FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus, you're on fire I know you'd been dreading "Roundabout" for some time, but it's great to see that you managed to pull through in the end!

I have a weird feeling you'd get to the FGFC long before me

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus - Thanks for the lonely reply! Roundabout was dreadsome because of my lack of affinity with long songs, but nothing will come close to a nice unbearable song.

I wanted to get 16 FC's today and 15 tomorrow, but the rain with strong thunder and lightning has generated a risk of short circuit. Better lose the rest of the session than losing the 360!

Anyway, this session was plagued by the rain itself and the FC's that didn't want to happen soon. Namely I Can See for Miles and Outer Space.

Fly Like an Eagle: To use my unwarmed cords. Pretty simple stuff here, unlike Rock'N Me.
Hey Man, Nice Shot: One of the GH mutuals I couldn't FC 3 days ago, because the verses and the Outro didn't really click. This time it was a 1st try FC.
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before: Long name is long, but actually a catchy song. If you get the hang of those midly short phrases, then nothing too bad.
Walk of Life: Learned to love singing this song. It's Dire Straits after all! But "The dedication, devotion" was a pain in the ass to hit, it looked like there was a shift there.
Crosstown Traffic: As fiddly as Fire, from LEGO Rock Band, in my opinion. Luckily, the song is short and sweet, and the scatting is pretty much an emulation of the guitar. One tricky phrase per verse.
China Grove: Kinda interesting to learn. Happy for no choke after the taps.
I Can See for Miles: One of the most annoying songs today. To be precise, the pre-choruses. Damn them all. I wasted so much time here...
King George: Not much of a fan of the song, but one funny thing is the fact that one of my activations couldn't last a whole phrase. Simple stuff, unlike what I expected.
Viva La Resistance: Cool song, though I had a few spots gave me fit. The shift before the last phrase is a killer, but the vibrato is an effective savior.
Cold as Ice: What could be a sightread FC material became reason for a small headache. Namely for 2 chokes in the same phrase, like 2 or 3 from the end.
Outer Space: Today's greatest headache, and last song I did before stopping due to the already terrible weather. The short phrases came one after another, and the places to breathe weren't so common.

There are still 20 FC's, one of them is fucking Rehab, the next "mute FC". In the brightside, NO 99% FC AT ALL!!!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun with the FGFC. I'm working on a FGFC of ACDC Bass.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you're going pretty quickly. I call FGFC in the next... five days. </randomguessing> Great job on all these!

Edit: I totally didn't edit this.

Last edited by MehPlusRawr on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely calling a FGFC in the next week or so. If not... then Amy Winehouse can go suck a dick

Gogo Tidus, you're so close now

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had good trouble with I Can See for Miles and Outer Space, the former being because of the weird pitch changes, the latter being weird, and both being some of my least liked songs in the game.

Thanks for the congrats on my FGFC, and I have full faith you will get this FGFC very soon. If I can do it, you most certainly will

Out of curiosity, what 20 are you missing?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone! It took a bit longer than it should due to a series of issues and other affairs that took my free time. Firstly, the firday afternoon had to be wasted with a bank endeavor that depended on a third party to start being fulfilled. Then I spent the whole Monday morning disposing of the terrible part of this week WoR Vox league. And I spent the rest of the day with the return to the classes and meeting the freshmen.

This enormous list of FC's features what I got Saturday and today. Even if I had the Bohemian Rhapsody "How-to" up on YouTube, 4 FC's, including the easiest song in the game, wouldn't bode well for a bump.

Last Dance: Took just two tries, one to take knowledge, other to FC it. So, nothing really tricky here.
Dead End Friends: Got this overdue FC after a plinkfest at the last phrase of the solo. Another cool song from TCV.
This Bastard's Life: Undertiered. Some picky phrases, and me plinking pathetically when trying to pull some squeeze.
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver: Arguably the easiest song in RB3 Vocals. But musically...when I'm banging to the song, it's a sign it's cool.
Get Up, Stand Up: Pretty tricky, as Marley tends to improvise a little here, and there are some phrases mixing more than one singer, with the lead wankery and the backup vocals.
Need You Tonight: I'm all for low-pitched songs! Took 2 tries to get this song...
Werewolves of London: That's some rough robbery out there, Warren Zevon! Well, if you're daring enough to experiment, you'll see a lot of octave jumps that make this song much easier. A range of exact 2 octaves in the chart, so the top, middle and bottom pitches are all the same.
The Beautiful People: Flashback of Wooffus' video of this song, but on Guitar Hero 5 DLC. It's (hopefully) the last time that she'll ever let the trolls turn one of her videos in a zoo, where only those who hate said video would have the freedom and right to say anything. Positive commenters? They'd have to shut up and stay like they were trapped in a jail. You know I love you, Ms. Wooff! One of the least pitched songs, but the pitches were a bit awkward.
Rehab: I have a pun going in my head that is too inflaming to be up on the forums. Unfortunately, this breaks the series without 99% FC's, but that was an amazingly quick grind, as witnessed by Wooffus herself on Skype. Tell 'em how I got the FC and how long I took, honey!
Combat Baby: One of the most, if not THE most frustrating of my 20 last FC's. To begin with, this is more of a "tenor-ranged, female-fronted" song, which by itself means trouble. Add to that the "doo-doo-doo" phrases and the phrase before them, which caused me uncountable plinks. With such a wasted of time, I was starting to lose hope on getting the FGFC today.
Heart of Glass: Took 2 tries too, for my own surprise, as I thought this song would be harder, and for the shifts too.
Humanoid: My bias was beaten and stricken down to the ground - this is actually much bearable than Monsoon, for having throwbacks from 30StM and MCR, 2 bands mostly considered "poppy" that I don't mind listening to. Still, pretty hard to learn due to some weird pitches and lots and lots of shifts.0
Oye Mi Amor: So, according to the game's tiering, this is easier than Me Enamora. Yeah...it's the inverse. The "No te vás" phrases are picky in different ways, but after them you're gold.
Oh My God: Thankfully this wasn't too hard either. A few plinks on the choruses, and a close call on the last phrase.
Foolin': Extreme flailfest in the end galore! 3 tries, the 1st was to take knowledge, 2nd was wasted on 2nd chorus. 99% FC due to dropped ticks before 2nd verse.
Walking on the Sun: Another good song to perform on video, but for now I don't know it by heart, so it caused me enough fits on the choruses to give me another 99% FC.
The Hardest Button to Button: Another frustrating FC, this song and Combat Baby are the ones I should think of when I start facing the consequences of the wasted time. When I skipped some small pitches, things got slightly easier.
Here I Go Again: The chart goes really weird here too. Took 5 tries, luckily I got the FC after I got the high note. Again, I dislike those sudden shifts.
25 or 6 to 4: The sightread FC that saved my face. This isn't TB:RB, so the warbling is really easy.

And the final FC is on this video!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you'd get this. I could tell you were 100x better than me at Vox, and I got the FGFC, so you had to. It's science

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job with the FGFC! Looks like loads of fun. I'll be starting that sometime in the future. What was your favorite song to sing in the game?

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus is freeeeeeeeeee aassss a biiiiiiiiiiiiiirrd nooooooow

Great job, with all your experience in GH vocals I think we all knew you would get this quickly, and you certainly didn't disappoint.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Tidus is freeeeeeeeeee aassss a biiiiiiiiiiiiiirrd nooooooow

Great job, with all your experience in GH vocals I think we all knew you would get this quickly, and you certainly didn't disappoint.

I read that as free-ass bird.

Yeah, Tidus is totally a free-ass bird!

Nice job on the FGFC. You're ridiculously fast.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Bird; good song to finish on
Congratulations on getting past the marker for the RB3 FGFC! I told you you'd get there before me, now grab a cocktail and applaud yourself

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And congratulations here, too! That WAS fast, but I expected nothing less.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 36 of 39

Jump to: