FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/16/10 DLC - Lady Gaga, The Subways, and More
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
The correct name for Cartman's rendition of Poker Face in-game is "Lady GaGa's 'Poker Face' (South Park Version)," by the way, since ScoreHero likes being as close to the game as possible and all.

Thanks, I've updated the title.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucasadverse wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
JunkDeLuxe wrote:
I can't believe they actually put Lady Gaga on rockband..

this. i never post in here but i was totally in shock when i saw this pop up on the PSN Store. i would have never believe this in my whole life.

my opinion

same here

when my friend told me that I couldnt believe
seriously it was like a shock to me too
I cant believe rb did that

how dare they put a song with no guitar, bass and drums to a ROCK game
and the worst : the genre of the lady gagas songs are "pop-rock" according to RB

pop-rock??? that is just a mother fucking offense to rock n roll

the charts are ridiculous though

what a shame.

They broke all of these "rules" on the Rock Band 1 disc. Were you angry playing along to the synth in The Hand That Feeds? Were you fuming at the inclusion of Freezepop?
ao33  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was readying a smart ass reply in which I would have stated quite loudly that these Lady Gaga songs are OBVIOUSLY expansions of Lego Rock Band. Then I did some lookin' and discovered they aren't even playable in Lego Rock Band. Bwa ha ha. Funny shit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeoff wrote:
lucasadverse wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
JunkDeLuxe wrote:

this. i never post in here but i was totally in shock when i saw this pop up on the PSN Store. i would have never believe this in my whole life.

my opinion

same here

and the worst : the genre of the lady gagas songs are "pop-rock" according to RB

what a shame.

They broke all of these "rules" on the Rock Band 1 disc. Were you angry playing along to the synth in The Hand That Feeds? Were you fuming at the inclusion of Freezepop?

you forgot to mention the organ in Smokin' which completely ruined the song. and yes alot of us were angry at that and for the ones mentioned above

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucasadverse wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
JunkDeLuxe wrote:

my opinion

same here

what a shame.

Really? It actually did have all instruments. You obviously don't have a very good musically trained ear.

Also, how is it an offense to Rock n' Roll? There are many songs in Rock Band that don't have these instruments or are pop, but I never saw you complain about it. Frankly, I think you've heard Poker Face, and just based off that song, you don't like her. Or maybe its how mainstream it is. All in all, if you don't think any of her songs are catchy, then I really do feel bad for you.

Before you bash Lady GaGa, maybe learn why shes better then most mainstream artists. All of her songs are incredibly catchy, an awesome piano play, choreographs (sp?) her own dances, live singing is amazing, and lots more. Shes is probably the best pop artist in the last 10 years, which is saying a lot compared to Britney Spears, and many other artists. Shes obviously not going down a road to hell like Britney, so thats another plus. I think she was a great addition to Rock Band due to the fact people should listen to all of her music because its not all RAH RAH AH AH AH AH ROMA OO LA LA LA GAGA OO LA LA WANT YOUR BAD ROMANCE, but shes also very talented in live performances, and not. Her songs are incredibly catchy, and no other pop artist in the last 10 years has pulled something off like she has.

Think I'm lying about how talented she is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRILEQhJqoo
that is all.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you southparkhero. Sometimes people are so fucking ignorant it angers me. Not saying I'm a fan of Lady Gaga. It's not my style of music. But if you're gonna say she's not an amazingly talented musician, you're just ignorant, simple as that.

When I read the announcement, my exact response was, "about damn time."

Although, I must say, it does really annoy me that they labeled it "pop-rock". But then again, Rock Band genre labeling is atrocious at best lol. I'm gonna assume they label how they do to cater to the ignorant masses and don't really think All American Rejects is "emo".
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ao33 wrote:
I was readying a smart ass reply in which I would have stated quite loudly that these Lady Gaga songs are OBVIOUSLY expansions of Lego Rock Band. Then I did some lookin' and discovered they aren't even playable in Lego Rock Band. Bwa ha ha. Funny shit

How could you possibly think the subject matter of those songs would be suitable for LRB

Southparkhero wrote:
Shes obviously not going down a road to hell like Britney

Well...yea. That happened after her fourth album. GaGa hasn't capped off her first album era. And I mean, fainting during live shows more than once is not a good sign, even with how frenetic her performances usually are.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
ao33 wrote:

How could you possibly think the subject matter of those songs would be suitable for LRB

Hahaha. More proof that people don't actually listen to lyrics (Read: Semi-Charmed Life). I'm very surprised they weren't terribly censored. Imagine if "I Like it Rough" was in the game. Jeez, they'd have a field day.
kokosovorah  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Gaga .. mm

every list is good with her on it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: