FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Season 12 Leagues - Final Signups Open through 1/29/11!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPooch wrote:
Leagues get split? Sorry, first time actually participating.

I signed up for RB3 Drums/Bass, though I'm not sure if I'll have time, but I'll try to at least play everything once instead of grinding.

I'm not "good", but hopefully I'm not a "flipper-handed idiot." :P

If leagues haven't even started yet and you are already thinking you may not have time, you should really sit down and figure out if you have time.

People signing up for leagues and quitting partway through is the #1 reason they are not successful, and lose their fun for other people.

Just cause you don't consider you have a shot to win it all, doesn't mean you are less important member of the league. If we have enough people to split into 2 weeks and then you and other people drop out then it makes the split turn into a bad idea.

This isin't just aimed at you, but everyone.

Make sure you know you have enough to time to submit EVERY single week or please do not sign up.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Roenja89  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
DPooch wrote:

I signed up for RB3 Drums/Bass, though I'm not sure if I'll have time, but I'll try to at least play everything once instead of grinding.

If leagues haven't even started yet and you are already thinking you may not have time, you should really sit down and figure out if you have time.

People signing up for leagues and quitting partway through is the #1 reason they are not successful, and lose their fun for other people.

Just cause you don't consider you have a shot to win it all, doesn't mean you are less important member of the league. If we have enough people to split into 2 weeks and then you and other people drop out then it makes the split turn into a bad idea.

Make sure you know you have enough to time to submit EVERY single week or please do not sign up.

Or choose "only" 1 league in stead of 2 or 3...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
DPooch wrote:

One more thing to add to this - a lot people say they dont have time because they dont have time to grind out their best possible score. Seriously - if you are short on time, just sightread it or do the best you can. Any score is better than no score, if youre in the hunt it will usually keep you afloat. Its a hell of a lot better than dropping out.
ellak96  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB3 OMB and WOR Hard Guitar For Me.
DPooch  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I plan on at least playing the songs once, whether I want to or not, just so I'm not a placeholder that ends up not doing anything.

But, I'm looking forward to it, even though I'm bummed that the ones I signed up for weren't the ones I originally did. :P

It's only 8 songs, and I definitely have that ~24-36 minutes that it takes, especially since it's weekly at first. And the one song every three days or whatever it ends up turning into is totally manageable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
D-Red  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the leagues have enough sign-ups to be split, what will the cutoff be to be in the higher league? Will it just be evenly split in two?
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be split as evenly as possible based on the ranks from the first week's results, as I recall.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no more regular keys signups = WTF

EDIT: Why was pro keys cut? Is it because it got least amount of signups? If so, why is DJHero2 Turnable still there and Pro Keys?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:

EDIT: Why was pro keys cut? Is it because it got least amount of signups? If so, why is DJHero2 Turnable still there and Pro Keys?

I'm a little bit confused by what you are asking.

Pro Keys and DJH2 are running. Both have 30+ people. Regular keys got cut a couple weeks ago after the first round of signups because it had only 11.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:

erm.... wut?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: