FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
vVv Wins DEVASTATION 2011 Rock Band Tournament (With Video!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vVvGaming  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: vVv Wins DEVASTATION 2011 Rock Band Tournament (With Video!) Reply with quote

vVv-Gaming.com

vVv Wins the DEVASTATION 2011 Rock Band Tournament!

"The vVv Gaming rhythm division showed up in full force at DEVASTATION with an all-star team at the Rock Band event on Saturday night. Forming the band DEvVvO, Acai28, Brock, Ganon, and Paradise put on a performance that rocked the entire crowd. Judges Swoozie and Kat "Mystik" Gunn praised the group for their skill and showmanship. Although DEvVvO played first, a clear disadvantage in this type of competition, no other band was able to overcome the high scores obtained by the vVv rhythm gamers and DEvVvO took home first place."

We also took the top 4 spots of the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Tournament, and you can all see videos for the videos for the Loser's Bracket Finals and Grand Finals in our thread on the Guitar Hero side!

To see our winning performance, Click here!!

From left to right: vVv Paradise, vVv Acai28, vVv Brock, vVv GanonMetroid

--

Full List of vVv's Accomplishments:

Click here!

--

You can follow vVv on:

* YouTube
* Twitch.tv
* Facebook
* Twitter
* MySpace

--

vVv Gaming Rhythm Roster:

vVv Brock - Rhythm Gaming Manager and vVv Adrenaline (Guitar/Bass)

vVv Acai28 - Guitar Hero / Rock Band

vVv Smokyprogg - Guitar Hero / Rock Band

vVv HellAshes - vVv Adrenaline (Drums)

vVv GanonMetroid - vVv Adrenaline (Guitar/Bass)

vVv Tobias911 - vVv Adrenaline (Vocals)

vVv Paradise - Guitar Hero

vVv Minjaaa - DJ Hero

vVv Sintherius - Guitar Hero

--

Archived News:

vVv Dominates Devastation![/size]
vVv HellAshes Wins Rock Band 3 PRO Guitar Contest!
Galaxy4Gamers Invitational Guitar Hero Tournament Results!
vVv Acai28 Wins WCG Guitar Hero World Championship!
vVv Adrenaline Wins the PAX East Rock Band Tournament!
vVv Gaming Announces New DJ Hero Player!
vVv Adrenaline Wins a Rock Band Video Contest!
vVv Gaming Announces New vVv Adrenaline Guitarist!
vVv Smokyprogg wins the Bronze Medal at the WCG Grand Finals!
vVv MephistoJak Reaches Groundbreaking Achievement!
Behind the Band: vVv Adrenaline!
vVv Announces New Rock Band!
vVv Gaming Announces New Rock Band Drummer!
vVv Gaming picks up Rock Band Leader!

vVv Gaming's Accomplishments Threads
*Rock Band
*Guitar Hero
*DJ Hero

Last edited by vVvGaming on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 32 times in total
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to you guys. I'm a little confused on how you ended up in 2nd when the final scoring was:

89,334,748 ThePOWTroutClub
86,654,356 Interrobang
86,323,338 Negative Seven
86,008,510 F*** Classy
85,364,649 vVv Adrenaline

Guess they never got the problems straightened out with the leaderboards ( See this Thread )

In any case, you have some crazy raw skill on that team, good luck in your future endeavors.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just as confused as you are. Hopefully everything gets sorted out in the end.

We're actually surprised we did as well as we did. We actually only played the second and third battles once with no paths and the first battle twice with only the first half of the battle pathed out (and we still messed it up ) Connection issues and everyone having crazy/different schedules kept us from doing better and redoing the 2nd and 3rd battles.

In any case, I think we can all agree just how beastly POWTrout is . Your scores are just insane.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lineup is pretty beast. The skill level is abnormally high, and I expect many great things

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I would hardly expect it, if any of you wants to feel like a saint, replying to the woman at MTV and informing her you only deserve 5th place would be absolutely amazing. Since that might well be how it turns out anyways.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
TH3DARKM3TAL  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

400 dlc tracks each? that is insane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm allowed to give the tracks to other people, I'm more than willing to give 200 of my tracks to the guys at Game Underground, and help them catch up on RB DLC.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
fuse  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lee, spot me some of that DLC alright? :P

That's pretty insane anyway guys.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Haha, first I need to know just how we'll get the DLC. What I think will happen is that it will just be one code for the 400 songs, but I really hope there's some way to split it up because I really don't need 400 songs and I already have some plans for how to spread my songs around. Oh well, just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
^ Haha, first I need to know just how we'll get the DLC. What I think will happen is that it will just be one code for the 400 songs, but I really hope there's some way to split it up because I really don't need 400 songs and I already have some plans for how to spread my songs around. Oh well, just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

they could do it like they did for another contest. I forgot which it was, where they emailed you a code for the equivalent of $2.00 to spend how you choose. instead of $2.00, it could be enough for 400 songs, but i doubt that would be how they do it. Just an idea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: vVv Adrenaline - 2nd Place in Energizer BotB Contest! Reply with quote

vVvGaming wrote:
vVv Adrenaline has claimed second place in the Rock Band Advance into Overdrive Competition!

Congratulations on getting second place for the first of 3 battles on Xbox Live and receiving the prizes for 2nd place overall!

Also, a serious congrats on getting 5th place overall, there were a lot of beastly bands playing for the battles. It's just too bad the other 4 teams were cheated by an ill managed competition. You might want to add an asterisk to the title of the thread (kind of like Barry Bonds ).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: vVv Adrenaline - 2nd Place in Energizer BotB Contest! Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
vVvGaming wrote:
vVv Adrenaline has claimed second place in the Rock Band Advance into Overdrive Competition!

Congratulations on getting second place for the first of 3 battles on Xbox Live and receiving the prizes for 2nd place overall!

Also, a serious congrats on getting 5th place overall, there were a lot of beastly bands playing for the battles. It's just too bad the other 4 teams were cheated by an ill managed competition. You might want to add an asterisk to the title of the thread (kind of like Barry Bonds ).

I am sorry for sounding like a douche here, but meh I feel it needs to be said.

I am very shocked that players of this level would have an accomplishment thread like this. Last time I checked, Scorehero was a site based on honor and good faith. The players in this band have time and time again seemingly gone along with that.

Now, a contest was screwed up. I have absolutely no problem with you guys taking the 2nd place prize as that was not your fault, go ahead an exploit the contest makers that failed.

However, I have a major problem with this thread and what it stands for. You guys are a sponsored bands. Aren't you supposed to have even more reason to have honor and stay with the truth? Does it really look good for your image that this is how you introduce yourself to SH as a band?

I am pretty sure all four of you know that you didn't take second. I realize you had connection issues and etc, but to be fair the winning band only had 1 shot at each battle, as did my own band, and I am sure a few other bands that competed well.

Taking fifth place, as BigZ said is an accomplish, and should really be what this thread mentions. There is no shame in still placing in this contest based on how tough it is to get any kind of scores entered and the level of talent.

I am just completely shocked, and semi appalled that a sponsored band would go against what SH stands for with the honor system and really celebrate an accomplishment like this =-\.

Once again sorry if this is a huge douche post, but I really felt it needed to be said.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the vVv Gaming profile is operated by one of the Adrenaline members, yeah, this is total bull, since it hasn't been updated in 2 days, something should have been done by now. But it may not be, or they are working on getting the situation fixed, and haven't thought to update this yet. If there's no reply ever, that's answer enough, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt right now.

My band, F***ing Classy, was lucky enough to be unaffected by the leaderboard snafu (we're 4th on the battle, as well as overall), so we could pretty much care less. However, I admire Interrobang for the grace to say Sure, Take Our Prizes, We Just Want Recognition. I'm pretty sure you're still fighting for your rightful winnings (as evidenced on the rockband.com thread), but you're some cool cats.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with everything internetguy posted. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in the lack of integrity shown in this matter. I can only hope this gets straightened out before the actual prize disbursements. While the initial notification e-mails have been sent, according to the rules there's still a series of verification papers that have to be returned so there's still time, and hope.

What probably angers me more than anything and spurred this post is finding this write-up on vVv's site:

vVv Gaming wrote:
After an explosive performance in the first portion of the competition, the band buckled down and prepared for the skill contest. Three battles awaited them, each a set list more difficult than the last. The rankings would be determined by a combination of each team’s highest score for each of the set lists, and Adrenaline was eager to begin. In the first battle they ranked second, giving them a solid position for the remaining rounds, but in the second battle their position slipped, and they ended up fourth. The band focused on the third battle: the hardest set list, and their efforts paid off as they again claimed second place! This win locked them solidly in second place overall, and the team walked away from the contest with $1000 in prizes each, including 400 DLC songs for each player!

The ONLY truth in this announcement is that vVv Adrenaline placed 2nd in the 1st battle and 4th in the 2nd battle. They placed 5th in the third battle, not 2nd in that battle and certainly not 2nd overall.

Accepting a prize that was not deserved and gloating about it in an open forum is pretty low and I have to admit I've lost any respect for this team that I might have had. Normally I wouldn't post these things in an accomplishments thread but this is not a true accomplishment, it was not earned or deserved and it is no single players thread. There are a lot of younger members on this site, my son included, and this sets a very bad example of sportsmanship.

There is no dishonor in placing in the top 5 in a competition of this magnitude. Be honorable, do the right thing. Reply to the e-mail telling them they made a mistake and urge them to make it right.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

Some of my friends are on this team. I must say, it's quite eye-opening on this sponsorship that they would lie to gain prizes from a company that made a mistake. This goes against everything that scorehero and being sponsored stands for. Then again, the sponsor seems like they're not being honest at all either, so I guess it's a group thing.

I also give a big congratulations to Interrobang, the real 2nd place winners.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: