FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help with Teenage Riot's choruses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
googleimage  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Help with Teenage Riot's choruses Reply with quote

I'm having trouble getting through the choruses to Teenage Riot without breaking combo at the exact same pattern every time, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

The pattern in question is that that seems to mark the end of each measure in the later choruses. I use natural sticking the entire time, and it's the only part in the choruses that consistently ruin my combo (as far as I can tell, the miss happens right on the note). Any tips on getting consistent at these?
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just natural sticking. You're probably just having a mental block from seeing the pattern change sort of unexpectedly. The only thing you can do is just practice and it will click eventually.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Reposting pattern using drum gems for those who were confused like I was.)

I agree with TopazGrl; it's probably just that your brain notices a slightly different pattern, forcing you to think about it for a moment. This can mess up your timing. Happens to me all the time, especially with kicks (as you noted).

Take it to practice mode and grind it a few times. With enough practice, the pattern will become natural to you. If you can combo the rest of the chorus, then a little bit of practice on this one part should take you the rest of the way.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TopazGrl hit it on the head. Its a different pattern and mentally you get anxious/confused/nervous/whatever because its different. I personally actually have to think about slowing down when i get to that pattern because i will tend to rush it and miss at the kick. So maybe try that?
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I figured out where I've been going wrong, and it was a motor memory issue. I was moving back to the red on the 2nd snare hit without even really paying attention to it, and all I was doing was emphasizing the incorrect hit more than usual.

I still haven't yet FCed a chorus from front to back, but I usually come fairly close - typically 3 or fewer combo breaks. I hope I can start to threaten gold on this one once I can clean up the bridge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: