FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wording for RB3???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MephistoJak  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Wording for RB3??? Reply with quote

OK, as we know, a OMBFC is currently when you FC Guitar, Bass, Drums, and Vocals on the same song.

With the added Keys instrument, as well as Pro-mode, what will be the terms for FC'ing in that way? Would it still be a OMBFC? If that's the case, then you'd be forced to play the keys as well from now on to get them, granted the song has keys.

Also, for Pro-Mode....would you just call it ProOMBFC? I'm just asking so there's no confusion later when the game comes out.

Also, I wonder how SH would track this....I'm sure there would be bands that have, like, 1 or 2 pro mode players and the others wouldn't be. This would affect scoring. Also, that'd create multiple scoring situations. I wonder how SH would incorporate this logic.

I'M LOOKING FOR TO RB3!!!!!!!!! Gonna be great!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: THE MephistoJak
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also have challenges because vocals are not scored or counted if all instruments are being used....My main instrument is becoming useless for rockband

So is a fbfc now any 4 person combo? For example, would the traditional guitar, bass, drum, vocals be just as good as a guitar, bass, drum, keyboard fbfc?

I'd like to add these questions to the mix if Ryan doesn't mind.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i suppose alot of it depends on how one interperets the term "OMBFC" and indeed "OMB" i interperate it as "one person playing all the instruments used in a song" if we are dealing with a song with all parts, keys included, im pretty sure the keyboard player in the BAND wasnt sitting out while the keyboard part was being recorded, so imo, a one man BAND FC would include all the parts played by the BAND, keys included. that is how i understand it, so, to summerise, i cant see any reason why keys wouldnt count towards a OMB FC

to answer twistedoaks question, for GH5 the term "traditional band" is used to describe a band with a vocalist, a drummer, a bassist and a guitarist. there is also scoretracking for each possible combination of instruments. i would assume something similer would happen, but this is just guess work at the moment
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
megallica  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would agree that an OMBFC should include keys if that song has them

and for notation, i would assume people will have to differentiate between X OMBFCs and Pro OMBFCs now (P OMBFCs??)

i'm not sure about mixing and matching though, could you FC something on pro drums, but if you don't have a pro guitar, and do it (and bass) on expert instead, is it an X OMBFC, or do all parts have to be on expert?
(i would assume all parts have to be on the same difficulty, but who knows)

it does seem weird that they decided not to score vocals if all instruments are playing in full band though (what's the point of doing them if they don't count for scoring?)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
i would agree that an OMBFC should include keys if that song has them

and for notation, i would assume people will have to differentiate between X OMBFCs and Pro OMBFCs now (P OMBFCs??)

i'm not sure about mixing and matching though, could you FC something on pro drums, but if you don't have a pro guitar, and do it (and bass) on expert instead, is it an X OMBFC, or do all parts have to be on expert?
(i would assume all parts have to be on the same difficulty, but who knows)

My thoughts on these are this:

There should be standard OMBFCs and Pro OMBFCs, as stated. These will include all parts as they always have. Just as there are songs without the four we have now, there will be songs with and without keys.

I'd say that Pro FCs would be allowed to count for standard OMBs but not the other way around. Likewise, any OMB including a non-Pro instrument (excluding vox, obviously) would be a standard OMB.

I figure my thoughts are a little relevant since this is how I'm gonna work in terms of banners.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
If SH were to allow PRO fcs to substitute standard fcs, would difficulty matter for pro mode? [ ie. Imagine easy keys fc (PRO) vs Imagine expert keys fc (standard plastar/5-fret key) ]

Also, for banners and wherever it might be applicable, pro mode fcs could be designated by "(PRO)." Just look at my example above, or if I'm not being clear enough:

"imagine X/H/M/E keys fc club (PRO)"

It seems more convenient and accessible than "Profc", "Proombfc", "Profbfc" imo. The placement of the difficulty level is debatable I guess.

EDIT: Then again for banners, as soon as people get ahold of the pro icons, my suggestion won't be necessary at all.

X is clearly going to be the go-to difficulty on Pro just as it is for standard, although I can see hard getting more recognition than it does now.

My banners will stay X as they have always been (unless noted otherwise), Pro or not. I'm planning on just using Pro in the text, unless I can make the Pro icons work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm glad I mentioned this, then, with all the discussion going on here.
After looking it over, I do agree that OMBFC should now include keys into the mix whenever applicable. It just makes sense.

The hard part would be how to determine Pro mode's involvement here. Especially in SH's scoring for band mode. Like, how would SH take the idea of 16 different combinations for a 5-person band, and even more for lower count bands...it's just baffling.

For those that need a breakdown of what I mean....
1 = XVox / XGuitar / XBass / XDrums / XKeys (standard full expert band)
2 = XVox / XGuitar / XBass / XDrums / ProKeys
3 = XVox / XGuitar / XBass / ProDrums / XKeys
4 = XVox / XGuitar / ProBass / XDrums / XKeys
5 = XVox / ProGuitar / XBass / XDrums / XKeys
6 = XVox / XGuitar / XBass / ProDrums / ProKeys
7 = XVox / XGuitar / ProBass / XDrums / ProKeys
8 = XVox / ProGuitar / XBass / XDrums / ProKeys
9 = XVox / XGuitar / ProBass / ProDrums / XKeys
10 = XVox / ProGuitar / XBass / ProDrums / XKeys
11 = XVox / ProGuitar / ProBass / XDrums / XKeys
12 = XVox / XGuitar / ProBass / ProDrums / ProKeys
13 = XVox / ProGuitar / XBass / ProDrums / ProKeys
14 = XVox / ProGuitar / ProBass / XDrums / ProKeys
15 = XVox / ProGuitar / ProBass / ProDrums / XKeys
16 = XVox / ProGuitar / ProBass / ProDrums / ProKeys (standard full pro band)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: THE MephistoJak
Deschain  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's similar to GH5's any combo of instruments, up to 4 of the same instrument...the number of leaderboards exploded, diffusing competition even further. I'm just wondering if full non-Pro band+keys will be where the competition is at, or if the focus will shift elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: