of difficulty. The drums are up there with the hardest in game, and both the guitar/bass are fairly difficult (and fun to play). The Vocals are only a 3, but there are some tough parts, especially after the singer stops screaming

Geekthras  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soccerman034 wrote:
Packet Flier (Crazy guitar, Crazy Drums)
If 6 Was 9 (Hardest drum solo in the game, hard vocals)
DQfP (Hardest guitar song in Rockband....TRUTH)
The Great Southern Trendkill (Still unfc'd on guitar, drums are nasty)
Mordecai (Some tough parts on guitar, and Embedded like on drums_

[/i]

If we are including RBN, then it's really hard to say. However, if 6 was 9 cannot possibly make the cut for me, as we've passed that easily guitar+drums and everything else makes it easier. Guns of Summer is really tough on all but one instrument. I don't know that I can really comment on how hard it is because we never made it past about 10%. Also, something being un-fc'd on guitar means a lot less than it does on drums. How many songs have *ever* made the list for anything other than the strum limit? Almost none. A lot of the songs that ever made the list are fairly easy except for some stupidly fast strumming.

I am a guy who plays the drums. I use the drumsticks to play the drums. I also play the ukulele. I don't use my drumsticks for my ukulele. That would be bad.
Drums: 14,700,000 points in RB2, 4,700,000 in TB:RB
Accomplishments
Wii FC 5398 0984 3367
soccerman034  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strictly as a guitarist, I don't think Guns of Summer is that difficult: The sweeps take some muscle memory, but once you have that down, the song is cake.

In terms of guitar, if we are indeed counting the RBN DLC, here is my top 5 in terms of overall difficulty:

1.) Caprici Di Diablo (The single most demanding guitar song in the game in terms of muscle memory and stamina. No real strumming problems, but (at least for me) crazy fast fingering is much harder).

2.) Satch Boogie (Right up there with CDD in terms of finger dexterity needed...Brutal solo)

3.) Death Quota for Purification (Not much to say here....The last song on the RBN I have yet to beat)

4.) Packet Flier (The intro is crazy......REALLY fast sweeps that lead into an annoying strumming section).

5.) Thrasher (I have broken FAR too many strummer's on this song)
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soccerman034 wrote:
Strictly as a guitarist, I don't think Guns of Summer is that difficult: The sweeps take some muscle memory, but once you have that down, the song is cake.

In terms of guitar, if we are indeed counting the RBN DLC, here is my top 5 in terms of overall difficulty:

1.) Caprici Di Diablo (The single most demanding guitar song in the game in terms of muscle memory and stamina. No real strumming problems, but (at least for me) crazy fast fingering is much harder).

2.) Satch Boogie (Right up there with CDD in terms of finger dexterity needed...Brutal solo)

3.) Death Quota for Purification (Not much to say here....The last song on the RBN I have yet to beat)

4.) Packet Flier (The intro is crazy......REALLY fast sweeps that lead into an annoying strumming section).

No way is Caprici harder than Satch or Death Quota. Even on solo Guitar both of those are harder. And in a full band Death Quota beats them both.

I'd like to add Guitars SUCK for consideration, as the Guitar chart is the hardest one to be released on RB as of yet. I passed all of the above songs on my sightread (except for Satch), but I don't see myself passing it anytime soon. It's kinda like WATN drums.
soccerman034  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilblud91 wrote:
soccerman034 wrote:

No way is Caprici harder than Satch or Death Quota. Even on solo Guitar both of those are harder. And in a full band Death Quota beats them both.

I'd like to add Guitars SUCK for consideration, as the Guitar chart is the hardest one to be released on RB as of yet. I passed all of the above songs on my sightread (except for Satch), but I don't see myself passing it anytime soon. It's kinda like WATN drums.

This is just personal preference for me; the way i look at it is this: Satch Boogie has 40 seconds of hard stuff (4 note sweeps for daaays), but with a full OD bar, I can get past it easily enough. The rest of the song really isn't all that challenging. Caprici di Diablo is 5 minutes of hard stuff, with no breaks; ANY rockband guitarist will tell you that the pain suffered while doing runs on this song is almost unbearable (I would say its up there with GGHT in terms of stamina). Death Quota is clearly ridiculous, but in between each crazy part is usually an easy section that allows you to refill your OD.

Would you honestly rate any of the songs I listed behind Guns of Summer (for guitar)?
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to bump this topic, considering new stuff like Dragonforce, Dying Fetus, and Headed for the Ditch (can't remember if this was out back then or not) have really given us some nightmarish full-band experiences.

Operation Ground and Pound is definitely the hardest guitar pass, but Your Treachery Will Die With You is insane all around, sans vocals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: