FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Charts Are Here!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: New Charts Are Here!!! Reply with quote

http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/
I'm ready for people to start using my site to get blank charts. You can select any instrument/difficulty combination (except harmonies).

Note the first time anyone accesses a given chart it will take a few extra seconds since the charts are generated on-demand.

Please report errors. Include the URL and copy/paste any error message.

I don't have quite all the DLC up there. If you can assist with that, PM me please.

I may add harmonies at some point, but wanted to get the main stuff working first.

-------------------------------------------
original post about keytar stuff below:

tl;dr
foolin x keytar
freebird x keytar
duhast x keytar
tell me how they look
-------------------------------
Now that I'm somewhat confident that my keys charts are reasonably accurate, I realized it was relatively easy for me to convert them to keytar (keys part while playing with guitar). As ajanata mentioned in his charts thread, the game seems to truncate the length of chords where the notes have different lengths to whichever the shortest length is and when another note comes along where an extended sustain would continue, the extended sustain just gets cut off. In my brief testing in game, it seemed that the note was cut off with no gap in between where it got cut off and the next note.

Following those assumptions, I've created a couple keytar charts. They should include hopo indications per usual.
foolin x keytar
freebird x keytar
duhast x keytar
please let me know if they seem to be correct.

Last edited by DarylZero on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Keys-on-guitar produces some very strange hopos; in particular, the GO gallops in Du Hast have the second and third note of each being hopo chords. It'd be very awkward to actually play them that way, most people probably just strum, but your chart doesn't seem to show those as hopos so I thought I'd point it out (plus there might be others like that)
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that hopos affect scoring of course, but I like making my charts as accurate as possible. I discovered that RB appears to create hopos for keytar for any note or chord where its midi NOTE_ON is on the exact same tick as the previous note's NOTE_OFF but where the previous note isn't long enough to draw a sustain tail. I suppose this was an easier way for them to make hopos for keytar specifically without using the force hopo midi note.

Anyway the charts are updated.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like!

So the multipliers do change later than they do with keys?
They might have just convinced me to buy a keyboard. Is there some reason they couldn't have just had us pretend those 5 buttons were a keyboard and ignore the strumbar?

I actually hopo those, lol. I play them like a OG trill.

And I think this thread should be in the keys forum?
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the multiplier for keys going up faster seems to depend on having chords where the notes have different lengths (i.e. in foolin'). since those chords are truncated to have the same length for keytar, the multiplier goes up the normal guitar way.

50/50 chance of picking the right subforum ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:

That's not the only scoring change; you don't get the extra ticks from the sustains with notes starting during them. (What's the proper term for that, anyway?)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
r0bd0g wrote:

That's not the only scoring change; you don't get the extra ticks from the sustains with notes starting during them. (What's the proper term for that, anyway?)

GH calls them extended sustains. Not sure why the guitar engine wasn't redone to allow them, but it does give the "play keys on keys" people a better chance at taking 1st from keytarrists.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I knew that... I was just commenting on the thing that I hadn't previously known.

Umm...
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for making my site live. Please refer to the first post as well.
http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm speechless, lol. These are the best.

Oh, I generated cold as ice... Any plans for the trill lanes?

Pro Drums are important for full band scoring.

I got errors generating anything from tbrbdlc.
eyecawl  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work on this, it looks really cool. Also I like the fact that you show unison bonuses, I couldn't find those anywhere so I've been having to play through the songs before pathing them just to find them.
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@r0bd0g
tbrbdlc should be working now. trill/drum roll lanes could happen, have to decide what color to draw them. also, do you know if you get scored as if you hit the notes under the trill normally (i.e. are the trill markers only for gameplay and don't affect scoring). prodrums are also possible but there was still some debate about how much cymbal notes were worth and i would have to find a way to draw them nicely.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea about trill lane scoring, but I would wager that the maximum score you can get is the score you'd get if you were to hit all the notes normally.

From what I've heard, if you have all the cymbals, then everything is 30 points instead of 25. If you don't, the toms are worth 25 (still snare and bass worth 30), but I'm not sure if it's only toms that don't have accompanying cymbals, or all toms, that are worth 25.

If you go crazy and generate charts for all combinations of pro drums cymbals, you'd have to remember that a drummer would want to hit the lesser scoring notes under lesser multipliers, in the event that a multiplier changes on a "chord" with notes of varying worth. ... Not that you'd actually go that crazy.

Drawing them? I'd suggest using a circle... >_>

Thanks for getting the TBRBDLC working. I do a lot of TBRB pathing (even though the band hardly ever gets together anymore ), but my paths are going to be using your charts from now on. They're spiffy.

EDIT: Only Abbey Road Medley appears to be working?
zuqu  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this, now I don't need to mark the unisons myself

I found a bug in the Rainbow in the Dark chart in measures 107/108, 111/112, 115/116, 119/120, 123/124 and 127/128. The score in the left measures are 50 points too low and the score in the score in the right ones are 50 points too high. And two thirds of the chord between the measures have disappeared.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:
do you know if you get scored as if you hit the notes under the trill normally

99% certain that they do. Haven't really confirmed it, but looking at vids of the 25 or 6 to 4 outro lane, it gives ~22k under SP which is to be expected from your chart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: