FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PAX, Seattle 9/3-5 (READ OP FOR MEETUP DETAILS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arte wrote:
niq24601 wrote:
My enforcer sources say that the guy who runs the RB tournament is in fact running it again. I think they are holding off until they can get either prize announcments or logistics for extra volunteers, etc. Anyway yes, it's happening. hooray.

that is incredibly relieving

My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for OP update: pre-PAX RB3 preview and post-PAX SHindig. If you are coming to PAX with any friends who don't check the forums but might come to the after-party, feel free to RSVP on their behalf ^_^.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: PAX, Seattle 9/3-5--bandmates etc. (3DAY TIX SOLD OUT) Reply with quote

niq24601 wrote:
  • According to Yelp/RockBandAide, there's an RB3 preview at Jillians, Thursday 9/2, 8pm to 10pm.

Nice find!

niq24601 wrote:
If you think you'd be interested in attending some sort of post-PAX SHindig on Sunday, send me or Kawigi a PM so we can get some sort of head count.

This! Don't make me start hunting people down. I slightly prefer a dry event anyways, but especially if it makes it possible for more SHers to come.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
niq24601  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Disappointing OP update is disappointing.

... so, what do people want to do? My bassist and voxer were pretty much only coming for the RB tournament. Playing RB3 and Dance Central for 3 days isn't going to cut it. Should scorehero become the de facto tournament organizers? I think I might be willing/able to run a tourney with 16 bands -- qualifiers on Friday, 2 rounds on Saturday, and 2 rounds on Sunday. I might go crazy in the process but what the hell.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
arte  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

that's ridiculous. they've had a tournament for what, the past three PAXs? (four if you count east) and it's just been getting bigger every time, why would they just stop it now?

in any case, I dunno how much I could do as far as helping to plan an RB tournament, but I'm willing to help as much as I could.
niq24601  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I bit the bullet and asked about this on the PAX forum. If you want to add a comment there to show interest in having an RB tourney it might convince them to have some sort of tournament. Be nice:apparently last year some pro Counterstrike players tried to freep the PC tourney poll and they got mad.

singemfrc wrote:
Elilasol  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sad news. Not that I had a band or anything. But it was a fun event the last two pax's.

I'd totally join an impromptu tourney.

Oh, and kawigi, i'd totally go for something on sunday. Don't have any plans for that night.

I'll be streaming here:
Streams!

This is my Youtube thing, you will find various videos there.
http://www.youtube.com/user/elilasol
niq24601  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a King of The Hill contest? We could limit song selection to everything that's tier 5-6 with an optimal score in a certain range, and just say best score wins. That way people can find time to play that doesn't conflict with other stuff.

I'm gonna try to scrounge up some prizes.

EDIT: Kawigi had a good idea: run KOTH on Friday and Saturday, take the top two scores each day and have head-to-head semifinals & finals on Sunday.

singemfrc wrote:
niq24601  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rawr!" means "why, PAX enforcers? why?" in dinosaur. Bump for OP update.

Please vote for your preferred tournament/get-together at PAX option. It's always great fun to see other good-to-great expert level players in person, and the more the merrier.

singemfrc wrote:
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm open for anything as long as it's over by mid-Sunday afternoon - I'm travelling from Canada just for this

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP Update. Hoo-ray for the Casual Option!

I'll cross-post this to rockband.com to see if there are any players there interested. But ATM their forums are broken.

singemfrc wrote:
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be at PAX! Judging by the few posts I read, they're not doing a tournament this year?? Is that true?

I'm sort of flighty (those who know me are aware of this) but I will try to meet up at the designated times on the OP.

Can't wait to see you all there!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definately be there. Be nice to see everyone again this year.

I'll be streaming here:
Streams!

This is my Youtube thing, you will find various videos there.
http://www.youtube.com/user/elilasol
Morkai  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET JESUS FEDORA IS COMING. OHHHH GOD YES. Man, I'm gettin' pretty damn amped for this.

Lets all have fun. 'n shit.
niq24601  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So while there's no tournament, the top 2 guitarists and top drummer, as determined by the Freeplay stage enforcers, will be the opening act for the Saturday night concert.

Red rover Steel Cage matches will continue however .

singemfrc wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: