FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/12/08 DLC (The Clash, The Police, and The Ramones)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaosChanneler  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish that they would do some songs that are actually enjoyable, I mean, last weeks downloads were sub-par at best, in my opinion, and the one before that wasn't much better. I'm hoping that next weeks finally has One in it.

FC 20 Songs []
FC 40 Songs []
FC 60 Songs []
FC 80 Songs []
FC The entire setlist []
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ChaosChanneler
playitloud413  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the thread for last week's DLC last night, but now that there's a thread for this week's DLC, I'm reposting it:

~

Every Monday, I wake up excited knowing that new DLC is going to be announced, but when I checked last week (Faith No More, KISS, & B-52's), I was rather disappointed. I was hoping the next week (this week) would make up for it, but I'm let down once again. The Police, The Ramones, and The Clash.

Nice to see some new bands joining the roster -_-;;
/sarcasm

I've downloaded every single song that's been released as DLC since day 1, but I've put off buying the last two weeks worth of songs. Will I get all of them? Yes, probably. I'm just not gunning it to GameStop to pick up points the way I usually am. I hope this trend ends quickly.

And if you ARE going to be recycling the same bands, can we at least get some better songs? How about Every Breath You Take, Don't Stand So Close To Me, and De Do Do Do De Da Da Da as far as the Police are concerned. KISS, I could go on for a while (for Christ's sake, can you recycle Strutter? that song NEEDS to be in Rock Band). And the Clash... well... I Fought the Law & Should I Stay or Should I Go are two of my favorite songs for RB, but the rest of their stuff is... passable.

What about more...

Smashing Pumpkins - Their entire catalog is absolute gold; one of my favorite bands. We need stuff from Siamese Dream and MCIS NOW.

Metallica - I don't even need to explain this one; just keep it before the black album.

Iron Maiden - Kudos for recycling Wrathchild in March; wanna do the same for The Trooper? Extra kudos for making #otB DLC. I'd rather play a cover of it for RB than play the master for GH3.

Rush - WHERE THE F*CK IS "SPIRIT OF THE RADIO"?!

some GOOD Aerosmith - RB and GH3 have both failed me, with TKAR and SOSAD, respectively; perhaps you guys have heard of a song called Sweet Emotion?

Crossing my fingers for the last few weeks of February,
playitloud413 \m/(O.o)\m/
Alfalfamale  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throwawaystyle wrote:
That Clash song is a win...I dont care what you people say =]

They yell guitar hero in the middle of the first solo.

lol =\
Heddon2  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion this pack makes up for last weeks songs. Im looking forward to playing all of these songs once I get more Microsoft Points.
ThuDogFood  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playitloud413 wrote:
De Do Do Do De Da Da Da

No.

playitloud413 wrote:
Iron Maiden - Kudos for recycling Wrathchild in March; wanna do the same for The Trooper? Extra kudos for making NotB DLC. I'd rather play a cover of it for RB than play the master for GH3.

Rush - WHERE THE F*CK IS "SPIRIT OF THE RADIO"?!

Yes.

Anyway, I agree that I am dissapointed with the lack of variety, despite the fact that I like all 3 songs this week. (on a related note: Next month there will be 5 downloadable Police songs and no album?)

Complete Control- I enjoy this song a good deal. I gotta say though, why did HMX have to put Should I Stay Or Should I Go on the disc? I don't care if it's the most popular Clash song, the other two have been far superior.

Teenage Lobotomy- Not a whole lot different from the other Ramones songs I guess, but I still like it. Though $2 for 2 minutes is stretching the limits.

Truth Hits Everybody- Being a fan of The Police, I am happy to see this one on Rock Band (although I do want more variety I find it hard to argue with The Police). I will definitely download this one.
The Rock Band Network is so potentially consequential that Harmonix went to great lengths to keep its development secret, including giving it the unofficial in-house code name Rock Band: Nickelback, on the theory that the name of the quintessentially generic modern rock group would be enough to deflect all curiosity.
EarthVsMatt  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering I'm getting a clash Tat very soon, I'll definetly have to check this out

playitloud413  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThuDogFood wrote:
playitloud413 wrote:
De Do Do Do De Da Da Da

No.

Oh, come on. No love for De Do Do Do De Da Da Da? lol
DLonk  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are waayyy better songs from the clash, ramones, and police then the ones they picked for the dlc...

5th overall expert bass
EarthVsMatt  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLonk wrote:
there are waayyy better songs from the clash, ramones, and police then the ones they picked for the dlc...

Very true.
MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are some static vocal charts that i found online... if you want to use these.

Teenage Lobotomy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddRBt2ZB5P8
Truth Hits Everybody - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiuNpaFmw30
Complete Control - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRsMxmH9W_s
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
T-Pain  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the police so I find that song good the rest I havent heard so ill watch the vids later:D
viper565  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got the ramones song this week. Last week was way better.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
riley17  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems there are hardly any big name DLC songs that come out, Harmonix needs to get some big ticket songs available for dl to keep ppl intersted in downloaded songs. Just my $0.02
yodaman1129  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riley17 wrote:
It seems there are hardly any big name DLC songs that come out, Harmonix needs to get some big ticket songs available for dl to keep ppl intersted in downloaded songs. Just my $0.02

I totally agree...it seems everytime I play RB with my group of friends they only play songs they already know most of the words to. Having some obscure songs is good, but RB is in need of some more chart toppers that people of all ages will know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: