FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Expert Drums FC Breakdown [Suggestions welcome!]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I Forget really isn't all that hard. I just played it and hit all but two of the fills, and I'm incredibly bad at most fills. Radar Love is much more ridiculous.
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that before i forget is harder than radar love, but i think caught in a mosh is harder than both of them. i realise that all 3 songs test fairly different skillsets, but CiaM is just so relentless, i think it should be harder, if only because of how fucking painful it would be to grind. but thats just my opinion. i also think that 25 or 6 to 4 and especcially jerry was a racecar driver should be a good bit lower, if you have a good foot, those songs will be cake. finally, i would switch roundabout and smoke on the water. other than that, the list is looking great so far. if you want me to help out with descriptions i would be willing to, just throwing that out there
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Lasso should be lower than it is. It's got a couple tricky fills, but nothing tough enough to put it above 34 or 35 or so.

(4th riddle now available as of 8/19/09)
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
angelslayerp  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
i would switch roundabout and smoke on the water.

smoke on the water harder than roundabout? haha no, no way i got smoke on the water my second try and it took me over an hour of grinding to get roundabout...

DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Before I Forget really isn't all that hard. I just played it and hit all but two of the fills, and I'm incredibly bad at most fills. Radar Love is much more ridiculous.

Well to me when we're talking about FC'ing a song, I'd choose Before I Forget. But in terms of passing, I'd probably choose Radar Love. Nothing is really as fast on the outro of Radar Love like in Before I Forget. It's just constant.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the BiF fills have roughly the same level of difficulty for everyone. Radar Love gets easier as you get better. </badhypothesises>

All I know is that I can hit most of the hard bits that you guys are raving about without practice, and I'm bad. There's no way I can even come close to a Radar Love FC, because the ending BS is ridiculous.
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelslayerp wrote:
boss1592 wrote:

smoke on the water harder than roundabout? haha no, no way i got smoke on the water my second try and it took me over an hour of grinding to get roundabout...

i guess it comes down to what your good at, but smoke on the water is harder for longer imo, there are tricky fills throughout the song, and obviously there is the outro to contend with. roundabout basically boils down to wether your good at paradiddles or not, and wether you can hit the yellow roll at the end of the paradiddle section. outside of those, roundabout is pretty easy. i would argue that smoke on the water tests a wider range of skills than roundabout, with roundabout you just need to be extremely good at one (2 if you count rolls). i dont think theres much in it, but i find smoke on the water harder myself
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
superfly360  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played very many RB3 songs on drums, but I believe that Been Caught Steelin' is easier to FC than Rock Lobster, Something Bigger Something Brighter, and The Beautiful People. There really isn't anything difficult in the song and the swing beat can just be played like a normal beat if you have trouble with it.
angelslayerp  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
angelslayerp wrote:
boss1592 wrote:

i guess it comes down to what your good at, but smoke on the water is harder for longer imo, there are tricky fills throughout the song, and obviously there is the outro to contend with. roundabout basically boils down to wether your good at paradiddles or not, and wether you can hit the yellow roll at the end of the paradiddle section. outside of those, roundabout is pretty easy. i would argue that smoke on the water tests a wider range of skills than roundabout, with roundabout you just need to be extremely good at one (2 if you count rolls). i dont think theres much in it, but i find smoke on the water harder myself

yeah i see what your saying i guess i just got smoke on the water really fast and it took me a while to get roundabout

superfly360 wrote:
I haven't played very many RB3 songs on drums, but I believe that Been Caught Steelin' is easier to FC than Rock Lobster, Something Bigger Something Brighter, and The Beautiful People. There really isn't anything difficult in the song and the swing beat can just be played like a normal beat if you have trouble with it.

agreed

PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:

Uh... no. Just no. Radar Love's fills are difficult, but they can be hit without much extensive trouble when figured out as they are at a relatively manageable speed, despite how intimidating they might seem at first.

Before I Forget's fills, however, are just plain difficult and nothing else; the tempo constantly speeding up makes the last chorus utterly insane and makes it easily comparable to Beast and the Harlot's drum solo in difficulty, and even with that, there's still the prospect of FCing all of the stuff leading up to it, which in itself is arduous. Personally, I think it's harder to FC than Llama (though still easier than the bullshitfest known as Beast and the Harlot).

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63

Last edited by PuppetMaster9 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
gladiators16  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
Uh... no. Just no. Radar Love's fills are difficult, but they can be hit without much extensive trouble when figured out as they are at a relatively manageable speed, despite how intimidating they might seem at first.

Before I Forget's fills, however, are just plain difficult and nothing else; the tempo constantly speeding up makes the last chorus utterly insane and makes it easily comparable to Beast and the Harlot's drum solo in difficulty, and even with that, there's still the prospect of FCing all of the stuff, which in itself is arduous. Personally, I think it's harder to FC than Llama (though still easier than the bullshitfest known as Beast and the Harlot).
I couldn't agree more

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about both on Pro, does that make a difference?

Well, I went and played both again. Hit all but two of the fills in BiF, because I forgot about the tempo change. RL is still a crazy clusterfuck.
TinShadowcat  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:

5. Llama is harder than BatH. Most unpopular opinion ever, but who cares.

Completely agree, BatH isn't even THAT hard. Don't get me wrong, it deserves to be in the top 10, but I got my GS of it pretty easily, and I don't even have a GS of JWaRCD, BiF, or CiaM.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TinShadowcat
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: RB3 Expert Drums FC Breakdown [Suggestions welcome!] Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
75. No One Knows
Each of these contain one long, annoying triplet fill that goes back and forth between red and yellow before finishing off with blue..

These beats aren't triplets, I believe they are termed "hertas".

TinShadowcat wrote:
Completely agree, BatH isn't even THAT hard. Don't get me wrong, it deserves to be in the top 10, but I got my GS of it pretty easily, and I don't even have a GS of JWaRCD, BiF, or CiaM.

This is the Expert Drums FC Breakdown, not the Expert Drums Passing Breakdown. Llama is definitely the hardest song to pass, but BatH is the hardest FC'able song in Rock Band 3. It was the only one to hit the Un-FC'ed list, so that pretty much gives out a clue...

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
TinShadowcat  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: RB3 Expert Drums FC Breakdown [Suggestions welcome!] Reply with quote

Yeah, thought of that after I had posted it. Sorry. IMO, I can see myself FC'ing BatH before Llama. I can't even 4* Llama.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TinShadowcat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: