FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
IndestructibleSD: RB4 FGFC on Expert Vocals. New PSN - dbforthree
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this, I don't even-

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've begun working on the AC/DC Live Track Pack for vocals on the disc. The reason I italicize this is because it's the only remaining Rock Band game to have never have been FC'd for on disc vocals, largely in part because there are tremendously broken talkies on it. (it is based on the RB1 engine, after all)

So far, I haven't encountered any that are impossible to spin, but a few are giving me night terrors about my days FCing Rock Band 1 on disc.

The most impressive information I have to date is that I have a technical FC of Thunderstruck. This song is riddled with difficult talkies and hitting them all in a single run is going to require an advanced use of sensitivity/trashbags/whispering/other methods. This one will definitely take a while to get.

The last talkie in Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap just doesn't spin fast or at a constant rate. I will need to play around with that song a bit more as well.

This is kind of a nice side project that I'll be working on as I attempt to go for the FSFC. I know I'm more than capable of getting rid of Lego and RB3 on a rainy lazy day, but AC/DC will take a lot of grinding. It'd be really cool to be the first person to get the FSFC having FC'd each song on its original disc. I'll keep you all updated

P.S. My drums shit the bed, so don't expect anything too flashy in the near future. I can't afford to fix them at this point. (college is on the horizon in the not so distant future)
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC/DC on the disk? That seems an insane idea!

I was wondering how bad those talkies would be, and pretend that was just a "track pack", because of said talkies, and the above-average fits that those songs would cause. If there are RB1 setlist songs to use as reference for talky difficulty levels, in which level would you put these AC/DC Live songs?

And good luck!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deft- It's interesting because I have more patience with broken talkies than I do with finishing my RB3 and LRB FGFCs.

Tidus- I don't have an accurate feel for the game yet to make a judgement call on it yet. Dirty Deeds is definitely in the upper tiers of broken-ness. I wouldn't quite say it's on par with Next to You, but then again, not enough people have attempted these songs for us to formulate a ranking of some sort. All in all, I would say Thunderstruck will be the hardest FC I've encountered thusfar just because it has way too many finicky/broken talkies.

I had to trash bag the shit out of this one.

That final talkie is SO HARD I can't even begin to describe it.

Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow dude, I praise your paitence in doing this, heck I got annoyed with talkies on RB2, and those are much better

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's long overdue, but I figured I'd officially announce my retirement to the community where my Rock Band career first started. It's been an amazing three years, but the game just isn't the same as it used to be for me. From my humble beginnings as a medium bassist to where I stand today, I'd say I've come a long way. The journey has been awesome, but all good things come to an end, and the chapter of my life which rhythm gaming was involved in is now over. With that being said, I have a list of people I need to thank for their friendship, loyalty, or any other quality they provided me over the years.

People I owe many thanks to:

Jared1287: I know you hate when I bring it up, but you were the motivation for me to pick up the microphone in Rock Band. Our lead singer's mic had broken and you told everyone in the band that we were screwed because Danny would never be able to sing. I'm glad you said that because it motivated me like hell to get where I am today, and I couldn't have asked for a better friend and bandmate than you've been to me for nearly three years.

Lycrios: My favorite Canadian Although we haven't chatted in a while, you were a large part of my initial acceptance to the SH community back in late '08. Not many people give the time of day, let alone their friendship to a medium bassist. You're a stand-up gentleman and it's a shame we don't talk as much as we used to.

cttoyota: It seems all we talk about is basketball these days buddy. It sucks that we couldn't have another Lakers + Celtics Finals so we could relentless trash talk each other :P But in all seriousness, you're in the same boat as my two friends I mentioned before you. Our band, Prostitute Bestseller, was one of the highlights of my career. You guys were great to play with, and I hope your memories of our band aren't too filled with grinding Visions for 7 hours during Leagues

Rykuzeath: If your microphone hadn't broken, I don't know what I would've become! I could've been a famous drummer or guitarist instead of a vocalist. Either way, I'm glad you had shitty hardware and I'm even more glad that we've gotten back in touch with each other. It's a true sign of character when your relationships with SH community members transcend Rock Band; it's a sign of friendship and I'm glad I have yours.

Interrobang!(Woozerkristen, Internetguy87, beingmused, Sixen): All of you have been fantastic friends since the beginning of my time on the website. Even though we've all gradually moved away from the game, it was always fun to watch your streams and play with you as individual players. Thank you for all of your early support in my career, and your support throughout the duration.

CHawk: Back in our early vocal days we were rivals! I can't tell you how much it motivated me to have a friend with common goals. You were always very supportive of my vocal goals and I'm glad you were around when you were. We also had a pretty fierce drum rivalry which we never really finished

Blingdomepiece: In both of our early drumming days, you were a great rival to have. I remember us both struggling with the setlist, but we made steady progress and look at us now? We're much better than where we were 3 years ago!

ShadalooTJ (GirlieBass): Hey TJ. We barely talk anymore outside of random Facebook comments, but I'm glad we met three years ago. You were always down to play some BQP (you all know it's hard to pry people from the Solo Quickplay FC grinding) and for that I'm grateful. You also shared a HUGE amount of DLC with me, which allowed me to complete many of my DLC related goals.

82erkle: I don't remember the last time we talked, but you definitely deserve a spot among the people on this list. You always came into my thread to support me and you were a fun multi instrumentalist to play BQP with. You were also a top-notch guitarist and drummer and I'm glad you finally got the recognition you deserved in your accomplishment thread. I remember when you first started playing and I've watched you grow as a player. It was a truly remarkable process to watch.

wesker-kun: What an amazing rival and vocalist. We were never truly good friends beyond our competition, but I don't know what I would've done if you weren't around. I could've been lazy and just sat around with an average career score on PS3, but you gave me something to aim for. We traded 1st and 2nd place so many times in June and July of 2009 that I would give up sleep to make sure you weren't making a run at my career score. Thanks for being an great competitor.

Tenfrente: Alex! We never talk anymore, but you were a great friend during the time you play Rock Band. I hope you come back to PS3 to play COD or hit me up on 360 once I get my Live account set up.

ShadowMonkey31: I thought it was crazy how good you were at guitar, then I saw you play COD and it blew me away. Anytime we play Black Ops, you never cease to be an absolute monster. Hopefully I'll see you on MW3 or BF3.

Dummerbeast: In your day, you were the best drummer the community had ever seen. I'm confident that if you had continued to play, you would still be the best drummer. You always had a way of making me laugh with your immature jokes and I really miss you man.

Monstrousity: All we seem to talk about is the news lol. During our RB days, it was great to play with you. Your consistency on songs is unreal and it's a shame you don't play as much as you used to.

kingyami3: Jackson. Where do I even start with you lmao. You always push me to go for things I think I can't do and then I'll magically end up doing them. Despite your persistence and on occasion, annoyance, you've been a great friend and I hope you continue to do amazing things in the community.

Xpertlefty: All we talk about is school and college now. Hopefully you can learn from some of the mistakes I made so you can get the things you want in life a little easier than I've had to I wish you still played, keep in touch on MSN!

Vicromano: The mysterious former 1st place global vocalist. No one really knew who you were, but that was more a result of your lack of desire to receive recognition, which is a tribute to your humble nature. You knew things about the engine no one else did and you helped me improve my scores immensely. I hope everything is going well.

RJ and Joe: You two have been great friends to me during the latter half of my RB career. Always helpful with paths, helped me learn how to do end squeezes, and great friends too. I hope you're both doing well.

PBSP: You're one crazy mofo lol. You're always fun to talk with and it's a bummer you don't play anymore. I've really missed your company on PSN and chatting with you on MSN.

Billtvshow: I was surprised when you answered my first PM to you back in early 2009. I was an awful vocalist and you had no need to respond to a random message, but you did and it motivated me to keep trying no matter how impossible it seemed. Keep putting out crazy videos. (and Ants on a Log!)

gladiators16: The undisputed best drummer in the world. You pull of crazy FCs that most people have trouble passing. You're a great friend and I hope you keep drumming strong in this diminished rhythm gaming community because you give me hope for a generation of players beyond us.

TheLieInKing: I still sneak into your streams as a guest sometimes. It's a guilty pleasure of mine to watch you destroy some of the latest Jazz customs you have cooked up. Maybe I'll sign in to the stream one time so you actually know I'm there

MasterNobody: Fellow Massachusetts vocalist! You've been a great friend and I've loved managing your vocal league because you always give it your all. Keep in touch buddy

If I've forgotten anyone, I'm deeply sorry. It was not my intention to exclude anyone from this list who feels that they deserve to be on it.

Some footnotes for those who are interested:

- I'll be attending UMass Amherst for my freshman year this fall. I will be studying Computer Science
- If you wish to keep in touch with me, send me a friend request on Facebook if you know my name (I'm not going to post it, just include your SH/XBL/PSN name in the request please). You can also find me on Google+
- I'm relinquishing my title as League Manager. Someone far more active should be managing leagues if they ever happen again.
- I may hold a retirement stream sometime in the next week or so. If it happens, I'll post the time here and people can make song requests or challenges as they feel fit.
Knux2007  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad that you are leaving the RB community (I lurk more than I post, but I have seen a lot of your accomplishments, which are amazing.) Cool that you are going to UMass Amherst! Isn't that the best of the UMass Colleges? Anyway, have fun at college, and good luck on your future endeavors!

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
kingyami3  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i hadnt been an annoyance, you wouldnt have gotten shit done <3
well be in touch ;D

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingyami3SH
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really surprised to see this announcement and I completely understand. I congratulate you on all the successes you've had and all the new real life successes that lie ahead. What exciting things you have coming up! Way more so than any video game has to offer.

I wish you all the best in college and beyond. I've absolutely no doubts you will succeed at ANYTHING you set your mind to. You are an extremely bright and personable indvidual and you will have many opportunities ahead.

Thank you for your friendship here and outside of SH. I will always remember our dual squeezing text fest of Panic Attack xD What a riot that was. At a time when the splendor of the game was dwindling away, it brought a lot of magic back into the mundane task of grinding for 1st on RB2. Your support during that time was invaluable.

Good luck Danny <3 You have my number, my MSN and are on my Facebook so keep in touch!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
Xpertlefty: All we talk about is school and college now. Hopefully you can learn from some of the mistakes I made so you can get the things you want in life a little easier than I've had to I wish you still played, keep in touch on MSN!

It's been nothing less than an honour. I'm always up for a chat like old times, so if you're ever on MSN and up for it just message me Hope you do well at UMass, and whatever may come after

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see you go Danny, although I totally understand your sentiments. There will be much more fun things than Rock Band to do at UMass. xD

Thanks for the shoutout! I always have taken pride in the vocal leagues, and I think this past final has got to be statistically one of the great league finals in SH history, seeing the runner up and winner 1-2 on the overall leaderboards for an often-played song, with the winner absolutely clobbering the previous #1 score. xD All that great competition was enabled and fueled by your great organizational and motivational skills, and what turned out to be a nice song choice at the end there, lol.

You've accomplished some amazing things in your career, the Next to You on-disc FC is insane, not to mention the AC/DC and the great scores. And you got damn good at drums too

I made sure to Facebook you so we can stay in touch. If you're ever up for a good round of harmonies (fun as hell with other skilled vocalists) you gotta hit me up some time when I'm home and you, me, and D4 can destroy some stuff. Thanks for all the support buddy, you've made a positive impact on my RB career as well as many others, I'm sure.

EDIT: Okay, Dave just texted me specifically requesting you to "come out of retirement" and Perfect Harmony FC a song with us at some point. PEER PRESSURE!! (I'm around until the 19th of August if you're down)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:

EDIT: Okay, Dave just texted me specifically requesting you to "come out of retirement" and Perfect Harmony FC a song with us at some point. PEER PRESSURE!! (I'm around until the 19th of August if you're down)

YES, JOIN US...

Good luck at ZooMass and all. It's too bad SH doesn't have as many people as cool as you around.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. It means a lot to know I've impacted so many people. As for MN and Dave, I'm not coming back from Maine (I work on a boat up north) until August 22nd, so I'll miss you by a few days. I'm sure we can arrange something over Christmas break though. I wouldn't mind playing some harmonies, I've never really done it before
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: