FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Organize DLC by pack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soccer1296SH  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Organize DLC by pack Reply with quote

As many of you know, the downloaded rankings are unfair due to the person with the most dlc most likely being first. I say in the rewrite, they organize the DLC, and the dlc only, by pack, just like RB1 imported and RB Ac/dc and L: RB are organized in teh 360.

Accomplishment Thread here!
My Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
My Guitar Hero Accomplishment Thread
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Soccer1296 Wii Friend Code: 441025580100
randomblackguy  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a good idea but what about single songs?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message PSN Name: randomblackguy
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

randomblackguy wrote:

Well, you could then organize singles as one group afterwards.

The problem with this is, besides being a lot of work to do, it just won't end. There are three Weezer packs, so what if you want to know your rank on all Weezer songs? What if you want to know your rank on all Foo Fighters songs, which are spread over 3 packs and an album (plus 3 on-disc songs)? Unless ScoreHero can display scores just like they are in game (ie choice of sorting by song name, artist, genre, etc) then there will always be combinations you can't quite get.
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
randomblackguy wrote:

Well, you could then organize singles as one group afterwards.

The problem with this is, besides being a lot of work to do, it just won't end. There are three Weezer packs, so what if you want to know your rank on all Weezer songs? What if you want to know your rank on all Foo Fighters songs, which are spread over 3 packs and an album (plus 3 on-disc songs)? Unless ScoreHero can display scores just like they are in game (ie choice of sorting by song name, artist, genre, etc) then there will always be combinations you can't quite get.

Weezer all songs: 1st
Pack 01: 2nd
song
song
song
Pack 02: 1st
song
song
song
Pack 03: 1st
song
song
song

...or thereabouts, I would say. I fully support this idea, I had thought of it before, never cared too much, but if it can be implemented... awesome.

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpertlefty13 wrote:

Weezer all songs: 1st
Pack 01: 2nd
song
song
song
Pack 02: 1st
song
song
song
Pack 03: 1st
song
song
song

...or thereabouts, I would say. I fully support this idea, I had thought of it before, never cared too much, but if it can be implemented... awesome.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it'll be more difficult to write the scripts for the website to pull all of that for every different artist, especially for Weezer, Foo Fighters, The Police (songs split up over part of like 6 packs; do you want the Police songs listed together, or the packs listed together, or list them twice?) etc, especially since more songs get added every week.

I fully support this in theory, but I wouldn't advise anyone to get their hopes up about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: