FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Complaints about Rock Band 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things that disappoint me that actually matter:

- Missing DLC/exports (Should be patched)
- No BNS in practise mode (Should be patched)
- The message when someone online disconnects not giving you any chance to even see the fretboard. (Why not keep their fretboard there and place it over that?)
- Having to wait until friday to get the game. (UK Release Date)
- Removing Score Duel local AND online, i.e. something actually competitive.

Minor things that disappoint me that I can live with:

- The music videos. They seems to be less of a video like the RB2 ones, and more just a stage playing in the background. The venue for Spoonman on RB2 really shows how different and great things are. Jeremy is also good. These ones are flashy, but not very good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:
Rundown of cons for me:

Price ($60 for a CD...wait 5 months and it will be $40 and so on)
Lack of BNS (could towel trick but...eh, I am lazy)
Removal of 50% and 60% speeds from practice mode (I mean like why)
No VS modes (Like really, *butcher butcher)
Yet another export fee of $10, and not all songs exporting.
No more than 4 people online (drat)
Setlist (this is more personal than anything else)
New instruments... (I'm pretty close to Azurite in # of drumsets, and have too many guitars)

Rundown of Pros:

Pro-Mode, though I am not too sure about keeping my cymbals ATM.
Setlist (83 fresh new songs, cant argue)
UI maybe? dunno.

- Pretty much every game costs $60. What were you expecting?
- BNS still exists in the game, it's just removed in practice mode. I understand that's a big deal to some people but if BNS were entirely gone that would be even worse
- Agreed. I mean even if they don't get much use, there's no harm in them being there.
- No argument from me
- Blame xbox
- That definitely is personal, I'm pretty happy with the setlist
- Unless you're playing Pro modes, you don't need to buy a new instrument. The guitar I think is exactly the same as the RB2 strat, the drums are basically the same as RB2 drums, except now cymbals are expected
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
My biggest issue is that it's still another 2 days until I get to play this.

This is the only complaint I have.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Vuljatar  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either I'm very unlucky, or the RB3 pro drum kit is unbelievably terrible.

My first one took an eternity to connect to my Xbox, and when it finally did all the pads, cymbals, and buttons abruptly stopped working halfway through the first song I played. Even when they did work, the cymbals doublehit like CRAZY (literally every single hit) and the pads were too dull to register fast rolls. So I exchanged it for another one.

The second one connected immediately, but had the same cymbal and pad problems. To give you an idea just how shitty the pads are, they are actually worse than my first-generation RB1 kit that's been abused to the point where the red and yellow pads are literally cracked on the inside.

To confirm that it was in fact as awful as it seemed, I did the closest thing to a scientific test that I could. I played Young Man Blues.

Ten attempts with the new kit, never once did I make it past the second roll.

Ten attempts with my RB1 kit, I passed the second roll 10 times--9 of which I wasn't even in the red.

To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I switched back to the new kit and tried again. 5 tries, 5 fails on the second roll. Back to the RB1 kit: 5 tries, no fails.

I also tried playing Rio. The red pad wasn't even sensitive enough to pick up that disco beat. I couldn't come even close to a 4x combo on the easy part.

I really don't know why Harmonix would trust a company with such a well-deserved bad reputation as Madcatz to make their peripherals.
NoThru22  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinalSunrise wrote:
I'm not sure if this is true or not because some people say it is and some say its not, but can you see your high score without replaying the song or going to the leaderboards? I like checking my scores to see if I can do better or not.

Not true. I think the person posting all over the forum wasn't connected to Xbox Live (perhaps a pirated copy?) because if you wait literally a second over a song, it will show a leaderboard in the bottom right hand corner of the screen with your score and rank and your friend's scores and ranks. It also happens on the more details screen.

My only real complaints about the game are the game thinking that early RBN songs have pro drums, not being able to upgrade those songs to pro drums (perhaps even voluntarily from the authors), and not being able to sort those songs.

Also, the lighter ratings are universal and not tied to instrument.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Macello
Overwin  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Lack of BNS in practice mode
- Setlist (you introduce keyboards and then you only put in 1 or 2 Prog songs? Power Metal would be great with keys as well. Stratovarius anyone?)
- No 50% and 60% speed in practice mode
- Possibly not all songs will export

That are my main gripes about it. However, the new sexy UI, god, I want to make love to it over and over again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Lack of BNS in Practice Mode
- Removal or 50/60% speed in Practice Mode
- Can't have 7 people playing online?
- Setlist (just an opinion, I'm not a big fan of the songs overall. This isn't important though, seeing as we have so much DLC)
- Only being able to tie a custom character to one band
- Stand-ins now can't be placed on certain instruments, so your bassist might play drums next time

Quite a few problems I have, but I'm sure the core experience will make up for it. Also, the ability to play keytar single-handedly made the game a day 1 purchase

Oh yeah, having to wait until Friday sucks too. (UK release date)
beanzrpg122  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vuljatar wrote:

My first one took an eternity to connect to my Xbox, and when it finally did all the pads, cymbals, and buttons abruptly stopped working halfway through the first song I played. Even when they did work, the cymbals doublehit like CRAZY (literally every single hit) and the pads were too dull to register fast rolls. So I exchanged it for another one.

The second one connected immediately, but had the same cymbal and pad problems. To give you an idea just how shitty the pads are, they are actually worse than my first-generation RB1 kit that's been abused to the point where the red and yellow pads are literally cracked on the inside.

To confirm that it was in fact as awful as it seemed, I did the closest thing to a scientific test that I could. I played Young Man Blues.

Ten attempts with my RB1 kit, I passed the second roll 10 times--9 of which I wasn't even in the red.

To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I switched back to the new kit and tried again. 5 tries, 5 fails on the second roll. Back to the RB1 kit: 5 tries, no fails.

I also tried playing Rio. The red pad wasn't even sensitive enough to pick up that disco beat. I couldn't come even close to a 4x combo on the easy part.

I really don't know why Harmonix would trust a company with such a well-deserved bad reputation as Madcatz to make their peripherals.

*tries to ignore*
*puts fingers in ears and screams LALALALALALA*
*keeps trying to ignore*
*accepts the truth*
=(
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vuljatar wrote:

Maybe the latency is different on the RB3 drum kit? Did you try recalibrating?
TRWhiplash  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vuljatar wrote:

Because they have been a LOT better over the last year and a half. Their fight sticks have been great, and their RB instruments outside of the cymbals haven't had any kind of major problems AFAIK. The keyboard works perfectly and feels great, and I've heard more good than bad about the cymbals (not to mention stuff like the p-bass and other instruments they've done). Maybe it's just that bundle specifically that sucks?

I mean let's be honest here, it's not like the drum controllers before this were completely flawless. I've had to adjust all three kits that I own. If you've done it before, I would encourage you to try and do the same. I think for whatever reason (complexity?), the drum controllers are hard to ship in a 100% perfect state. This goes for all series.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRWhiplash wrote:
and their RB instruments outside of the cymbals haven't had any kind of major problems AFAIK.

Cymbals seem to be tough to get right. The Ion e-cymbals suck (IMO), I've also heard the PinTech TC can be flaky at the larger sizes. So unless you are going to pay a lot of money I think it could be a frustrating experience. I have Roland CY- cymbals and so far they are fine. I also hear good things about PinTech Visulites and Yamaha Cymbals but again, $$$.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
The Ion e-cymbals suck (IMO)
My ion cymbals have never dropped or double hit since I bought them a year ago. I only use them as crashes though, for pro drums I think I'm going to get one super sensitive expensive cymbal for use as a hi hat.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
The Ion e-cymbals suck (IMO)
My ion cymbals have never dropped or double hit since I bought them a year ago. I only use them as crashes though, for pro drums I think I'm going to get one super sensitive expensive cymbal for use as a hi hat.

Yeah I didn't have a bad experience with the crash but the hi-hat was terrible.
Jarpo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone with the game can answer this:

Why is it that most of the time when I try to turn on Breakneck Speed AND Individual Track Speeds it will also turn on BNS for everyone else I'm playing with (local). If they try to turn off BNS, it also turns mine off. This only happens sometimes, but it's very annoying. What's the point of selecting individual track speeds if it doesn't work most of the time?
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blehgopie wrote:
inv4der wrote:
My biggest issue is that it's still another 2 days until I get to play this.

This.

Also agree
All this RB3 hate just makes me lol.
I'm still buying it no matter what. I'm able to get the keys bundle for $100 after a discount...and the Mustang for like $110 after a discount..so bring it on RB3.

No BNS in practice? - Boo fricken hoo, deal with it.

no 50/60% speed in practice? - read above, that moves way too slow for me to practice with anyways.

NEEDS MOAR METAL? - Go play GH:WoR and shut it and stop complaining, or just dig into the 9248923749823 DLC songs and find yourself something metal to play.

Songs not hard enough? - read above.

/end
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 2 of 95

Jump to: