FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MTV/Harrah's Tourney: Rofl Mao wins!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GxSlim wrote:
Maurice AKA RoflMo (sorry Frizzy) from RoflMao chiming in here...

I just have a few things I'd like to say.

Big thanks to everyone involved in this, from organizers to competitors to bartenders to the random Filipino couple that followed us around and joined RoflMao's hysterical red army. A great time was had by all and an amazing time by some.

To HCaNC: I feel your frustration, I've been there. I've got my share of WCGs and national tourneys and full time playtesting gigs and all that under my belt - even if most of it is a distant memory to this aging professional - I know what it's like to put an inordinate amount of effort into something and to pride yourself on the level you've achieved. It is precisely for this reason that i consider myself an amateur at Rock Band, even though I can play 98% of the songs in the catalog on expert on all instruments/vox.

At the end of the day, this wasn't WCG. This was Harrah's. It could very well have served as a casting call for a Rock Band commercial (a la http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BddCq1zFI4). I hope (and am sure of the fact) that you will have many actual gaming tournaments ahead of you, and you'll get your due. At the same time I hope that you come back to TRTR next year and are able to enjoy it for what it is.

We definitely hope to go back next year, if for no other reason than to hang out with everyone again. The problem is it's pretty hard to find tourneys anymore. Aside from TRTR, we've gone to maybe 2 or 3 since the RB2 release thing that Spike TV did a couple years back. They're pretty hard to come by in the DFW area.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: