FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Green Day revealed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackadder18  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cool thing about this is that each member already has a notable instrument more or less available for Rock Band.

Billie Joe Armstrong's Fernandes Stratocaster = Rock Band 1/2 Stratocaster
Mike Dirnt's Fender Precision Bass = Mad Catz Fender Precision Bass
Tré Cool's drums = Any Rock Band drum kit (preferably one with cymbals though)

So it should be pretty easy for anyone to mod their instruments after Green Day's!

Also if HMX does choose to release instruments for this, I bet the band bundle will be significantly cheaper than TB:RB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCEAT wrote:
though I can't see much variety in bass; not every song can be I Saw Her Standing There.

Bass will be awesome. Just listen to Welcome to Paradise, When I Come Around, Longview, Stuck With Me, and Minority.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
qirex  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea if this applies here, but I figured I'd throw it out there. To those who feel like this "takes away" from development time or what have you - consider this:

I used to work for a small company that sold a very cookie-cutter service to a large number of companies. Every now and then, however, we'd have a potential customer that wanted to do something outside of or normal offering, and if the numbers made sense, we'd hire people *specifically to work on that project*. This happens in other industries too. Maybe this does push the unannounced release date of a game that's only rumored to be in development, but it's equally likely that this actually created (or in light of recent layoffs, saved) jobs.

(end random speculation)

To those who don't like Green Day: don't buy the game. It really is just that simple.

To those who only kind of like Green Day (I'm in this camp, FWIW), an exportable disc release is great if you're willing to wait 6 months for the price to drop. The song-per-dollar ratio with the ACDC pack was worse than buying the songs at $2 each on XBL, but by the time I bought it it was about $1 per.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackout4 wrote:
I think this is an ok idea, but i dont understand why they released the green day dlc now when they could have when the game came out

and green day is a ok band, but not even influential. we should have some better band, like nirvana or something.
Firstly, saying that Nirvana is a better band is entirely your opinion, and that's even if we ignore the fact that Nirvana doesn't have enough songs left for their own game. Secondly, the fact that they are influential or not is irrelevant, because people are going to buy a game because they like the band, not because the band influenced a lot of other bands. Green Day are popular, and Harmonix know that by releasing this game they will make money.

Okay, let's take my favourite band for an example, Pixies. They are arguably more influential then Green Day are, and I would prefer a game based around them over one around Green Day, but a GD game will sell more copies, and I understand that. It's ridiculous for me to demand that Harmonix stop trying to make money just because there may be music that I would prefer more in a rhythm game. And to that guy a few pages back who said that there are 'millions' of more deserving bands then Green Day to get a rhythm game, and then provided four examples, please, name for me these 1,000,000+ bands.

Anyway, I won't be buying this, mainly because I'm not really buying stuff for Rock Band anymore unless it's a song I really love, the last stuff I got was Gorillaz back in August. But whatever, I'm sure we'll get some Dead Milkmen somewhere down the line.

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
racsarge  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk if anyone posted this yet but..

"The MTV Games press release that landed in our inbox shortly after the trailer aired contained one particularly interesting piece of news -- unlike The Beatles: Rock Band, all of the tracks in Green Day's outing will be exportable to the core Rock Band games"

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/13/green-day-rock-band-trailer-unveiled-songs-will-be-exportable/
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racsarge wrote:
Idk if anyone posted this yet but..

"The MTV Games press release that landed in our inbox shortly after the trailer aired contained one particularly interesting piece of news -- unlike The Beatles: Rock Band, all of the tracks in Green Day's outing will be exportable to the core Rock Band games"

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/13/green-day-rock-band-trailer-unveiled-songs-will-be-exportable/

It's been mentioned plenty of times in this thread, once on this page alone.

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, at lot of you guys didn't quite interpret my post as I meant it to. So let me explain it another way.

Since the release of RB2, the only thing we've seen that has changed the game has been TBRB. Judging by the fact that this is exportable, this will bring nothing. After four track packs of the same game, I want something new. I'm bored as fuck.

If HMX expects me to dish out 60 bucks for this "new game", then they are mistaken.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING: OPINIONS

hehe...

going on my list on things rhythm games related i'm never going to buy (along with band hero and DJ hero..ugh).

i'll keep it short and sweet: i don't like the band, i hate their music, and i don't care if they're liked by everyone on the planet, i'm not buying this.
MacaqueOwnzU  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradmasta wrote:
WARNING: OPINIONS

hehe...

going on my list on things rhythm games related i'm never going to buy (along with band hero and DJ hero..ugh).

i'll keep it short and sweet: i don't like the band, i hate their music, and i don't care if they're liked by everyone on the planet, i'm not buying this.

Cool Story Bro.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
Look, at lot of you guys didn't quite interpret my post as I meant it to. So let me explain it another way.

Since the release of RB2, the only thing we've seen that has changed the game has been TBRB. Judging by the fact that this is exportable, this will bring nothing. After four track packs of the same game, I want something new. I'm bored as fuck.

If HMX expects me to dish out 60 bucks for this "new game", then they are mistaken.

There's no way they're going to do anything special or different with Green Day.

No way at all. Uh uh, not going to happen. After all, TBRB was just an RB2 reskin featuring The Beatles

OH WAIT, but you yourself admit they did new stuff for The Beatles.

So why is it you're immediately jumping to the conclusion that Green Day will definitely be Innvation-Free Gaming™, deviod of any semblance of creativity, just an RB2 reskin with new charts? :|

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
greyfus  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attention!: very long, meandering, sometimes incomprehensible post ahead.
*read at your own peril*

i find the reaction to this 'green day: rock band' announcement to be interesting in its polarization of the fanbase. not since The Darkness wars of 2001 have i seen such ambiguity in a community. hey that sorta rhymes. i'm tired. anyway, some people seem outraged, while some seem to be very excited. personally, i have no idea why you would be outraged at something you have no obligation to like, buy or even bother to take the time to post your outrage on the internets, but that's irrelevant. the real purpose of this post is to illustrate that there is no legitimate reason to be upset about 'green day: rock band' except for the fact that you hate brilliantly catchy pop-punk music, that -- while not original -- did inspire many, many bands and served an important role in the lives of many, many people, most of them teenagers about 10 years ago (the ones with the spending power now).

the common theme amongst the dissenters (that's you, green day hater) seems to be that green day are unworthy of having their own rock band title. this is simply untrue. below is a list of artists down to and including green day who would be >= green day in terms of rock band worthiness. it's based on record sales, and viability for rock band. i've removed things like pop (madonna, abba), dance (pet shop boys), r&b (whitney houston, mariah carey), boy bands (backstreet boys, nkotb) and crap (kenny g), as well as artists like prince & led zeppelin who have publicly stated they will never appear in a video game. i have also removed the beatles, metallica, & aerosmith because they suck. no, not really. you know why. (on a side not, i did NOT remove van halen, because they were so far below green day on the list, it wasn't necessary. i think you know what i'm saying.)

we are left with a pretty manageable list:

Elvis Presley: Rock Band
besides the fact i doubt there's any masters of his recordings around anywhere, this would be a pretty dull game. like the first tier of 'the beatles: rock band' except 50 songs worth.

Michael Jackson: Rock Band
they had to pick the one song of his with an eddie van halen solo for 'guitar hero: world tour' just to make it even slightly interesting. as stan lee would say, 'nuff said.

Queen: Rock Band
i love queen, but i think with 14 songs we've got enough already. and honestly, i don't think they're all that fun to play with maybe two exceptions.

AC/DC: Rock Band
they've already got their own track pack, but it was only 18 songs so i stuck em in here. if people think they could carry their own game without those 18 songs, well, they're probably deluding themselves.

Elton John: Rock Band
before playing the immensely fun 'crocodile rock' and 'saturday night' i may have dismissed elton john as inviable for rock band, but maybe he's got some more tracks out there to flesh out a game. i don't know, i'm not familiar with his music well enough to say myself. 'elton john: rock band' sounds pretty silly to me, though.

Pink Floyd: Rock Band
i know a lot of people want pink floyd songs in the games, but srsly, i think it would be an huge disappointment. i searched youtube for customs and only found one. there's probably a reason nobody's making them.

The Rolling Stones: Rock Band
personally i think they've been hit and miss with the ones they've had in game already, but with like 25 albums i'm sure they could compile a pretty fun game. however, the masters are probably long gone, and i don't really want to look at mick jagger's 3d polygon face all that much.

Bon Jovi: Rock Band
yay, a whole game of low to mid-tier songs with repetetive bass and guitar lines, dumbed down solos and simplistic drums. whoopee.

Bruce Springsteen: Rock Band
i know he sells well among moms and people without ears, but i'm not sure the rhythm gaming community would be big on this. maybe i'm wrong.

Chicago: Rock Band: Rock Band
why are they even on this list? i don't know. who buys chicago albums? no idea. i can't even name a single chicago song.

David Bowie: Rock Band: Rock Band
hmm, he's got the catalog, he's got the cred, he's got the popularity, but i think he'd be more suited for a 10 - pack queen style best of.

Deep Purple : Rock Band
this has promise, i'll admit. toss in some rainbow stuff and i'd be the first in line. the only problem i see is the logistics of which band models to use...

Depeche Mode: Rock Band
i'm a big fan of depeche mode, but until they release a keyboard accessory, i'm not sure this would fly.

Dire Straits: Rock Band
here's how this game would go: play 'money for nothing' - "oh, i know that one!" play 'brothers in arms' - "oh yeah, that song!"..... the end. better suited for dlc with "sultans of swing" for rock band.

Eagles: Rock Band
if you can even tolerate the thought of an entire game of eagles songs, well, you are a tougher soul than me. *shudder*.

Fleetwood Mac: Rock Band
they have good songs, they're fun, but i think the appeal among the target audience is small. and i'd be willing to bet nobody'd want to play as stevie nicks.

Garth Brooks: Rock Band
hah.

Genesis: Rock Band
this might be a treat for drummers and vocalists, but boy would the guitarists be bored.

Guns N' Roses : Rock Band
this could be cool, but with only five albums to their name (not counting 'chinese democracy'... cos it's already been released, right...? heh...) you would pretty much have to include every song they'd ever recorded to make a full-fledged game out of it. and i'm not sure where axl/slash (hah, slash-slash) fall now in the whole rock band/guitar hero scene.

U2: Rock Band
i hear there's been talk of this, but i still think it's a terrible idea. the edge probably thinks he has epic songs, but i don't see anything being past "moderate." maybe as some dlc that i could buy and then have the satisfaction of deleting.

The Who: Rock Band
could be good. the best-of was a lot of fun, but, then again, it was a best-of, so if songs didn't make it into that, there's probably a reason.

Roxette: Rock Band
i'd probably be the only one extremely excited for this. seriously, "a thing about you" would be fun for the whole family. however, again, they'd probably need a keyboard accessory.

Kiss: Rock Band
i'm not a big fan, so this is pretty biased, but i actually cringed at the thought of this. i only know the real popular songs, but it doesn't seem like there'd be much variety. although the title did make me chuckle.

Iron Maiden: Rock Band
ok, this right here is the most valid argument against 'green day: rock band.' i'll be the first to admit this would rock. the only problem is, they already have 13 songs in rock band, and to select another 30 or so for a standalone game without including the existing 13 would be awkward at best.

Duran Duran: Rock Band
well, i for one would totally buy this. man, is anybody else really wishing there was a keyboard accessory?

Def Leppard: Rock Band
anyone who played the 3-pack for gh probably knows what a bad idea this would be. i think it'd have the same problem as "kiss: rock band".

and finally...

Green Day: Rock Band
there we have it. green day have mass appeal, an extensive catalog, variety in songs, not high on the difficulty scale, but for the target market -- everyone who was in their teens to early twenties in the mid 90s who played video games (ie; all of them) -- that is probably not a big deal. as business decisions go, i think it's pretty apparent this is by far the most logical choice.

so, in conclusion, i think 'green day: rock band' is awesome, and i'm excited.

i would also like to note -- although i find it absurd that i should have to -- that like everything any single person has ever said ever in the history of the eververse, these are solely my opinions.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the ones you listed the Def Leppard one makes the most since. Tons of hits and some of there early stuff (like "Wasted") would fit real well into the game.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, so let's look at the current rumoured/soon to be released list of games in the RB platform.

Rock Band 3 (Rumoured)
Green Day: Rock Band (Unexpected, though to be fair, Billie Joe Armstrong did say ages ago that they were making a game, and people were all "LOLZ, SUCH AN IDIOT, HE OBVIOUSLY MEANS A 3 PACK ON RB")
The Who: Rock Band (I believe Roger Daltrey said that this is being made. People gave the same response as the Green Day pack)
Queen: Rock Band (Okay, I'm getting a sense of de ja vu here)
Rock Band: Pearl Jam Live Track Pack (The fact that Rock Band comes first confirms that this is just a track pack. I expect AC/DC style pack.)

Has it actually been confirmed that this is a fully fledged, 45-song game like TB:RB, or is it just rumoured but heavily likely at the moment? Assuming that it's 45 songs, let's look at what artists have the most songs in RB.

The Beatles: 77 (This assumes the tracks aren't joined together like they are in the game, and the Abbey Road Medley is not included, as all the songs already are. The song from Love is different, it's that way on the album.) or 74 (In-game playable.)
---
Green Day: 51 (Assuming it's 45 on-disc + 6 DLC)
Pearl Jam: 26 or 44 (Assuming Pack is 18 songs)
Foo Fighters: 25
Red Hot Chili Peppers: 20
Spinal Tap: 16
Nirvana: 15
The Who: 15
---

Makes you remember back in the days where 5 Rush songs was too much. Or 7 Nine Inch Nails songs.

...God, I want more of those artists.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Has it actually been confirmed that this is a fully fledged, 45-song game like TB:RB, or is it just rumoured but heavily likely at the moment?

I've been thinking about this...I would be more than willing to bet on a disc that has 25-35 songs, priced around $40-$50 and chronicles Green Day like The Beatles: Rock Band did.

Lego: Rock Band 45 songs and cost me $50 brand new, with $10 to export. As a huge fan of the band, it would be REALLY difficult to find 45 Green Day songs to shove onto a disc.

Could you imagine paying $60 and then having to pay again to license the music you just paid for to put onto your hard drive? I highly doubt this will be a likely scenario.

My official prediction: The game will be either priced lower, with a small fee to export (as with the case in L:RB) or it will be priced at a full $60 and come with a free, one time export to main Rock Band platform.

Also, greyfus broke it down to a science. Very, very well said and I agree 150%
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyfus wrote:

we are left with a pretty manageable list:

<snip>

Best post in this thread. Thank you.

(and yes, I'd totally buy Depeche Mode: Rock Band if they released a keyboard peripheral!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 21 of 33

Jump to: