FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A complete RB2 Voxtar FC Breakdown (late update, sorry.__.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: A complete RB2 Voxtar FC Breakdown (late update, sorry.__.) Reply with quote

Ok people, i KNOW it's been talked about already, but i couldn't see any real breakdown, just people fighting over what song is the hardest to voxtar.

So yeah, i tried my best to figure something out, sorting the songs from the easiest to fc to the hardest. I also know WELL that it's going to be different for each person. But i tried to think about everything that could give trouble, also it's kinda hard for me to sort the hardest guitar songs when i'm totally aware that i will never be able to fc them

Here you go :

1.So what'cha want - Ahem...
2.My own worst enemy - Both parts are easy
3.Cool for cats - Not many notes...
4.E-pro - Same, not many notes, you can easily focus on vocals
5.Nine in the afternoon - Maybe some trouble on the quick notes when trying to whammy
6.Pretend we're dead - Slow guitar chart, easy pitches. Just try not to be deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad because of this never ending end
7.I was wrong - Hmmm, take your breath ! Chord changes + not much room to breathe...
8.Hungry like the wolf - Don't remember anything being hard on this one.
9.Today - Only the end of the solo can be weird when trying to activate there.
10.Hello there - Quite fast, always stay alert, and there's a phrase you can easily miss (the last "Are you ready to rooOOoock" i think. It's a little higher)
11.We got the beat - The only somehow tricky phrase has not guitar. Just be careful not to choke on the short last phrases or overstrum on "WE got the beat"
12.Rebel girl - She iiiiis my best friend yeaaaah !! No phrase during the solo...
13.Eye of the tiger - Stay on your guard all the time ! Nothing hard, but an overstrum happens SO easily !
14.Float on - Ho-po chords while singing might require concentration...The end will take all your oxygen !!
15.Livin' on a prayer - The ho-po at the end of the solo start AFTER the phrase...Only weird part.
16.Man in the box - "save me" pitches are weird when not watching...and tricky solo of course.
17.De-luxe - When you see this in 3rd tieeeeer, what's that supposed to meaaaaan ? vox is easy, guitar is mayyyybe not as easy but still, they perfectly fit each other.
18.Drain you - Same problem here...good thing the phrase at the end of the solo is a talky
19.Spirit in the sky - The Gb Gb Gb Gb might confuse you a bit, but that's all. Add the taps and you'll get something near impossible though X__X
20.New kid in school - You may miss during the phrase at the end of solo ! Also, be sure to pay attention to the occasional low pitches and lack of air.
21.PDA - Vox is weird enough by itself, not looking at it require to know it pretty well.
22.White wedding - Low pitches are not so low =O and some unexpected chords during verses can mess with you.
23.That's what you get - NO ! you're NOT allowed to breathe ! deal with it
24.Our truth - Weird timing required for intro-outro, and trills of course. Do not try the taps... i say it for your own sake
25.Feel the pain - Some lack of attention during the last part with chord changes and little gallops will cost you the fc. And choking on the trill will cost you a lot more !!
26.One step closer - Annoying chord changes, be happy vox is easy !
27.Psycho Killer - Qu'est-ce que c'est ? Well it's just an annoying chorus, and a stupid tricky solo (at the end -_-)
28.Where'd you go - Who put those ho-po during the verses ?! If you can get the solo, then it's no big deal...
29.Conventional lover - Not that hard actually, but pretty fast all the way, keep focus !
30.The middle - Even if the solo isn't hard, the very beginning is WEIRD when singing that "WHOOOO"
31.Come out and play - Hmm, some weird parts here and there, beware of the quick strums !
32.Pinball wizard - "sure plays a mean pinball" having symetric pitches, only the strumming can give you trouble, but vox comes over guitar pretty naturally
33.Lump - I'll just find the guy who has charted these chords and tell him what i think about it !!
34.Kids in America - Easy vocals make it easy to concentrate on guitar, so you'll be able to get it without much pain. Just don't try to fc the tambourines...
35.Alex chilton - Some weird pitches you might want to focus on, changing pattern on guitar, orange overstrums, nothing THAT hard hopefully ^^
36.You oughta know - Hard vocals, but once you'll know vox by heart, it'll be no problem ! Good choke spot at the end, watch out.
37.Bad reputation - Chord changes, and the "not meeee" can be tricky, you can miss at any time =P
38.Round and round - Solos -____- if it wasn't for them, i'd have put it in the 1st tier.
39.Ace of spades - I failed to see why this song was in the Nightmare tier. Solo might mess with you, and a choke is not impossible at all though !
40.Pump it up - DOOoon't really NEEeeed it !! if you can fc up to there, you'll miss some times due to the awkwardness (?) of this PoC. and the never ending outro is painful !
41.The trees - This could be in the nightmare tier if you HAD to hit the tambourines. Considering you don't have to get them, just remember not to choke at the end, as well as the last notes slowing down.
42.Go your own way - This one never ends ! Some chord changes are awkward...
43.American woman - Just learn to hit the hard phrases on vox. Then it'll come. Might take some time to be consistent with vox without looking !
44.Everlong - Not hard, but annoying as hell !!!!
45.Mountain song - Recurrent triplet strums can be annoying, and solo is still as annoying as ever. You have to master vox before trying...
46.Teen age riot - People often overreact about this one. Of course it's long and the changing pattern can be tricky, but vox comes naturally over the guitar chart. Lyrics make it a little harder though.
47.Uncontrollable urge - mmpf, guitar is a little annoying, vox is a LOT : huge choke spot on these "and i say yeah yeah"
48.Down with the sickness - Ok, Nightmare tier ? yeah right...the only nightmarish thing about this song is the lack of air don't choke at the end though =O
49.Master exploder - Good thing that vox fits guitar pretty well. But both are fairly hard. Don't choke at the end by singing too high/strumming wrong !
50.Give it all - Some phrases becomes unnecessarily hard without looking. And you might want to be comfortable with altstrumming =P
51.Alabama getaway - The solos are not that easy, and some random strum can mess you up ! Not to mention that the song never ends !!
52.Shooting star - Those chord changes....are some of the MOST awkward i've ever had to play ! Choke spot on vox and guitar here and there (at 95% of the solo haha !!)
53.Almost easy - I seem to be the only person in this world having trouble with the main riff. But the only "really" hard part on voxtar is post-solo...and maybe the gallops with descending pitches at the end of the verses...
54.Give it away - Most boring stuff ever. Annoying changing riff, stupid solo, awful ending !
55.Welcome to the neighborhood - would be easier if guitar didn't suck that much !! HUGE concentration is required there !! good luck !
56.Rock'n me - I strum all those ho-po chords...but it's your choice. The middle of the song with other ho-po chords is pretty hard ! oh, and don't choke at the end
57.Carry on wayward son - solos of course, and hellish tambourines. Let's say vox is not really easy either...
58.Alive - UGH, singing + activating during the solo (which is weird enough in itself) is a pain !
59.Night lies - Everything is easy, except the unfamous descending trips while singing that make it really hard !!
60.Any way you want it - Same problem here, but worse, cause the solo at the end is harder and you have to sing during ALL the solo ! the orange strums in it can be tricky !!
61.Shackler's revenge - Everything is annoying on this song : the ho-po, the solo, the pitches, the choke spots... bleh, good luck !
62.Supreme girl - hmmmm...pretty hard is this one. Take your breath guys (and girls ), cause you'll mostly miss on vox this time !! and being out of breath will increase your focus on vox, therefore decreasing focus on guitar, PLINK !!
63.Aqualung - Choking on the solo will kill you, but only if you fc'd everything before, which will happen only if you're able to "detach" your mind from one particular chart and focus on BOTH at the same time. good luck !!!
64.Chop suey - BLAH, strumming it in itself is hard enough. faaatheeeeer at the same time is just...awful. HUUUUUGE choke spot after that (look at my NS on vox to see where i choked -___-)
65.Girl's not grey - Despite the fact that i totally HATE playing that one on voxtar, i think it's REALLY hard to keep focused, not missing those broken ho-po and the end is VEEEERY chokable ! don't get your eyes off the guitar chart !!
66.Colony of birchmen - If you're able to hit the solo, then go ahead and fc this song. The bpm changes can take you by surprise, and singing while strumming+ho-po during choruses is pretty attention-consuming !
67.Let there be rock - If you can fc the solos, then it's fine, EXCEPT that last phrase which i know i can NOT hit if i'm not looking at the vox chart O_____o also, anyone willing to fc tambourines ? XD
68.Spoonman - Not familiar with vox ? then don't try !! familiar with guitar solo ? then good luck singing at the same time ! getting nervous after the solo can make you easily miss anywhere after, be warned !
69.Get clean - I put this one here for people who can fc the solo...cause the rest is not as hard as you could expect from a last tier song. but yeah, the solo is still there.
70.Lazy eye - I'm putting aside the ultra fast strums that people find either impossible/easy as hell "once you know how to do" Still some tricky parts here and there, Loud part is not easy to strum while singing. and haha, i hope for your sake that you won't choke on the solo !
71.A jagged gorgeous winter - the strumming part is really weird, but somehow not that hard, you'll eventually feel comfortable with it (at first i couldn't get a x3 and missed on vox, but in the end i could fc it everytime). be veeeery careful at the end, with the quick red and green gallops ! the quiet part is HARD to sing while strumming the kinda-off-beat GGG(GY) thingy !! note : i remember choking once on the YBYBY trill
72.Ramblin' man - URGH !!! Never ending chord changes + weird timing strums + impossible taps + some hard pitches that you DO WANT to know by heart + vox being awkwardly sync'd with guitar + never ending solo that i'm pretty sure everyone has choked on once = suicide much ?
73.Testify - GRAB YOUR FORKS, we NEED to kill the people who charted this !!! and to people who think that talkies don't make it harder, i'd say : go fc it !! Making any sound coming from your mouth during that kind of strumming hell is....HELL !!! it was nice knowing you !
74.Souls of black - Awful stuff, hard solo, choke spots everywhere after the solo. good luck.
75.Bodhisattva - Some says the fast picking is fcable lies lies lies !! oh and even then, vox is easy but you still can random miss at any time on guitar !! has someone choked on the trill at the end on voxtar ? i guess this person must have jumped by the window and won't be able to answer anyway =( friendly advice : don't try to do the taps !!
76.One way or another - Seriously, beside that broken talky, the ascending chords, the other weird phrases, the solo, the post-solo, the ending, this song is DEFINITELY on top 5 of the most awkward songs to voxtar !!
77.Rob the prez-o-dent - OUCH !! just ouch !! you can miss anything at anytime ! focus focus focus !! just focus, seriously ! it's not off sync, "just" very hard on both side !!
78.Panic attack - RUUUUN, try to hiiiiide, overwhelmed by this impossible part on voxtar (even if i was able to hit the solo, i'd miss here anyway). the rest of the song is not cake either !
79.Peace sells - The first half of the song will go smoothly, then you'll fail because of vox if you don't know the song well enough. All the phrases are higher (WAY higher) than you'd want them to be, weird pitches, impossible ascending phrase toward the end, all that with fast notes + solo all over the place. Have fun !!
80.Painkiller - Not the hardest to my mind, but if you're able to hit the solo, then the rest is not reaaaaally hard, "thousand suns" and the talkies are the "only" hard parts.
81.Shoulder to the plow - Impossible part before the solo X____X didn't know if i should put it before/after Painkiller : even if this hard part is only ONE hard part, it's SO much more impossible than Painkiller solo (and hell knows that i can't fc any of these two )

ok, now the last 3, i can't really tell, because all of them are truely impossible for different reasons!

Battery - easy vox, but hellish guitar, mixing both is close to the worst stuff ever. The only way i could hit the gallops is by strumming DUD DUD. doing this for the entire song requires an abnormal amount of skill !! (oh yeah right, there's an impossible solo as well -_-)
Visions - STOP IT i said that even with talkies, it makes a HUGE difference !! i put it in the last 3 because guitar alone is way harder than most of any other voxtar. period.
Tangled up in blue - HAHAHA highest ratio possibility-to-fc-both-separately/possibility to voxtar fc !!!! this is definitely the one i'm the most proud of ! you HAVE to know vox very well, and know by heart all the "Tangled up in blue" which are all different, "i heard her say over my shoulder", "and froze up inside", and NOT choke at the end !! really, by FAR the hardest song to voxtar FC, but as guitar is not really hard, just annoying, it's still doable. Requires a HUGE amount of multitasking experience, detaching your eyes from a chart to another all the time is HARD !! Good luck to you guys !!

Ok so there it is. I did my best, but let me know guys what you think. I know ~10 people playing voxtar around here, and at least half of you guy are better than me so your opinion will certainly help, especially with people who want to start some voxtar carreer ^^

Last edited by arvain on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice job with this! I don't see anything wrong with the placements at all! excellent work arvain
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
NGJ  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Peace Sells?
arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....seems i've removed it from the list because .... ermm... because i have trouble to count from 1 to 84...

edit : Added.
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that bugs me is Give It Away..
It's talkie only, so it shouldn't be that high.
Just like Testify really...
Other than that, it looks pretty solid...
Add numbers plox?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:

Actually the last phrase is a pitch that goes all over the place (Probably why arvain wrote awful ending after it) which if you forget about it can cause you to either miss the phrase or miss a note because you've become distracted by the vocals. Just my idea of why it is where it is.

WhYYZ wrote:
Add numbers plox?

This please, it gets really hard to know where I am difficulty wise when I can't see either the top or the bottom. This would make it much easier.
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tshoes wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:

Actually the last phrase is a pitch that goes all over the place (Probably why arvain wrote awful ending after it) which if you forget about it can cause you to either miss the phrase or miss a note because you've become distracted by the vocals. Just my idea of why it is where it is.

The last phrase maybe a non-talkie however incredible easy if you know the game. You can just hold the high note all he way and hit the phrase.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plop, sorry i'm so late, but i added the numbers.

Also, about Give it away, the last phrase is really easy, even if the slowing strums can mess you up. But the hardest part is the part where it goes "Give it away now" 50 times in a row the strumming is never the same, and i've found making any sound coming from my mouth was awfully hard same for Testify which is kinda annoying when your concentration is taken away by vox : believe it or not, but i MISS some talkies for NO reason sometimes so i often look up to be sure it's hitting well...
megallica  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A complete RB2 Voxtar FC Breakdown (late update, sorry._ Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
67.Spoonman - Not familiar with vox ? then don't try !! familiar with guitar solo ? then good luck singing at the same time ! getting nervous after the solo can make you easily miss anywhere after, be warned !
68.Get clean - I put this one here for people who can fc the solo...cause the rest is not as hard as you could expect from a last tier song. but yeah, the solo is still there.
69.Lazy eye - I'm putting aside the ultra fast strums that people find either impossible/easy as hell "once you know how to do" Still some tricky parts here and there, Loud part is not easy to strum while singing. and haha, i hope for your sake that you won't choke on the solo !
70.Let there be rock - If you can fc the solos, then it's fine, EXCEPT that last phrase which i know i can NOT hit if i'm not looking at the vox chart O_____o also, anyone willing to fc tambourines ? XD

I'd put LTBR below Lazy Eye, Get Clean and Spoonman.

LTBR has very little multitasking in it, most of the singing parts are separate from the guitar parts, and the hardest part on guitar is only made harder if you wanna do the taps.

I might be biased though, since I don't think that solo is nearly as hard as everyone else seems to think it is.

Spoonman on the other hand has singing during its solo, which would make it quite a bit harder to do than either by themselves, and spoonman has one of the harder vox parts to begin with, and that solo is not easy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm correct. fixed ^^
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i missed the last phrase on The Trees... curse you arvain for making me think about it!

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: