FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wiki Brainstorming Announcement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Wiki Brainstorming Announcement Reply with quote

This forum will serve as a place to propose and brainstorm ideas for potentially useful wiki pages, and to solicit help from others to finish them.

Do you think something is missing from the wiki, but don't know exactly how to setup a page to include the missing information?
Have a great idea for a page that you can layout very nicely, but can't complete the content without feedback from others?
Have good suggestions for standards or formatting? -- see Carrot's initial page here.

Often times there may be really good wiki articles that don't receive enough attention to complete, or alternatively really good ideas that go to waste due to not bothering to create a page without knowledge of wiki formatting. This forum hopes to merge both, bringing everyone together to organize, design and create useful pages to work towards the goal of an ultimate base of knowledge for everything related to ScoreHero, Guitar Hero, and Rock Band.

The concept of a wiki combined with a community as large and dedicated as ScoreHero is a very powerful ideal - so let's make the best of it!

Note: There is a Wiki Brainstorming forum on the Guitar Hero side as well:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=74

Last edited by JCirri on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
SpiceyFries  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn JCirri great idea!! I think I could brainstorm *thinks* can't wait to see everyones ideas!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address XBL Gamertag: ODST CrAzY PSN Name: DarkSimpatico
echorocks  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you could create a link to a vid of the song on expert for that specific instrument? just an idea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiki Brainstorming Announcement Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
This forum will serve as a place to propose and brainstorm ideas for potentially useful wiki pages, and to solicit help from others to finish them.

I'd say the most obvious ideas for initial Wiki content would be related to sticky topics on forums that don't consist of rules for that particular forum. For example strategy guides, gold star cutoffs, OD path references, and any other information that a moderator has decided should be persistent in the forum is probably by definition a good Wiki page.

EDIT: I see you guys are way ahead of me. I guess one thing that comes to mind as a RB player would be a HW mod section, with subsections for each instrument.

EDIT2: Or I could just do it myself
CanadienBakon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think song specific data (not instrument exclusive) information would be helpful...

Full band difficulty/tiering
song name (obviously)
band name
genre
song release date (by the band)
album
release on RB (Date for DLC, RB for on-disc, etc.)

And some other song/band/album specific info.

I know scoreheroers have a lot of great information, can't wait to see this up and running!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion: If there are user specific wiki pages, why not band specific pages? Those seem more worthy of having informational pages about them than individuals.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address PSN Name: beingmused
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can create our own band-specific pages manually. Just enter http://wiki.scorehero.com/Interrobang into your browser and you're gold.

Edit: There is a category we can use too, CategoryScoreheroBands
beingmused  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
We can create our own band-specific pages manually. Just enter http://wiki.scorehero.com/Interrobang into your browser and you're gold.

Edit: There is a category we can use too, CategoryScoreheroBands

Oh, I was lazy/stupid and didn't see these things after 10 seconds of looking. Thanks
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address PSN Name: beingmused
bdawg95  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh. I dunno ir this would fit in with the wiki, but its an idea. What if you took an archive of the top scores and the top players every week and posed them in an article? It's an idea, I dunno if it's doable or practical. But w/e. I like it.

Oh and, nice work on the wiki.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
XFreeBird  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply don't know how to make articles there, and I am willing to make a Standard Controller article there...

EDIT: SCREW THIS POST, I just found out how.
duck  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would it be possible to put a link in the wiki to send to the rock band side of score hero as well? its not a big deal..just an idea.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duck wrote:
would it be possible to put a link in the wiki to send to the rock band side of score hero as well? its not a big deal..just an idea.

Yes, it is always a culture shock to be sent to the regular side whenever I'm browsing the wiki. My eyes barely able to see around the harsh red glow, the strange usernames, the customs....its like Lost in Translation, minus Scarlett Johanesson.
NThockey02  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiki Brainstorming Announcement Reply with quote

Have you guys ever thought about making an iPhone app so I can get paths on the go. Also so we can post scores while away from our computer
cbar323  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was talk about it... but it seems to have died
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: