FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Brocky 'n' the Chief: June 2 sesh
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Brocky 'n' the Chief: June 2 sesh Reply with quote

thanks Fuse for the awesome banner!

brocky 'n' the chief is a pretty cool guy. eh gets difficult guitar/bass fcs and doesnt afraid of anything

A new Xbox 360 co-op team consisting of members Brockbfball1563 (Rock Band / Guitar Hero) and this1neguy (Rock Band / Guitar Hero), Brocky 'n' the Chief seeks to achieve Rock Band 2 setlist domination. Through our combined gameplay and pathing skill, we have quickly moved up the ranks, and will continue to do so until we have reached the highest rank possible.

Current Rank

Latest Session

Wednesday, June 2
Finally got a sesh together, it's been quite some time now. Played through some easy songs to get them out of the way and got some nice results until my Internet decided to quit on me >_>

Easy FC, I'd forgotten that for a first-tier song this is actually decently interesting to play. 5th place as of now, scores are really tight together on a song with the properties of this (length, availability of overdrive, lack of places to activate that aren't extremely obvious).

Not the most exciting of songs, this. I'm glad the good Mr. Brock was kind enough to give me lead on this >_> However, I have NO IDEA where psx and THFS got 6k more than this. This song just isn't long enough and doesn't have enough places to activate for that to make sense at all.

Whatever. Not a fun song, path was good enough for second place.

Pretty chill. Not a terrible song, really boring and short and such. First place by a little bit once we fixed a slight mishap with the path.

Quite possibly the only time we'll ever play this song. It's not fun at all. The guitarist managed to mess up an activation which cost us a few points but not enough to bother going back, since it would in all likelihood not have been enough to move up to first.

Old Sessions

Wednesday, March 17
St. Patrick's day sesh! I played like absolute shit, got lucky to get the scores we did ... although Lee choked the hell out of two songs.

Any Way You Want It reFC and first! This took us one try, this guy is way too good at the solo and the bass part is loleasy. Chilltastic.

Pump It Up failure on the part of Lee, haha, 3rd place though. Didn't feel like going back for the FC because it seemed as though we wouldn't move up much on that song based on where he missed and available points.

*handwave* Move along, nothing to see here. No, honestly, I suck at the bass for some reason because I get so bored I lose concentration, hence the stupid choke. Might have to play lead so we can actually FC it 5th place thanks to fail.

Took us one try, not sure how in the hell Overrated 'r' Us beat this without an FC. BRE issues if either of them plays on a Strat, perhaps? I doubt that, but I'd love to be able to use it as an excuse. Still, it's a cool FC and an awesome song.

Lee can haz more awful chokes? Bleh, this was at the very end of the song, seemed good enough for a score, we'll go back for the double FC eventually I suppose. Lemon and Kap10 have a ridiculous score on this considering that the best we could have gotten on this run would be MAYBE 499k and they got 507k.

ReFC and 2nd place, 788 from first Not sure if that's in squeezes or a very small path tweak, but tis okay; if we can figure that out we may go back for 1st, but for now second is alright.

ReFC and 2nd place also, this one by 1153 ... grr. Oh well, a good effort I suppose, path was solid considering how much OD goes wasted in the drum/bass section when we can't activate.

Overall, again no rank increase, we'd have to put in more scores for that >_>

Wednesday, March 10
Finally got my XBL working again a few days back, which allowed us to get a bit of time in. Didn't move up any in the rankings because we only put in three new scores and only played six songs total, but we got some nice results out of it.

Rock'n Me 2nd place, only took a couple of runs. We're 696 points away from first; not sure whether that's in squeezes or a slight change to the path.

New Kid in School 1st place. This was I believe our third try of the song? It's not difficult, and the path was pretty easy after a couple runs through.

Man in the Box 4th, ccmoose and lefty have apparently a ridiculously good path because they're 7k above this, which seemed good.

Visions 6th, neither of us did all that great this run ... but then, Visions is ludicrous on both guitar and bass, so that's somewhat to be expected. Took four or five runs to figure out which ODs we could hit out of the path, got the gold star on the outro. Not too shabby, really.

Give It All 2nd place. First run of this song, seemed really good, but apparently Carungi and foozball came up with something absolutely ridiculous because they had a miss on bass and are still over 8k better than this score. Not sure where those points could possibly be, this path seemed pretty ideal.

Alex Chilton 2nd place, first try, didn't bother reduxing because somehow or other ProffessorJoe and RJU found almost TWENTY THOUSAND more points in this song. Don't understand that at all, in any way shape or form, no idea how you can find that kind of pointage in a song like this. O_o

At any rate, moderately successful session; got a first and a bunch of seconds, a decent score on Visions, and an erroneous fourth.

Wednesday, January 6

First session of 2010! Got a couple of awesome new FCs with firsts, as well as a couple more of the "get a score in" variety.

This is a heck of an FC. And it only took two tries O_o The first run through was to figure out the path, one miss in the fast strumming for Brock. We had to adjust an activation slightly, but he felt solid on the solo so we went back to try again. I messed up an OD activation slightly (activated three notes late) but the main part is that we got the FC as well as first place.

This was our second first of the night I had some problems with the bass part, but Brock was patient and talented enough to FC his part three times in a row. Eventually I actually FCed it and we hit the OD path almost perfectly. Great FC, only the 4th FC ever, and first by over 2k.

Now begins the parade of second place runs for this sesh, all of which were behind Over-Rated 'r' Us

Easy song, easy FC, got it in two runs. Surprising to get second that easily on a song whose OD path is public.

First try. Wow. Brock is crazy good at this solo, evidently. And ProffessorJoe must have come up with an insane path, since this is 4k back.

Meh. Easy.

Finally, a couple of thirds.

This song is possibly the most boring in the game. Not sure where the rest of the points are, this path seemed about as good as we could get it.

Pretty chill.

Full List of FCs
1) The Middle
2) Give it All
3) Carry On Wayward Son
4) Night Lies
5) White Wedding (Pt. I)
6) American Woman
7) Ramblin' Man
8) Supreme Girl
9) You Oughta Know
10) Spoonman
11) Rob the Prez-O-Dent
12) Ace of Spades ’08
13) The Trees (Vault Edition)
14) Any Way You Want It
15) Uncontrollable Urge
16) Mountain Song
17) My Own Worst Enemy
18) We Got The Beat
19) That’s What You Get
20) Cool for Cats
21) Pinball Wizard
22) So What’cha Want
23) Hello There
24) Eye of the Tiger
25) Master Exploder
26) De-Luxe
27) One Step Closer
28) Shackler’s Revenge
29) Lump
30) Where’d You Go?
31) Float On
32) Get Clean
33) Alex Chilton
34) Man in the Box
35) New Kid in School
36) Rock'n Me
37) Alive
38) Today
39) E-Pro
40) Rebel Girl
41) Nine in the Afternoon
42) Pretend We’re Dead
-Colony of Birchmen (overstrum in solo)
-Come Out and Play (Keep ‘em Separated) (100% overstrum)
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku

Last edited by this1neguy on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
fuse  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooo u guiz r awethumb!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice guys.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuse wrote:
wooo u guiz r awethumb!

no u for making the banner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
fuse wrote:
wooo u guiz r awethumb!

no u for making the banner

What he said. You made this possible >_>

sportsboy85 wrote:
Very nice guys.

Thanks, man!
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
regentate  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnn! you guys are good

BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh. Does this mean my 1st place on LTBR Gtr/Bass will be dethroned soon? It's been going for almost a year now! Should be interesting to see what else you guys accomplish, though.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
killzonedout  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFatBob wrote:
Uh oh. Does this mean my 1st place on LTBR Gtr/Bass will be dethroned soon? It's been going for almost a year now! Should be interesting to see what else you guys accomplish, though.

dun worry bigfatbob its gun b kay

...sorry, I had to. Awesome band, by the way.
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regentate wrote:
damnn! you guys are good

Haha, thanks

killzonedout wrote:
BigFatBob wrote:

...sorry, I had to. Awesome band, by the way.

BFB: I dunno whether it'll be dethroned. I for one really hate LTBR, I can't say for Lee, but that'll probably be one of the later songs we get to. And yep, we're watching for cool stuff we do as well.

kzd: Heh, nice >_> Arby 'n' the Chief ep. 6 rocks. And thanks, you're not too shabby a Rock Band-er yourself.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFatBob wrote:

That is by far my least favorite song in the history on RB <_<. I'm pretty sure that will be my final song when I try to knock off the rest of the FCs for solo guitar. But who knows?

killzonedout wrote:

Haha, ep. 6 is by far my favorite episode (that's how I came up with our team motto after all ). So many great lines in that episode.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you should probably say "coop team" rather than band since most people think of a band as a full band. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
And you should probably say "coop team" rather than band since most people think of a band as a full band. Just a thought.

Whoops, I knew there was something I had forgotten to change in that Word document, my bad. Done.

Also, you need to find room in your sig and paste in our sig banner
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
Also, you need to find room in your sig and paste in our sig banner

My vVv banner kind of towers over it. Should I put it somewhere else in my sig?

Edit: Actually it doesn't look as bad as I thought. What do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, Lee, when I get time, I can make the banner the same height as the vVv banner if you want.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuse wrote:
Lol, Lee, when I get time, I can make the banner the same height as the vVv banner if you want.

If you don't mind that would be awesome. You can make it a little longer too so it reaches the sig limits if you feel like it. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: