FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ScoreHero Invades Harmonix (Rock Band Impressions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dracolan  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome review. Can't wait to try out RB, but I am also a Wonderful Wii owner and am still waiting to hear anything about the rumored Wii version of RB.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nalocard PSN Name: Nalocard Wii Friend Code: 8771881902444405
Jian  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that there's going to be that many tatoos that aren't innapropriate messages or such That's just how immature people like myself roll, I'll have some curse words all over myself
Mintrude  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Won't Get Fooled Again the full version?

Complete GHII Expert before GHIII (DONE!)
Get 80s Eyeball(36/40)
Get the log (too far off to mention)
TheDarkSawblade  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't they put this on Wii? I hate 360, and PS3 is way too expensive and doesn't have much good games on it right now so I might never be able to play this.

Goals:
5-star the main set list on GH2 for 360 []
Beat Battery on RB2 []
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Random Picklez Wii Friend Code: 4551955201381507
JBurnsy  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm way excited right now, 'cause all I have is a PS2 and the last time I checked it was only being released for the next-gen consoles. Is there really a $159 PS2 bundle?

If so... there goes my free time
[X] Top 1500 (Currently 1419th)
butters789  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

down here, they have the demo in best buy and im tryin to get a few friends so we can go play. the whole thing is set up... drums, guitars, and mics.
SamuraiBilly  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard a long time ago you could use the GH 3 controller in rock band, like for the bass i guess. anyone know if it's true or do i have to buy another guitar?
5* bonus songs[ ](jordan and six)
Beat Easy and Medium (:])
Zknet  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SamuraiBilly wrote:
i heard a long time ago you could use the GH 3 controller in rock band, like for the bass i guess. anyone know if it's true or do i have to buy another guitar?

Yes, you can use the GH controllers (2 or 3) on Rock Band.
lsfyago  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG can't wait for RB!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the drum setup, so I don't know if this is even an issue, but...

Can the drums be set up left-handed (left foot bass drum, right hand snare)?
evilgoat  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnarocket3 wrote:
I haven't seen the drum setup, so I don't know if this is even an issue, but...

Can the drums be set up left-handed (left foot bass drum, right hand snare)?

The Wired Blog has pictures of an unboxing of an early copy of Rock Band. The drums seem to be one four-pad piece. The bass pedal is wired and able to be freely positioned. The colors can probably be lefty flipped on screen, but the pads will remain the same (from what I can tell, don't quote me).

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tapping in RB... Probably like this but not 100% sure ye Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
Deschain wrote:
dfan wrote:
discgolferpro wrote:
As an after thought, I'm not sure how the strumbar signal itself is processed when you use the solo buttons. Since you get an auto-strum every time you press a solo button I'm now wondering if the strumbar is "muted" to avoid an over-strum. I'm not sure. The others who played more might shed more light on this.

It's like the way the strum bar works during regular HOPO sections - it can only help you, not hurt you. You'll need to use it anyway sometimes for fast repeated notes on a single fret that are too fast to play just by pressing the fret button over and over.

But according to DGP's report of the frets, you could alternate tapping one fret on the regular set and another on the solo frets, right? Granted, that sounds counter-intuitive (and hand-tiring), but I think it would be cool to be able to tap by keeping one hand on the regular set and go into tapping position by simply bringing your right hand onto the solo frets.

I'll refer to "G" as regular frets and "g" as solo button frets, with LeftHand and RightHand at the end in parentheses.

If I'm reading your question correctly and with dfan's comment (referring to the above 19 notes above entirely in a "solo block" and every note except the first Gs are HOPOs), you should be able to do the following (but no one outside QA has tried or confirmed this to my knowledge)

Index on G:
1. strum G (LH) - or g (RH)
2. tap g (RH)
3. index-slide to R (LH) - autostrum would not penalize you
Index on R held down:
4. tap r (RH)
5. tap y (RH)
6. R gets POd on release of y (RH) - because R is held down; this is what I'm not sure about. It seems to make sense unless HOPOs need to be on the same set of buttons
7. tap y (RH)
8. R gets POd (LH)
9. tap y (RH)
10. R gets POd (LH)
11. HO Y (LH)
12. HO B (LH)
13. HO O (LH)
14. tap b (RH) - you might have to release O here because it's a higher note even though it's on the lower frets on the neck
15. tap o (RH)
16. tap b (RH) - no autostrum penalty even though you're holding B, I assume
17. tap o (RH)
18. tap b (RH)
19. tap o (RH)

Looks like we'll have to experiment for a while!

Well having tried this, it won't work. The solo buttons will give you an autostrum (and they also function as regular buttons when you're playing and strumming) but the pull-offs will not happen. I need to test this more but I'm too busy licking the Yellow drum pad between sets (because it is so SWEEEET) and applying IcyHot to my kick pedal leg (because it hurts).

Report back here if you find solo/regular combos that work for you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
RiskyBusiness  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why I just read this again, or why I am posting this. I do enjoy reading these kinds of things, where Scorehero.com goes to Harmonix or any other gaming place. You guys all seem to have a blast, and I enjoy reading these type of threads. Everyone has their own perspective and it's just really awesome. Next time you guys go somewhere, hook us up with some pics of you guys at the hotel or something, it would be awesome to see. (Streaming is great, but not when you can't watch it :|)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: