FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pro Drums mischarts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Pro Drums mischarts Reply with quote

With the random mischarts for regular drums, it's no surprise that there are mischarts in Pro Drums. As you have to hit the cymbal or tom as indicated, these mischarts are annoying, since you could play those parts more accurately when playing regular Drums, but now are forced to play them incorrectly.

I suspect that quite a lot of songs have some small issue here or there, but here are a couple to start off the list.

Also, if anyone has DLC (other than RBN) that has major issues in Pro mode, please post them!

Porch: first note of the song, should be Yellow hi-hat, instead shows as snare. (disco flip issue?)

Bat Country: measure 129 (last chorus), Blue toms, should be cymbals. Correct in the other choruses...

Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist - 2/15/09
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that We Are the Nightmare has monumental problems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:

Well, not only is that a RBN song, it's from before Pro was announced.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:

Yes but that song was quite problematic to begin with. Damn you Arsis
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard homecoming's snare roll is charted as hi-hat on pro mode.

The most logical explanation is that they "disco flipped" the section in GD:RB to make it harder to fail out, then forgot to give them all tom-markers when pro mode came about, so it "unflipped" back to the hi-hat.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:

Early RBN songs (and some more recent ones) don't have pro mode charted at all and show up as entirely cymbals and snares when you try to play them on pro. I don't think there's any point in listing them all here. There's a thread on the official forums keeping tracking of which RBN songs do have pro mode fully charted.

I do know that Fairwood has admitted that Runaway by Lyrics for Monday on RBN has a couple hits with tom markers missing that they didn't notice until after it passed review.

Some other ones that I haven't actually seen myself but saw mentioned in another thread:

The disco flip on Scream by Avenged Sevenfold is not flipped in pro mode.

The snare rolls in Homecoming are disco flipped and show up as all high-hats.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the hi-hat section for Red Barchetta isn't flipped.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
JosJuice  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
The most logical explanation is that they "disco flipped" the section in GD:RB to make it harder to fail out, then forgot to give them all tom-markers when pro mode came about, so it "unflipped" back to the hi-hat.
Placing a tom marker on red notes is impossible.
View user's profile Send private message PSN Name: JosJuice Wii Friend Code: 5959909536341960
gladiators16  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constant Motion has a random green tom note during the guitar solo when really it should be a cymbal which is kinda annoying

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosJuice wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
Placing a tom marker on red notes is impossible.

No what he's saying is it was marked as a disco flip in GDRB, and when played in RB3 it is unflipped by pro mode, so it's marked as a yellow cymbal hit
Systematic1  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sex on Fire has a goofed up blue note that appears over and over. In reality its a tambourine, in the game it should be the ride, in pro mode its labeled as a tom.

edit like 5 days later: actually it's not all that inaccurate, depends on where you would have a tambourine at

Last edited by Systematic1 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hammerhead tom fills that were disco-flipped are unflipped in Pro Drums. As a consequence, the toms which used to be played on red, must now be played on the yellow cymbal

Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist - 2/15/09
StreamOfNath  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The disco-flipped fill RIGHT at the end of Jesus of Suburbia (the very last thing played in the song) is flipped back, but all of the yellow notes (formerly red) are now hi-hats.

Also, pretty much the exact same thing in Perfect Insanity. Final section in the song ("Mind, I've-a-lost-a-my-mind, I've-a-lost-ah...") is flipped back and every yellow note is a hi-hat.

Obviously heaps of RBN ones too (Quite a few with Pro Drums charted, just a few mistakes here and there. Not to be confused with "no tom markers at all") but if I start rattling those off, I'll be here until next weekend

XBL GT: NathAttack / 893 songs total
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem like Harmonix didn't put in any way to deal with disco flips where the red isn't actually hi hat. I assume Rude Mood, On the Road Again, and other similarly-charted songs also have that problem. I assume it won't be there in the future, but I don't know if there's any chance of it being patched in now.
StreamOfNath  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check out "Got Some" (Pearl Jam) tonight when I get home from work, it starts off with toms on red/snare on yellow. I do assume it'll be the same though (toms turning into hi-hats)

XBL GT: NathAttack / 893 songs total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: