FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
help with chords

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klaww  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: help with chords Reply with quote

On expert pro, I can hold my own, hit as many single notes as needed, but I cannot seem to comprehend chords fast enough. and the lower difficulties either have no chords or the same chords, where can i get practice on this?
this is even impeding me from completing the trainer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say play the same song with the chords you most have trouble with over and over again to build more muscle memory :/ I really don't have much to say since I actually play the real piano, so the chords on PRO-Keys aren't extremely hard to recognize...Just some practice is all I needed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say changing chords is where piano experience is the most helpful. I just see outlines and attach them to their names (Dm, A flat 7, etc) and that makes it so much easier. If you can't do that, you're going to have to practice more and learn muscle memory like Gabe said. Good Luck! Sorry to kinda be a stick in the mud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: help with chords Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
On expert pro, I can hold my own, hit as many single notes as needed, but I cannot seem to comprehend chords fast enough. and the lower difficulties either have no chords or the same chords, where can i get practice on this?
this is even impeding me from completing the trainer.

The key is practicing the difficult sections on reduced speed until your hand becomes "used" to playing the chords. Use Practice mode or the Trainer and slow things down to 70% or 80% until you are comfortable with the chord changes. Then gradually increase your speed - but only after you can hit the difficult sections with 100% accuracy at the slower speed.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: