FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Index/discussion of Full Band Paths (WIP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beingmused  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazoozoo wrote:
Hi guys - I notice no one's really added to this topic for a while.

I'd just like to say a couple things:
1.) - The Wii (and now the Xbox360) has a new full band pather thanks to your help, advice
2.) - Thank you to Kawigi for your per measure stats pages and your amazing template. Your contribution to the community, in my mind, is unreal!

I was glancing at the RB2 Keldon.net leaderboards just yesterday when I noticed not one but TWO wii bands had leapt into the top 6, and that some of yours scores beat some of ours!! I was shocked to see Wii bands pathing - so join the fun club, and go Blue in Acadia ;-)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
J.J.  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Bazoozoo wrote:
Hi guys - I notice no one's really added to this topic for a while.

I'd just like to say a couple things:
1.) - The Wii (and now the Xbox360) has a new full band pather thanks to your help, advice
2.) - Thank you to Kawigi for your per measure stats pages and your amazing template. Your contribution to the community, in my mind, is unreal!

I was glancing at the RB2 Keldon.net leaderboards just yesterday when I noticed not one but TWO wii bands had leapt into the top 6, and that some of yours scores beat some of ours!! I was shocked to see Wii bands pathing - so join the fun club, and go Blue in Acadia ;-)

Woo, thanks. We'll try to not disappoint you.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Fantahstik Wii Friend Code: 226277035879
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a Chop Suey path stored up for a while. Never got around to starting a band to test it, should be good for 1st place xplat if I didn't make any huge errors.

http://wiki.scorehero.com/Song_RB2_ChopSuey_FullBand_Expert

Lemme know how it goes.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
I've had a Chop Suey path stored up for a while. Never got around to starting a band to test it, should be good for 1st place xplat if I didn't make any huge errors.

http://wiki.scorehero.com/Song_RB2_ChopSuey_FullBand_Expert

Lemme know how it goes.

Nice job :-) That's the same vocal/drum path I came up with. Differences:

Guitar:
* First activation later with drums
* Third activation two measures later

Bass:
* Second activation earlier - first O (should end with everyone else)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least I was close!

I actually completely derived the path from seeing just your vocal streak on BTY--v's score. I presumed you would never enter a score where you missed unless it was intentional, so I just used your phrase streak to determine which OD phrase to miss. Exploring the possibilities path-wise after that took a bit, but I came up fairly close given what I started with.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
Well at least I was close!

I actually completely derived the path from seeing just your vocal streak on BTY--v's score. I presumed you would never enter a score where you missed unless it was intentional, so I just used your phrase streak to determine which OD phrase to miss. Exploring the possibilities path-wise after that took a bit, but I came up fairly close given what I started with.

Yeah, I suppose if you know the "right" vocal streak, most of the rest of it just fits together, in a much more obvious way than if you assume vocals should FC it.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
niq24601  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot there was a subforum devoted to band play until now. This may be of interest to people here:

Automated Rock Band 2 Full Band Optimal Paths:

I wrote a program that generates the optimal overdrive path for full band play. Over the next few weeks once I iron out some bugs related to vocal squeezing I'll run it on all on-disc and DLC songs. After that I'll be able to keep up with current releases. At the moment paths are accurate to the nearest quarter note but I'll drop that down to eighth note once I'm sure I've fixed activations.

Here's the thread on Software if you have any questions.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: