FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Homecoming rolls on pro?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyRobo  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was noticed on the official Rock Band forums too over here for Head Like a Hole.

Are the cymbals velocity sensitive? I think Harmonix knew the MadCatz cymbals weren't all that great so they added something in the engine to give them more sensitivity in faster disco beats to make these sections possible to combo. Those MadCatz cymbals surely can't register hits at that speed accurately. It's kinda the opposite of the strum limit I guess.

Also notice that it doesn't overhit as the game registers these notes? You'd think it would break your combo if it keeps detecting hits when there aren't any. It'd probably apply to more than just the cymbals if it was a glitch too.

I think it's fair to 'abuse' when going for pro drum FC's, but songs with cymbal rolls as fast as that shouldn't be removed from drum FC lists until somebody hits it properly. It's not usual there's that number and speed of notes on a cymbal anyway, so it shouldn't effect much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: