FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bob Marley's Legend Full Album DLC 9/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS THIS LOVE IS THIS LOVE IS THIS LOVE IS THIS LOVE THAT I'M FEEEEEELIN'

Holy fucking shit if this is true. Won't hold my breath until it's official, but suffice it to say that this would easily be the most excited I've been for full album DLC since Ten. Would obviously suck if it wasn't fully supported with the new RB3 features but I'd still buy it first-day. Great early birthday present.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexterity wrote:
Ofcourse this album will have RB3 features. Do you really think they are that stupid?

If this does come out next week, it will NOT come out with RB3 features hidden in the files (besides pro drums, of course). Harmonix has confirmed that they will start adding RB3 features to DLC the day RB3 comes out and not sooner. This doesn't rule out the possibility of an eventual update, but in that regard it's in the same boat as all of the other songs that we already have with no RB3 features.
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
As if it was needed

from hmxhenry
Quote:
Thanks for the thanks, but as of right now this DLC release is TOTALLY UNCONFIRMED. I mean, it'd be awesome if we could release all of this landmark album from a hugely influential artist, but we HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED ANYTHING YET. As usual, it's not 100% CONFIRMED until we post the DLC announcement at 10am on Friday morning... or until our parent company starts running commercial promos for it.

Am I misinterpreting HMXHenry's statement, or did he just confirm this? He says, "...or until our parent company starts running commercial promos for it." Isn't VH1 under MTV, which is a parent company?

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeroxgp wrote:
BathTub wrote:
As if it was needed

from hmxhenry
Quote:
Thanks for the thanks, but as of right now this DLC release is TOTALLY UNCONFIRMED. I mean, it'd be awesome if we could release all of this landmark album from a hugely influential artist, but we HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED ANYTHING YET. As usual, it's not 100% CONFIRMED until we post the DLC announcement at 10am on Friday morning... or until our parent company starts running commercial promos for it.

Am I misinterpreting HMXHenry's statement, or did he just confirm this? He says, "...or until our parent company starts running commercial promos for it." Isn't VH1 under MTV, which is a parent company?

It's probably a joke, similar to the response to the RB3 setlist leak.
BathTub  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeroxgp wrote:
BathTub wrote:
As if it was needed

from hmxhenry
Quote:

Yes, that's exactly the point.
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:

Which makes me wonder... Didn't this happen with Pantera, where the DLC was advertised on VH1 before the announcement? And didn't it end up coming way, way later than advertised? And if this were a similar case, wouldn't it make sense because of the timing issue discussed above?
Catch-22  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextlevel88 wrote:
BathTub wrote:

Which makes me wonder... Didn't this happen with Pantera, where the DLC was advertised on VH1 before the announcement? And didn't it end up coming way, way later than advertised? And if this were a similar case, wouldn't it make sense because of the timing issue discussed above?

The Pantera example you mentioned wasn't real. Someone lied about seeing a commercial.
TRWhiplash  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this, and I think it MAY have some pro key support when RB3 rolls around, but I doubt it will have pro bass or pro guitar (not like I think that a lot of people will really care about either in Bob Marley songs anyway). From the way they've been talking, keys and pro key charts are not going to bump up the cost of DLC. This means they could very well be developing the pro key charts now, and either having them included on disc as a bonus or just patching them in later.

I'm hoping it'll have pro keys since they sound like the most interesting instrument part in the songs.

I was looking up info on the album, and this really is a HUGE get for Harmonix considering their efforts to be more internationally appealing. I hadn't realized how much the album sold.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRWhiplash wrote:
I have been thinking about this, and I think it MAY have some pro key support when RB3 rolls around, but I doubt it will have pro bass or pro guitar (not like I think that a lot of people will really care about either in Bob Marley songs anyway). From the way they've been talking, keys and pro key charts are not going to bump up the cost of DLC. This means they could very well be developing the pro key charts now, and either having them included on disc as a bonus or just patching them in later.

I'm hoping it'll have pro keys since they sound like the most interesting instrument part in the songs.

I was looking up info on the album, and this really is a HUGE get for Harmonix considering their efforts to be more internationally appealing. I hadn't realized how much the album sold.

It could definitely be added after the fact, but it will not have keys embedded in the DLC when it's released. They said that keys will not show up in DLC until RB3 is released, and adding the keys audio stem to the file will break RB1/2 compatibility.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
TRWhiplash  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
It could definitely be added after the fact, but it will not have keys embedded in the DLC when it's released. They said that keys will not show up in DLC until RB3 is released, and adding the keys audio stem to the file will break RB1/2 compatibility.
That's why I said on disc or patched in later. I don't think it would be part of the DLC itself, unless the pro guitar/bass charts are really the only ones in a different format than regular DLC.
Dexterity  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album WILL have support in RB3. It's a MAJOR release and they know this. It's very far fetched to think that they are going to release an album of such magnitude without keys and harmonies when they are very prevalent.

One comment from the initial RB3 announcements does not negate this.

This album will be used to push RB3 because of it's legendary(no pun) status.
I wouldn't be surprised if all DLC going forward from here on in is RB3 compatible. It's only a month away.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexterity wrote:
This album WILL have support in RB3. It's a MAJOR release and they know this. It's very far fetched to think that they are going to release an album of such magnitude without keys and harmonies when they are very prevalent.

I wouldn't be surprised if all DLC going forward from here on in is RB3 compatible. It's only a month away.

I can't find a quote at the moment, but they straight up said that DLC with RB3 features will start coming out the day RB3 comes out and not a day sooner. This makes sense, considering that RB3 DLC does not work in RB2, so if they put RB3 features in now the songs wouldn't be playable n RB2.

Why are they releasing Legend now, instead of waiting for RB3 so they can give it support for the new features? I don't know. Is it possible they'll release updates later that add RB3 features to these songs? Yes, although I don't know if it's particularly any more likely than them adding new features to Queen, Boston, Dream Theater, or any other existing songs with prominent keys or vocal harmonies.

But personally, I'm going to take the word of a Harmonix employee saying that no DLC coming out before RB3 will support RB3 features over speculation with no evidence that supporting RB3 features for such a major DLC release makes a lot of promotional sense. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Harmonix changed their mind, but I don't think the fact that they're releasing this album now is strong enough evidence to expect that to be true unless we hear otherwise.
Edify  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
Dexterity wrote:

I can't find a quote at the moment, but they straight up said that DLC with RB3 features will start coming out the day RB3 comes out and not a day sooner. This makes sense, considering that RB3 DLC does not work in RB2, so if they put RB3 features in now the songs wouldn't be playable n RB2.

Why are they releasing Legend now, instead of waiting for RB3 so they can give it support for the new features? I don't know. Is it possible they'll release updates later that add RB3 features to these songs? Yes, although I don't know if it's particularly any more likely than them adding new features to Queen, Boston, Dream Theater, or any other existing songs with prominent keys or vocal harmonies.

But personally, I'm going to take the word of a Harmonix employee saying that no DLC coming out before RB3 will support RB3 features over speculation with no evidence that supporting RB3 features for such a major DLC release makes a lot of promotional sense. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Harmonix changed their mind, but I don't think the fact that they're releasing this album now is strong enough evidence to expect that to be true unless we hear otherwise.

This is correct. I don't have the source, either, but I've seen the same one. People telling themselves that DLC released since the new features were announced "must" have new features will be sorely disappointed when Rock Band 3 is finally out and they can't play keys, pro mode, or harmonies in the DLC they were "expecting" to be able to.
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:

considering that RB3 DLC does not work in RB2,

I agree that this is true and well-documented, but how is it that Green Day plays in both just fine? Apparently Rock Band 2 can ignore some things that it's not compatible with.
lazor  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextlevel88 wrote:
Quazifuji wrote:

considering that RB3 DLC does not work in RB2,

I agree that this is true and well-documented, but how is it that Green Day plays in both just fine? Apparently Rock Band 2 can ignore some things that it's not compatible with.

the only extra feature Green Day has is harmonies, RB3 DLC will have an extra audio stem for keys, which is probably the main issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: