FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/4/10 DLC - No Doubt, Orianthi and Picture Me Broken!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: 5/4/10 DLC - No Doubt, Orianthi and Picture Me Broken! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (May 4) and PlayStation 3 system (May 6):

• Different People by No Doubt +
    Chart previews:

• End It on This by No Doubt +
    Chart previews:

• Happy Now? by No Doubt +
    Chart previews:

• Hey You by No Doubt +
    Chart previews:

• Sixteen by No Doubt +
    Chart previews:

• The Climb by No Doubt +
    Chart previews:

• Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt +
    Chart previews:

• World Go ‘Round by No Doubt +
    Chart previews:

• You Can Do It by No Doubt +
    Chart previews:

• According to You by Orianthi +
    Chart previews:

• Dearest (I’m So Sorry) by Picture Me Broken *
    Chart previews:

(All tracks are original master recordings)
These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
*Denotes $0.99 USD, £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360), $1.00 (100 Wii Points™)
$14.99, £6.16 UK, €9.25 EU (1200 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Deep Cuts”
$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Complete Album”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:
  • Business Time by Flight of the Conchords (160 MSP) *
    Chart previews:

• Burn It Down by Five Finger Death Punch (160 MSP) *
    Chart previews:

• Lady in a Blue Dress by Senses Fail (160 MSP) *
    Chart previews:

Already-enabled songs now available for PS3:
  • Bodies by Drowning Pool (160 MSP) *
    Chart previews:

• Semi-Charmed Life '09 by Third Eye Blind (160 MSP) *
    Chart previews:

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with a * are available for PlayStation 3. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by JCirri on Wed May 19, 2010 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Spigglez  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Finally! Reply with quote

Me and my gf have been waiting for According to You! Can't wait to take it for a test drive.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what was added to RBN this week on PS3? Other than Bodies, Survive and that Third Eye Blind song.

Also, might get the No Doubt songs if the charts are good.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar charting seems off in the Orianthi song or maybe I just had a preconceived notion of how it would look in my brain.
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Guitar charting seems off in the Orianthi song or maybe I just had a preconceived notion of how it would look in my brain.

The only thing that seemed wierd was right before the second chorus where it goes or something along those lines. IMO the red strums shouldn't be in that trill. Other than that, the chart is alright.

Also, what's Tragic Kingdom's solo like, for anybody that has it yet?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman10894 wrote:
toymachine wrote:

The only thing that seemed wierd was right before the second chorus where it goes or something along those lines. IMO the red strums shouldn't be in that trill. Other than that, the chart is alright.

Also, what's Tragic Kingdom's solo like, for anybody that has it yet?

It's just your usual stretch of fast scales. CorporalGregg has the entire album up on his YT page if you want to see it.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the guitar tier for the Orianthi song.

Tough solo but Tier 6? Really? Seems pretty out of place to me, to be honest.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
urikobb3 wrote:

I agree, it's overtiered. There was nothing someone could not bs their way out of with overdrive.

Other than that, the deep cuts were really fun chartwise. I had no idea Tragic Kingdom was so good until now. I am contemplating buying the whole album now.

Go for it!

Tragic Kingdom solo is just triplets basically, but its fun. I think that solo is harder than the Orianthi song (I bought Orianthi and the whole Tragic Kingdom album)

I highly, highly recommend Tragic Kingdom for anyone who plays bass. None of the tracks are dumb root note strumming (at least not mostly) and even the tier 1s have tricky and interesting parts (no tier 0s on bass except Don't Speak, which isn't new)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also find it annoying that "According to You" is overtiered. I'd give it a 4/6 guitar tier, and that's being generous. A monkey could overdrive through that solo.

More generally, I've always thought it was annoying that Harmonix never discussed exactly how they tier things. What harm could it possibly do? Tiering practices aren't sought-after government secrets.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
I also find it annoying that "According to You" is overtiered. I'd give it a 4/6 guitar tier, and that's being generous. A monkey could overdrive through that solo.

More generally, I've always thought it was annoying that Harmonix never discussed exactly how they tier things. What harm could it possibly do? Tiering practices aren't sought-after government secrets.

They have discussed it before. For DLC, they basically just estimate about how difficult it is on expert and put it there (the actually tiering for non-RBN songs is an integer value that determines what order songs show up in when sorting by difficulty, along with the tier). Sometimes, this ends of being not quite accurate, but they're not going to bother devoting a lot of time to trying to perfect their tierings for DLC because it's not that important, and as RBN has shown, people outside of Harmonix also make mistakes with tiers too.

Anyway, with According to You, I think it could easily be argued that the fact that most people would have to use overdrive to get through the solo at all means it should probably be tiered pretty high. It looks to me like it probably doesn't quite deserve final tier because the solo is so short that OD makes it easy to pass, but I think any song where most people need OD to pass it at all should probably be at least 4/6 and maybe 5/6.

Anyway, more on topic: Most of the No Doubt songs don't look too exciting to me, but Tragic Kingdom (the song) looks like it has a ton of variety and could be a lot of fun. The Picture Me Broken song also doesn't look too bad on guitar and drums for a half price song.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:

If I recall, in one interview they said in a really vague way the tiers for DLC are essentially them throwing a dart on a board that has 0-6 on it, and wherever the dart lands is the tier.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they said that they use a much wider range to judge difficulty and where ever that falls on the 6 tiers they go with. So the Orianthi song is probably just barely breaking that tier.
Slifer-of-Osiris  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urikobb3 wrote:

^Agreed, just how "Afterlife" is under-tiered. It should at least have a full 5, possibly 6 due to the craziness of Solo D if youre not using that p.o.s. of a peripheral Stratocaster. And I'm not even gonna mention the fact that the Bass Tier on it is a full 6... Really? I Gold Starred it on my first play-through..

lilchris25  

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI to JCirri - PS3 now gets songs on Tuesdays starting this week.

http://www.psu.com/news/8963
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: lilc25
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: