FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC week of 2/16 - Otis Redding, Chemical Bros., and more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sumo390  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who haven't even heard of Dock of the Bay, I have no idea why not. More oldies = instant buy, good choice HMX.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumo390 wrote:
People who haven't even heard of Dock of the Bay, I have no idea why not. More oldies = instant buy, good choice HMX.

Well I went back to listen to it since it's his most popular release I guess...It does sound familiar, but I can't honestly place where I've heard it. I'm guessing on the radio years ago.
Pereira  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
And I would agree. I'm not a fan of The Beatles, but I'd be stupid to say they weren't a huge influence on music. I never said that Otis Redding wasn't either. I just don't know him. How can I say someone is a legend or influential if I don't even know them?

Well I didn't know ABBA right away, though I was shown their songs and recognized them. Genesis is still a blank to me. Go ahead and "join" him. It's sad to see elitists on the forums here. "YOU DON'T KNOW THIS BAND? SHUNNED!" lol It's pathetic.

No kidding. I'd heard of Otis Redding and Genesis before but never their music. It would make absolutely no difference to me if I did not know what they were. Crazy how people would judge others based on their knowledge of trivia. Makes me wonder if these people would know about all influential metal bands.

Gotta say, I'm more excited to sing Let Forever Be than Otis Redding stuff, but I will definitely get both. I'm totally digging all the older, 60s and 70s DLC.
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart stopped in joy when I saw Chemical, thinking of MCR, but alas, Brian Setzer!!! Yes!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited for SRS. I really love Otis Redding, but I don't know how exciting his charts will be. I'll wait and see. I know "Fascination" from my old job and from Band Hero, but I'm not a huge fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
I can honestly say I've never heard ANY of these songs.

Looks like I can let my pocketbook rest after Rest In Peace and the Who coming up for PS3.
That's kind of sad logic, you won't even give these songs a chance because you haven't heard of them? This is a top reason I still enjoy getting discs, because I end up playing songs I haven't heard before and finding a lot of new music/bands. Same goes for DLC, although I'm less motivated to actually download the songs because they end up being so expensive. Why don't you at least listen to them? You never know when you'll hear something you really enjoy. Also, you have a pocketbook?

Glad to see Dock of the Bay, also Stray Cat Strut should be quite fun
KJHall  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would release something I'm into... (More Metal Plox) It's cool though, I have so much other stuff I need to buy that they are actually helping me by releasing poor content.

Out of the songs, the only ones I'd consider buying are Stray Cat Strut, 'cause it's awesome. And the All Time Low song, even though I'd prefer 'Dear Maria' by them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJHall wrote:
I wish they would release something I'm into... (More Metal Plox)

Yeah, it's not like we got one of the most revered metal albums three days ago or anything.
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
I can honestly say I've never heard ANY of these songs.

Looks like I can let my pocketbook rest after Rest In Peace and the Who coming up for PS3.

Well I've updated the OP with video links, so go ahead and click on Otis Redding's Sittin on the Dock of the Bay and give it a good listen.

Go ahead....I'll wait.

Oh, you're back? Pretty amazing right? I don't care how slow it is or how easy the chart is, this song should be downloaded by everyone who owns a working soul.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJHall wrote:
I wish they would release something I'm into... (More Metal Plox) It's cool though, I have so much other stuff I need to buy that they are actually helping me by releasing poor content.

Out of the songs, the only ones I'd consider buying are Stray Cat Strut, 'cause it's awesome. And the All Time Low song, even though I'd prefer 'Dear Maria' by them.

You don't have very broad taste, do you? I'm consistently underwhelmed by the quality of music Harmonix chooses, and even I found a song I enjoy listening to this week.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJHall wrote:

I may be a metalhead, but come on, we just got one of the greatest albums in Thrash metal history. That makes up for at least a few months before and a good month or two after this XD After that bit of awesome, I can go for some rock or punk tunes now lol
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
Chemical Brothers... I'm all over that shit. Though, I hope this means there's a possibility of getting
Block Rockin' Beats
Star Guitar
Leave Home
Hey Boy Hey Girl
Galvanize
Pleeeeeeease, Harmonix?

Or...

It began in Africa-ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-ca...

Yeah. I fucking love Chemical Brothers.
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so, I went and listened to Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay. And my honest opinion is?
A good song that doesn't fit my music taste. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say "I don't like it" because I, personally, prefer other types of music such as jazz and funk. Does this mean that because it's a legendary song and I don't like it, I deserve to be ridiculed for my lack of musical knowledge? Yeah, being patronizing doesn't help your cause at all.

I'm gonna be a rebel and pick up the Chemical Brothers track if the charts look good - because this is a GAME. If I wanted to listen to my favourite music I'd get my CD's out. But I play Rock Band for the fun of hitting challenging note patterns and playing with friends.

Good day to you, sirs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why it's such a big deal that people haven't heard of Otis Redding. I like his music, but wouldn't peg him as THAT legendary or influential. Plenty of big names came out of 60s soul and he's just one of them, who happened to have one really huge mega single that has endured on oldies radio.
KJHall  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NexustEra wrote:
KJHall wrote:
I wish they would release something I'm into... (More Metal Plox)

Yeah, it's not like we got one of the most revered metal albums three days ago or anything.

MSH-Hitman wrote:
KJHall wrote:
Blah, blah, blah...

I may be a metalhead, but come on, we just got one of the greatest albums in Thrash metal history. That makes up for at least a few months before and a good month or two after this XD After that bit of awesome, I can go for some rock or punk tunes now lol

Believe it or not, I'm not a fan of Megadeth, and while I'll probably end up picking it up down the line, that's not the metal I want.

machchunk wrote:
KJHall wrote:
Blah, blah, blah...

You don't have very broad taste, do you? I'm consistently underwhelmed by the quality of music Harmonix chooses, and even I found a song I enjoy listening to this week.

Actually, I do have a broad outlook on music and am constantly finding songs I wouldn't usually like, to be entertaining and catchy. Everybody who plays these games are always wishing their favorite artists could make it into these games (and mine just happen to be metal), so why can't I?

It's just opinion, and no matter how much I want certain music, Harmonix will continue to release how it is. And hopefully the songs I want will make it in eventually.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: