FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can you Multi-task like the Beatles?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Can you Multi-task like the Beatles? Reply with quote

Hello all, as you probably know, The Bealtes are ones for singing and playing instruments at the same time. Pretty much every song the lead vocalist is playing guitar/bass/drums. So I thought it'd be a cool idea if we had a rivalry, where you try to multi-task - like The Beatles!

Here's the rules!
1.) You must sing lead vocals only. You can't use harmonies and sing the easier stuff.

2.)You must play the instrument the lead vocalist is singing. For example, on Dear Prudence, Lennon is singing. So you must play Guitar and vocals at the same time. Or on Octopus' Garden, Ringo is singing, so you must voxdrum it.

3.)You can play on any difficulty. You can mix and match difficulties with vocals and the instrument.

4.)Each instrument FC earns 5 points on expert, 3 on hard, 2 on medium and one on easy. If you can gold it rather than FC, you will get half the points (2.5, 1.5, 1 and 0.5), and if you get 5 stars, you get 1/3 of the points (1.7, 1, 0.7 and 0.3). You can earn up to 10 points per song, then. Difficulty of song does not affect points (so you will get same points for a Taxman voxtar as you would HelloGoodbye Voxbass).

5.)You can submit up to three scores a day. There's no penalty for not submitting a score, though obviously you will fall behind. Not that's there any prize for winning or anything like that.

6.)You must prove these scores with pictures. You can do videos if you want, and if it's some awesome like a What Goes On Expert VoxDrum FC, I recommend it, but pictures are a must.

If this is actually successful, I'll probably keep running this until either intrest dies down or someone FCs every song. This will be a great chance for you to not only improve your voxtar/bass/drum skills but also dig into some great music and meet with some fellow scorehero players.

Post if you'd like to enter. I'll probably start it once we get around 10-15 people.

Lineup
Steadysphere (Me)
InternalDivideSH
jawnintendo

Last edited by Steadysphere on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Steadysphere
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've accomplished all the songs for both voxtar and voxbass. I really have no desire to go through the setlist again, but good luck to those who enter!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to be the first one to join, but I don't know if I will do it everyday. But it'll be fun nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.

I'm actually good at Multi-Tasking, but I'm too lazy to actually attempt songs. XD

Also, FYI, you can't GS a song unless BOTH instruments are on Expert.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
I'm in.

I'm actually good at Multi-Tasking, but I'm too lazy to actually attempt songs. XD

Also, FYI, you can't GS a song unless BOTH instruments are on Expert.

Awesome, and thanks for reminding me about gold stars. Might change that to 5 stars instead of gold. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GS = 1/2 points (2.5, 1.5, 1 and 0.5)
5* = 1/3 points (1.7, 1, 0.7 and 0.3)

Thoughts?

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated in OP, like the idea

Also clarified what I mean't by 'difficulty of song' in the OP.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Sgt. Peppers?

The first half has Paul singing, the second half has Ringo.

Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of ways around it I guess.

The first method would require filming. You could film yourself doing Sgt. Pepper's Loney Heart Club Band on Voxbass, or With a Little Help From My Friends on Voxdrum, and earn the points for one song on just that.

We could also just not include the song in the rivalry. Saves the work of doing that.

Its up to you guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: