FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Something I'd like

View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Something I'd like Reply with quote

Would be great if there was an "edit" function in manage scores for in case of typos or broken hyperlinks or for when you just want to add pic/video later after you've added a score. Currently you can delete and readd, but that changes the timestamp.
laconic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree with editing the comment and video/pic links, but the scores? No. This would make it too easy for someone to edit an old score into 1st place making it look like they got there first. Maybe a 24 hour period on scores, but that might be a little too much work to be worth it. 24 hours isn't going to make that much of a change to the timestamp.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone wants to put up a false score all they have to do is add it and it will replace the one that's up.

The edit is just so you can fix mistakes faster...it doesn't enable people to do anything they can't already do if they want to.
laconic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mentioned about how it changes the timestamp if you want to fix a typo. This is what I replied on. Being able to edit without the timestamps changing would make the timestamps irrelevant.

I'm all for freely editing everything on a submission except two things, the score and the timestamp. If you edit the score it should change the timestamp. This keeps people from taking that 40,000 score from December and just editing it to their new FC score, and it saying they got that first place before anyone else.

There is no easy way to tell a typo edit from a new score edit, without human interpretation. The best way, in my opinion, is to leave it the users responsibility to get it correct the first time. If not then they should have to deal with the timestamp changing.

I think I've said more than I need to convey my opinion.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, I didn't get what you were saying the first time. I still think that this place currently succeeds because of the honor system and how almost everyone is honest, so with that in mind you should be trusted to fix a typo if it is one or add a new timestamp if that's appropriate.

But with that said an edit box that only allowed add/change/delete of pic/video would still be outstanding. I would love to be able to post a score when it happened and then go back later and add a pic or video without deleting and readding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: