FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Content Deleted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sellagerg  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
gladiators16 wrote:
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I was playing Homecoming on pro drums, and they charted all the snare rolls as hi hat notes. lol

They must have disco flipped it to make it easier to pass but then not given the notes all tom markers.

I always wondered why it took me so long to fail that song when I would just stop playing at the rolls, this now totally makes sense why it did.

GamerTag: GoCowboysSB08
always looking for a challenge and/or co-op
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are RBN songs going to be (able to be) updated for Pro Drums? I was thinking Complexity of Light would be pretty awesome to play on Pro, but then the drum solo was all cymbal hits (when it's obviously not supposed to be), and it seems the other RBN songs are the same way.

Anything with disco flip feels a lot more fun now. I found Outside's chart to be very natural with the snare fills but I remember them being really awkward in RB1 for some reason (crossing over I guess).

Blue Collar Man is cool on Pro. Constant Motion is hard to read and all over the place. Move Along feels a lot different un-flipped.

Spanish Castle Magic has an oddly charted part, where you'd think it's three toms in a row three times. However, the first group of three has the first note marked as a cymbal instead of a tom. I wonder if it's a mischart...

Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist - 2/15/09
JosJuice  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shvegait wrote:
Are RBN songs going to be (able to be) updated for Pro Drums? I was thinking Complexity of Light would be pretty awesome to play on Pro, but then the drum solo was all cymbal hits (when it's obviously not supposed to be), and it seems the other RBN songs are the same way.
No. Updating RBN songs isn't possible, unless the whole song is rereleased, but then everyone would have to repurchase it.
View user's profile Send private message PSN Name: JosJuice Wii Friend Code: 5959909536341960
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shvegait wrote:

Most recent RBN songs have pro drums, but the authors didn't learn how to chart them until June so anything that was released before July or so won't have them. Some newer songs don't have pro drums too because they are and will always be optional. Most of the newer songs without them don't have them because they were initially charted before June, but spent a while in peer review and the authors didn't want to go back and add pro between updates (or, in Let Us Slay's case, couldn't because they weren't in charge of submitting it).

As JosJuice said, adding pro drums to old RBN songs would require releasing an entirely new version of the song that people would have to repurchase it, so I doubt it's going to happen for anything (I could see authors re-releasing a song for keys and harmonies, but I doubt they'll do it for just pro drums).
kurath  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised by War Nerve by Pantera on pro drums. It always struck me as overtiered when it went in, but with pro drums the pattern changes back and forth between the toms and cymbals in so many places in so many random ways that its hard to keep up with.
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
Shvegait wrote:

Most recent RBN songs have pro drums, but the authors didn't learn how to chart them until June so anything that was released before July or so won't have them. Some newer songs don't have pro drums too because they are and will always be optional. Most of the newer songs without them don't have them because they were initially charted before June, but spent a while in peer review and the authors didn't want to go back and add pro between updates (or, in Let Us Slay's case, couldn't because they weren't in charge of submitting it).

As JosJuice said, adding pro drums to old RBN songs would require releasing an entirely new version of the song that people would have to repurchase it, so I doubt it's going to happen for anything (I could see authors re-releasing a song for keys and harmonies, but I doubt they'll do it for just pro drums).

It just seems weird for a few reasons... 1) The old regular DLC and even RB1 songs have Pro Drums enabled... 2) HMX must have known Pro Drums was in the works when RBN was in the works... 3) These songs still have Pro Drums as a choice, but the chart is broken. Shouldn't they just have "No Part" for Pro Drums, lest the song comes up in a random setlist with someone on Pro Drums?

Shvegait  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to this thread, some other songs that play differently on Pro Drums:

Hammerhead fills (they are unflipped)

Downfall - The yellow and blue notes vary between cymbal and tom quite frequently during the choruses. You have to pay attention.

Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shvegait wrote:

It just seems weird for a few reasons... 1) The old regular DLC and even RB1 songs have Pro Drums enabled... 2) HMX must have known Pro Drums was in the works when RBN was in the works...

Yeah, they've been charting toms since long before pro drums were announced (I don't know whether they've actually been charting them since RB1 or just started at some point later and put the pro charts on disc or something), but didn't actually tell RBN authors about it until the announcement. I kind of wish they'd let them know as an option ("by the way, we use these three midi notes to denote toms... they don't do anything now, but if you feel like charting them just in case we ever use them in the future you can"), but unfortunately it's too late for that now.

Quote:

3) These songs still have Pro Drums as a choice, but the chart is broken. Shouldn't they just have "No Part" for Pro Drums, lest the song comes up in a random setlist with someone on Pro Drums?

It's because there's nothing that tells the game a song doesn't have pro drums. Once again, it might have been nice if Harmonix put in some way to label songs that don't have pro drums, but they didn't, so the game just assumes anything with no toms marked is all cymbals rather than not charted for pro drums, even though this is incorrect most of the time.
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shvegait wrote:
To add to this thread, some other songs that play differently on Pro Drums:

Downfall - The yellow and blue notes vary between cymbal and tom quite frequently during the choruses. You have to pay attention.

I'm guessing that means 13 Steps to Nowhere and the ending to Jesus of Suburbia are "fixed"?
rrwoods  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shvegait wrote:

I was quite surprised by this. I hadn't even realized there were hihats there.
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrwoods wrote:
Shvegait wrote:

I was quite surprised by this. I hadn't even realized there were hihats there.

Yeah, I was surprised too. But, actually, it's wrong. It shouldn't be charted how it is. They should be toms.

The fills were disco flipped to make them easier on the Rock Band kit. The red is a tom and the yellow is the snare. Pro Drums unflips the disco-flipped sections, but that makes this part wrong. Great foresight, HMX!

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Nerve Bridge B was a mindfuck..woulda been simple on classic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: