FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Two Technique Questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRaw  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Two Technique Questions... Reply with quote

Background Information:

Alright, I'm new to RockBand. I just won a GuitarHeroIII Tournament last Saturday and got the whole bundle. I've been playing Guitar on Expert and Drums on Hard.

I went through the whole Solo Tour on Guitar and failed Green Grass and High Tides at 96%. I Gold Starred almost all of the songs on sightread and I must agree that GuitarHero is harder.

Question #1:

The thing at the end of some songs where you can play any note you want. What is it called and is there a "best technique" for it. Like, how do you get the most points on it?

Question #2:

On Expert Guitar, the section in "Creep" where you have to play that steady stream of notes. Are they 16ths or tripplets?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I actually just passed Green Grass and High Tides with a 5* so screw what I said above about it.

Last edited by TheRaw on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
IxXN3M3515XxI  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Technique Questions... Reply with quote

TheRaw wrote:
Question #1:

The thing at the end of some songs where you can play any note you want. What is it called and is there a "best technique" for it. Like, how do you get the most points on it?

It's called the Big Rock Ending (BRE) and you can find scoring calculations here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I xXN3M3515Xx I
TheRaw  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nemesis.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Technique Questions... Reply with quote

TheRaw wrote:

Question #2:

On Expert Guitar, the section in "Creep" where you have to play that steady stream of notes. Are they 16ths or tripplets?

Both. They're 16th note triplets. (I think. It's been a long while since music theory class.)

There are 6 notes per beat. You can think of them as triplets if you want to associate them with the 8th notes though. Since I'm assuming you're not interested in transcribing the song, either way is sufficient. It sort of depends on how you hear the beat in your head.

And they're a bitch and a half to keep a combo through. I have to tap my foot and bob my head, and I still break combo a few times.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you say it's 6 beats per measure..? I'll try it. Btw, the reason I asked is because I haven't even 6*ed this song yet and it's so easy.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRaw wrote:
So, you say it's 6 beats per measure..?

6 note per beat, 4 beats per measure.

So 24 beats per measure.

See also the Note Chart - the black lines are the measures, the darker grey lines are the beats, the lighter grey lines are the 8ths.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: