FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Complaints about Rock Band 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
Steadysphere wrote:
atiradorsp wrote:
gosh, I hate "Antibodies

Am I the only one who likes Antibodies? Sure, it's a difficult chart, but I think the song is catchy.
Love the song, a pain to play on Guitar, Drums, and Bass.

Agreed. Awesome song, pain in the ass to play on all instruments.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeviousBroccoli wrote:

It's not a safe bet to say "Old TV = 0/0". I've never used anything other than CRTs, which in theory shouldn't have any lag. Yet in almost every game, I end up with some kind of video lag. If anything, I'd think I'd have some kind of audio lag, because I'm using computer speakers hooked up to the TV. But audio is usually near 0. I don't know that my numbers are ever the same between games, either.

In other words, just calibrate your games, and don't assume anything.

Remember, that every foot you are away from the TV introduces some small level of lag as well. Length of your system cables can introduce lag. Even different models of the same style of TV have different lag. Assuming your lag based on your TV type is a myth.

Calibrate. It doesn't take that much time, you can always manually fix it to 0/0 later if you really don't like it, and it's even a goal.

Songs: Just over 1000.
SplashAttack  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say the only complaint with the game is lag. Thank god that after 2 months I've finally been able to fix it. Once the lag is fixed you can really tell that any complaints with strict hammer ons, or dropping notes were just because of the lag.

Seriously this game had the worst lag calibration I have ever delt with in a game. For some reason I could never get it right untill now. It took me an hour to calibrate RB2 and RBB perfectly and 20 minutes to get GHWOR perfectly. The "add 20ms" trick didn't even work for me. It turns out I had to add 20 to video but subtract 15 from my audio based on my RB2 and Beatles calibration. I don't know what happened.

BOTTOM LINE: Once I got the the calibration right everything played like a dream and I'm getting gold stars in guitar again
Nothing else to complain about. Setlist is amazing and the goals are great.
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashAttack wrote:

Seriously this game had the worst lag calibration I have ever delt with in a game.

I disagree, Green Day:RB had the worst calibration I have ever seen. I never got it properly calibrated, ended up just exporting and calling it a day.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...

Are we not allowed to play two instruments under the same profile? I was Voxtaring it up and it only took down goals for guitar. =|
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say there's practically no front-end timing window. There's definitely a bigger back-end though.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
I still say there's practically no front-end timing window. There's definitely a bigger back-end though.

CALIBRATION CALIBRATION CALIBRATION

If you use the calibration settings, you can move the hit window back so that it's balanced, or even move it way back so there's no back end and a long front end. The power is yours.
youhas  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DemonHybrid wrote:
Are we not allowed to play two instruments under the same profile? I was Voxtaring it up and it only took down goals for guitar. =|

From a goal-tracking standpoint, you don't get credit for simultaneously playing multiple instruments at once, no. Whichever instrument is logged in as your gamertag is "really" you, where goals and the like are ticked off; the others are merely guests / other users / whatever. It's at least partially a byproduct of the "even in band play, you get credit for whatever solo things you might be accomplishing by yourself!" setup, with a very healthy dollop of "how the hell is the game supposed to know you're voxtarring? honor policy?" in there as well.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:

From a goal-tracking standpoint, you don't get credit for simultaneously playing multiple instruments at once, no. Whichever instrument is logged in as your gamertag is "really" you, where goals and the like are ticked off; the others are merely guests / other users / whatever. It's at least partially a byproduct of the "even in band play, you get credit for whatever solo things you might be accomplishing by yourself!" setup, with a very healthy dollop of "how the hell is the game supposed to know you're voxtarring? honor policy?" in there as well.

Should be worth noting that this is only true on the Xbox 360 and Wii versions since they support multi-profiles.

The PS3 version actually tracks all instruments on the current logged in profile, so you can indeed earn goals on all active instruments on the PS3 version (this is one of the main reasons you haven't heard too much griping from PS3 users for unequal treatment in this case, because there's a significant fringe benefit). The drawback is, of course, that you can't earn trophies on multiple PSN IDs simultaneously.
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate that when im not singing, when there is a male singer my singer stays, but when there is a female singer the drummer and the singer switch instruments. thats pretty annoying when im trying to recreate an actual band.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:

CALIBRATION CALIBRATION CALIBRATION

If you use the calibration settings, you can move the hit window back so that it's balanced, or even move it way back so there's no back end and a long front end. The power is yours.

How do I do that?

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Drum Sustains are annoying me a bit, the lack of hyperspeed in practice is also annoying. Other than that, pretty cool...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
Sk8er4ever714  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has probably been mentioned but I don't feel like reading through 71 pages. Why doesn't Breakneck Speed stay enabled like it did in Lego. I mean, a bunch of the other modifiers stay enabled so why not this one? Same thing for Individual Track Speed and Chord Numbering (which will definitely bug me once I get the Squier). It just makes no sense to me and it annoys me everytime I load up RB3

<-Old and way outdated scores, lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sk8er4ever714 PSN Name: Sk8er-182 Wii Friend Code: 4407521356750541
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ this fanbase is about as bad as the Sonic fanbase now, which sucks as RB3 is MUCH BETTER in relation to earlier versions as compared to Sonic 4.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
Jesus Christ this fanbase is about as bad as the Sonic fanbase now, which sucks as RB3 is MUCH BETTER in relation to earlier versions as compared to Sonic 4.
I wouldn't go THAT far saying that our fanbase is worse than those of Sonic. I'm pretty sure there aren't legions of sites that bash HMX any chance they get, unlike with Sega. It's just that with every three improvements HMX made to RB3 it seems they took a step backwards.

Sonic 4 on the other hand was just a jumbled mess of previous Genesis levels with a graphical upgrade and a homing attack. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't the "return of Sonic" everyone wanted it to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 71 of 95

Jump to: