FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I Love Rock N Roll Battle Challange, $100 Prizes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tobias911  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: I Love Rock N Roll Battle Challange, $100 Prizes! Reply with quote

http://www.rockband.com/battles/sponsored/the-i-love-rock-and-roll-battle/view

Its a battle going on for guitar only on Battle of the Bands in RB3, lets see how many ties we can get!!!!!
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you so much for posting this Tobias! I worked for a bit and got the optimal score, looks like I'm the 4th to do so in the battle so unless someone breaks the current optimal, looks like I could be winning $30 worth of MSP This is exciting.

So glad you posted this Tobias, really, thanks so much. How can we keep updated on stuff like this better? It started on Monday, it's kind of amazing that there were only three optimal scores up over the course of the first four days of a battle for prizes. o_0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, umm, what's HMX going to do when there's a 10-way tie for first? (or more) The winners aren't in any order because I got the score before my brother did, yet his name shows before mine. Are they going to give "A Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle & $100 in console points on the platform of your choice" to each of the winners? That seems like an awful lot of money, but what else can they do? All this money and it's on a one-song (that's VERY easy to FC) contest that only has two activations, one of which involves no squeezing and the other involving only very basic squeezing. Just get lucky with the extra point and bam, optimal. I have a bad feeling that some of us will be getting screwed over. Not really a well thought out contest considering the prizes are pretty sick.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll note that I spent some time with the chart just testing out weird ideas, and yeah the posted path here is optimal. Splitting up the activations doesn't help (it's a few hundred points worse) and moving the final activation back doesn't help unless you can hit an enormous squeeze (which I'm 100% certain would be impossible unless your timing window is like 150ms)
Tobias911  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In the event more than one Band is tied for the highest Overall Score the prize will be awarded to the score posted first."

From the official terms and condition, so yeah i dunno?

http://www.rockband.com/content-assets/2011/03/iloverockandrollbattle.pdf

It's posted here if you want to see.
Cubsrule21aza  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
The winners aren't in any order because I got the score before my brother did, yet his name shows before mine.

This. I just got my score a few minutes ago, and somehow i'm 4th :/ I really hope this is top 5 per console lol

Blehgopie wrote:
<Blehgopie> FUCKING STRUM LIMIT!
<Blehgopie> HARMONIX FIX AERIS
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Aaron45653 PSN Name: Aaron45653
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure there is a reason you have to have your gamertag linked and sign up for the battle on the site. I'm sure they have their own data that they are pulling, and i highly doubt that they are looking at the leaderboards at all. The person who posted the optimal first would be the one to win, reguardless of where their name is on the leaderboards.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: