FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/30/10 Full Album DLC - Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Wow, the Spanish Castle Magic chart is really, uh....Well I don't like it. HO/PO chords have ruined the charts for me.

Wow they use those a lot in this pack. I mean, WOW. I think Jimi's style is much more suited to extended-sustains? I have never liked ho/po chords in either game but this is just awful.

Magnet  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Wow, the Spanish Castle Magic chart is really, uh....Well I don't like it. HO/PO chords have ruined the charts for me.

Wow they use those a lot in this pack. I mean, WOW. I think Jimi's style is much more suited to extended-sustains? I have never liked ho/po chords in either game but this is just awful.

I really don't see why people have a problem with them. They can just be strummed normally if you don't want to take advantage of the HOPO aspect. I thought they were fun to use and added a lot to the songs.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnet wrote:
Warhiem wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

I really don't see why people have a problem with them. They can just be strummed normally if you don't want to take advantage of the HOPO aspect. I thought they were fun to use and added a lot to the songs.

Agreed. I think it just makes the chart look more awkward than it really is. I played it both ways and, though they're a bit harder to do consistently, I think playing with HOPOs is ultimately more fun.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could play this album all day on guitar. I just played through the whole thing three times...it gets better each time somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album was awesome, but some of the guitar charts are SO tricky.

Wait until tomorrow is the third song ever that I sightread 3-starred, the other two being Thrasher and Visions - the chart is SO hard to get even a 10-note combo on in parts....

Tried some of the charts on Hard drums - If 6 was 9 is pretty good fun if not OMG-watered down - which is good cos I could pass it

Goals in hindsight:
FC WGFA [x]
FC Feel the pain (GH:WT) [x]
FC Hush [x]

All goals achieved!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: InsatiableFiend PSN Name: InsatiableFiend
murdershot21  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valleys of Neptune has was of the funnest(and weirdest) drum charts I've ever played.

Also Bold as Love is probably the overtiered vocal song ever. I FC'ed all 26 phrases of it on my sightread, I would put it at Tier 1 or 2.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: murdershot21 PSN Name: N/A
suckaface  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to make HO/PO for the drummer now.

Rock Band: Led Zeppelin
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suckaface wrote:
They need to make HO/PO for the drummer now.

And how would that work, exactly? Drumming has no comparable techniques that work anything like HOPOs. Holding a stick on a cymbal/snare/tom and hitting another makes no sound with the held stick. >__>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take it seriously.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: murdershot21 PSN Name: N/A
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole album is freaking awesome on drums. I enjoyed every song, and some of them are flat out amazing. Guitar also has some seriously amazing charts (One Rainy Wish - just wow), some charts that'll take some getting used to, and some charts that will surely remain annoying after a couple weeks.

If 6 Was 9 is a bit overtiered on drums IMHO; it's nigh-impossible to actually play, but it's not all that hard to fudge a pass - I just treat the crazy snare-ride rolls as straight snare, and it keeps me in the yellow, or barely drops into the red. I'd put it somewhere below Kool Thing but above the original Run To The Hills.
joetraff  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimi Hendrix is my all time favorite.
Love to see this post.

[url="http://www.business-opportunities-mentor.co.uk/articles/andrew-reynolds-reviewed"]andrew reynolds[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: