FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FBFC breakdown?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadow.spiral  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: FBFC breakdown? Reply with quote

After Christmas when I get my PS3, my friend and I and two of his friends from PSN are starting a band. I thought that an FBFC breakdown would be helpful, but I can't seem to find one, so if anyone could direct me towards one it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a FBFC breakdown really depends on how good your players are relative to each other. Clearly Visions is #84, but beyond that it depends. If your drummer is really really good but your guitarist struggles sometimes, then Painkiller is probably the second-toughest, but if you have a super-good guitarist and an okay drummer, you'll have more trouble with Everlong, Give It All and Teenage Riot. The placing of Panic Attack vs Painkiller is going to depend a lot of how good your bassist is (and to a lesser extent your vocalist)
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Doing a FBFC breakdown really depends on how good your players are relative to each other. Clearly Visions is #84, but beyond that it depends. If your drummer is really really good but your guitarist struggles sometimes, then Painkiller is probably the second-toughest, but if you have a super-good guitarist and an okay drummer, you'll have more trouble with Everlong, Give It All and Teenage Riot. The placing of Panic Attack vs Painkiller is going to depend a lot of how good your bassist is (and to a lesser extent your vocalist)

I agree with what bclare said. Still, that doesn't mean it's an exercise in futility, it just means that (even moreso than most of these FC breakdown lists) there's no ordering that's useful for everyone. In general, I expected FBFCs of hard guitar songs that are easier on drums (Any Way You Want It, Round and Round, Get Clean, Shackler's Revenge) than songs that had even just one hard part on drums, because the guitarist in my band was incomprehensibly good at hard songs. The FBFCs we ended up getting are really no reflection on which ones were technically easier for us to get, either, but even if I could rank all the songs in order of how hard they would be for my old band to FBFC, it wouldn't be the same as your band, because the guitarist in your band can probably FC Give It All more easily than Get Clean.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: FBFC breakdown? Reply with quote

shadow.spiral wrote:
After Christmas when I get my PS3, my friend and I and two of his friends from PSN are starting a band. I thought that an FBFC breakdown would be helpful, but I can't seem to find one, so if anyone could direct me towards one it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yay for starting a new band. How would a FBFC breakdown change the way you played, though?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
shadow.spiral  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: FBFC breakdown? Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
shadow.spiral wrote:

Yay for starting a new band. How would a FBFC breakdown change the way you played, though?

I've been using X G FC breakdowns to practice for a while now, and they seem to have helped, so I figured that one would be just as good for a full band. However, I DIDN'T think before I created this topic that every band is different. Therefore I am a dumbass.

On that note, thanks to the guys that pointed that out for me.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: FBFC breakdown? Reply with quote

shadow.spiral wrote:
However, I DIDN'T think before I created this topic that every band is different. Therefore I am a dumbass.

Well, that's maybe a little harsh on yourself :-) Chances are, with your new band, you'll be curious what songs you could FBFC and how easily. What I did, and note that I seem to be notorious around here for liking spreadsheets, was make a spreadsheet that lists all the songs and marked which ones each member in the band could FC. I had to guess a little bit, because two members of the band didn't have scores entered for their instruments when I started. I made no effort to order them, and we didn't really try too hard to FBFC most of them, just because it wasn't our primary goal as a band. But I did tend to path songs that we could all FC before I pathed other songs.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
shadow.spiral  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: FBFC breakdown? Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
shadow.spiral wrote:
However, I DIDN'T think before I created this topic that every band is different. Therefore I am a dumbass.

Well, that's maybe a little harsh on yourself :-) Chances are, with your new band, you'll be curious what songs you could FBFC and how easily. What I did, and note that I seem to be notorious around here for liking spreadsheets, was make a spreadsheet that lists all the songs and marked which ones each member in the band could FC. I had to guess a little bit, because two members of the band didn't have scores entered for their instruments when I started. I made no effort to order them, and we didn't really try too hard to FBFC most of them, just because it wasn't our primary goal as a band. But I did tend to path songs that we could all FC before I pathed other songs.

Oh, please, I'm always harsh on myself.

I think I may try that. I'd need to find our vocalist's and bassist's SH scores if they have them, since I already know/can find out what our drummer can do.
J.J.  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, bands are determined by the skill of their drummer in the end. There are sooooooooo many consistent guitarists/bassists/vocalists, and imo drums is the hardest instrument.

That generalization doesn't include pathing, where I have found that mostly vocalists excel in that field.

Anyways good luck with your new band.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Fantahstik Wii Friend Code: 226277035879
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: