FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problems with Faster Sequences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarsPhoenix  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Problems with Faster Sequences Reply with quote

I have a whole lot of trouble hitting notes that are really close together. I don't know if it's me, the Keyboard, the engine, or what. I can get 4x combos just fine in the awesome chorus 16th runs of Roundabout, but hitting the G-R-Y-B-O horns in the verses of 25 or 6 to 4 just kicks my ass, or pretty much any instance of grace notes (like all over Rehab, though I hit them more than miss, and much more frequently than the horns I just mentioned) or particularly fast, active parts (like the slides downward on Saturday Night's Alright).

So is this just something I need to work on, or something that the game is picky about (the timing feels tighter on Keys than Guitar does, but that just might be me again)? Anyone else have trouble with the same stuff as me?
arte  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm getting the sense it's just an engine thing. it feels like the game takes away most of your front end during faster passages
megallica  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pretty sure the game won't accept new notes if you're still pressing down on other ones

so for faster sections, if you haven't completely pulled off of the keys for the previous notes before the next ones, you "miss"

Edit:
nevermind then, maybe it was just me...

Last edited by megallica on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chimney  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not true megallica. You can hold notes while playing other chords or single notes just fine. For example in Imagine you can hit and hold the low notes through while you play the higher chords.

But yes I do notice in faster sections like roundabout solo that the front end becomes smaller.
MarsPhoenix  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I mean sometimes it's definitely just my ring finger being a little bit less responsive, but it seems that when you have two close together notes like in Rehab (which is still a lot more fun than I thought it would be o_O) it gets a lot harder to combo them. Hopefully they'll fix it in a patch sometime.

Thanks for the responses!
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a hang of the sensitivity of the keys is really tough since you can depress them so much and yet it only takes a little nudge to get 'em to register. There might be a problem with the engine, but I think too that it's just about getting used to playing the keyboard.

For what it's worth, I still can't pass that Chicago song, but I can combo those horn scales when I play them with two hands. Works best for me to just use 4321 on my left hand for GRYB, and then hitting the O with 1 on my right hand. There's plenty of time to move your hands into position, and I didn't find it all that tough to get your right hand back into normal position after it either.
GenericName  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, isn't the chorus in Roundabout faster than the horn scales in 25 or 6 to 4? Just curious, as they were both mentioned.

donutz0r  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also had a problem with grace notes, and it seems somewhat random as to when they hit and when they miss. A specific example that I've encountered (way too many times) is the ending of Low Rider, where you have the 4-5 grace notes in a row. I'll keep the same rhythm each one and I will normally miss one out of the 5. I feel that it might be a calibration thing, though.
MarsPhoenix  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenericName wrote:
Wait, isn't the chorus in Roundabout faster than the horn scales in 25 or 6 to 4? Just curious, as they were both mentioned.

If that's the case, this is probably my ring and pinky fingers being unresponsive in the upwards run of 25 or 6 to 4. But grace notes are still jerks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: