FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 - Review and Impressions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Rock Band 3 - Review and Impressions! Reply with quote

Better late than never! Since its release a few months ago we've been slowly compiling a ScoreHero review of Rock Band 3. Between everything the game has to offer and everything else that's kept us busy it's taken a while, but it's finally complete.

Most of the impressions are provided by elx who has played through everything and currently holds 1st place on the "fan count" leaderboard with a sizable lead.

Review: Rock Band 3

Discuss and enjoy!

Location: A long-ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fun to read, even if it was a few months late. One little nitpick: in the Drums section, you said that No One Knows is the first song with two solos at once on two different instruments. That distinction actually goes to One Vision by Queen.

MasterNobody wrote:
And somebody make D4 a banner! ^^^ He's an awesome guy and doesn't afraid of anything.
Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having elx on my friends list on Xbox Live...this review makes a lot of sense. I have to say that he has probably played Rock Band 3 the most. He has been ALL OVER that game, so while reading this review, I suggest everybody listen carefully; this man know what he is talking about.

As JC said, better late than never. I will peruse through this review, it seems to be pretty in-depth and picking up the slack that major reviewers need to do while reviewing a rhythm game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: What I have noticed... Reply with quote

First of all let me say that I love Rock Band 3.....I love the enhancements made from previous games and all the new features. That being said here is what I have noticed about the game on some of the points you brought up:

1. The gold star cutoffs: This is by far the weirdst thing about this game. The cutoffs seem lower when playing in band mode then they do playing in solo mode. For example: when playing Free Bird in a band on expert guitar I can get 375k points and gold star it every time, but in solo mode I have yet to gold star it and my current high score is: 416k points (which is not gold in solo mode, at least not when I got that score). I'm not sure its a glitch. They only reason I can come up with is that they lower the star cutoffs when playing in band mode cause you can lose OD if you band mates miss a unison. If thats not the case, then its a glitch.

2. The audio glitches: I have noticed audio glitches. The most annoying one is the guitar/bass audio problem when playing online. What I have noticed is that every time a guitarist/bassist whammies a sustain continuously til the end of the sustain, the audio will be out of pitch (or it will sound like they are whamming every note, even the non-sustains) until they play the next sustain and don't whammy it.

I have also noticed some other audio problems (even when offline) with some songs but it usually corrects itself. There is also another game glitch were the game highway will "lag" even when you are playing locally. It almost looks like your experiencing lag when playing online but locally. Its weird.

Besides those things, I love this game....I just ordered my mustang and I can't what to try pro guitar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MCSpartan 017 PSN Name: Spartan017
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: