FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pony Rock Project
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Pony Rock Project Reply with quote

ponyrockproject_banner_800.png

Welcome, fillies and gentlecolts, to the official Pony Rock Project page! This project is an initiative to put some of the excellent fan created music inspired by My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic into Rock Band 3. All of the songs are distributed as CONS, free of charge, with remixed audio using each of the artists' master track stems. I have taken care to make every song as accurate and fun to play as possible. This means that they all meet RBN standards and contain all of the elements you would find in any RBN released song. I hope you enjoy these tracks as much as I enjoy making them!

ANNOUNCED:
[/list]

Packs:
NOTE: Packs contain standard tracks, not "2x Bass Pedal" tracks.

Pony Rock Project Artists:

Instructions

Use the following instructions for songs labeled "RB3Maker Zip." For songs labeled "RB3 CON," skip to Injecting the CON.

You will need the following items:

• Magma
  • RB3Maker
  • The corresponding audio for the chart in MP3 format (you may want to raise the volume or run the audio through a limiter so that it can be better heard in-game)
  • The song's album art which can be obtained on the song's page (you'll want a .bmp image, so click on the album art to download it)
Install Magma and RB3Maker. Move the RB3Maker zip file, song audio and album art into the same folder in a path without any spaces or weird characters (I recommend "C:\rockband"). Rename the audio to the same name as the zip file. Run RB3Maker. Set the program to Options -> Custom from [song].rb3maker.zip. Go to File -> Open folder and navigate to the directory where you placed the files. If this is the first time you've used the program, it will ask you to locate MagmaCompiler.exe at some point. This is located in the installation directory of the Magma program (most likely "C:\Program Files\Harmonix Music Systems\Magma v2\." If you don't receive any errors, this should produce several files that will be placed in the folder you're working from. The file you're interested in is [song]_rb3con.

Injecting the CON

You will need the following items:
Plug your flash drive into your Xbox 360. Go to System Settings -> Memory and select your flash drive. When it asks you to format it, select Yes. After it has been formatted, go to your HDD and access Game -> Rock Band 3. Copy the "Audio/Video Settings" file over to your flash drive. After copying, remove your flash drive and plug it into your computer. Open up Party Buffalo and navigate to File -> Open -> Device Selector. Your flash drive should show up, just double click on it. Navigate the file structure until you get to the last folder. Right click in the right-hand pane and select "Inject New File." Find the [song]_rb3con file you wish to inject and select it. Once Party Buffalo has injected the file, close the window. Once the window is closed, you may remove your flash drive. Plug the flash drive into your Xbox 360. When you load up Rock Band 3, it will load the new song into your song library. You may copy this file over to your HDD or play it off of your flash drive. Enjoy your new song!

Information for Artists
This is to cover some general information for artists that I am requesting stems from.
  • To allow me the most freedom to mix and chart, it would be helpful to provide me with as many separated stems as possible. I will be mixing the stems into the five playable instruments (where applicable) and a non-playable background stem.
    • Stems encoded in a compressed, lossless format is preferred, but I can work with whatever you have.
  • The best option for drums is a separate track for every piece of the kit if possible. The next best option is to have three separated tracks, one kick, one snare and one with everything else. As a last resort, I can take a single stem with the entire kit mixed into it.
  • The best option for vocals is a separate track for each voice if there are harmonized voices. As a last resort, I can take a single stem with all of the voices mixed into it.
    • It would also be helpful, though not necessary, to have a dry vocal stem without any effects provided as well. This can help with authoring but is most helpful with generating the in-game characters' lipsync.
  • The best option for guitar is to have separate tracks if more than one is playing. As a last resort, I can take a single stem with all of the guitars mixed into it.
    • This also applies to bass and synth/piano/keyboard/etc.
  • For any synth/piano/keyboard/etc. parts, it would be helpful to have a MIDI or sheet music provided with it. I have to make a literal transcription of these instruments for the game and provided notation would assist me greatly.
  • If your song is part of an album, please provide me with the name of the album and the track number. If you would like album art included, regardless if your song is part of an album or not, please provide it or link me to an image.
  • If you are interested, you can email me at lyokofreaks@gmail.com with your stems or a link to an upload host where you have uploaded the stems.
    • I want to make sure to maintain a level of security of your song stems that you are comfortable with, so if you would prefer not to email your stems to me or provide a link to an upload host, let me know. I can set up an FTP server on my machine so you can send the files directly to my PC.

Last edited by LyokoFreaks on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:01 am; edited 178 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
angruss  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd and Rush? I like you. Throw in some Yes and we might have to start a church.
woopton  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried fly by night expert drums and the chart is awesome! There was a problem though, I used an offset of 3:10 first and it was off a bit but i wanted to play whole chart before fine tuning. I was about half way through and the notes had started to match up by then. I used an offset of 3:20 next and the first half was in sync but again half way through the song it went out of sync. With that fixed this chart is very well done!
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woopton wrote:
I tried fly by night expert drums and the chart is awesome! There was a problem though, I used an offset of 3:10 first and it was off a bit but i wanted to play whole chart before fine tuning. I was about half way through and the notes had started to match up by then. I used an offset of 3:20 next and the first half was in sync but again half way through the song it went out of sync. With that fixed this chart is very well done!

Hmmm, not really sure what the problem is. You may want to use a .ogg or .wav file for the song, if you can. .mp3 files have given me problems in the past (maybe something to do with VBR).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
woopton  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm pretty new to charting songs so I don't really know much but i would run into the same problem charting songs. I think it was that my bpm were just slightly off so it would gradually go out of sync, but like I said I don't know for sure. I use rawksd and play customs on rb2 so I'm not sure if I can use anything but mp3.
angruss  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oggs work great in RawkSD. Try it some time.
woopton  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh really i will try then thx
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here finished.

Last edited by LyokoFreaks on Sun May 02, 2010 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Piogre  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ocean? Great song! Led Zep is awesome!
ND1310  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here finished. Working on Led Zeppelin - The Ocean.

zepp is always good, i'm liking your taste in music
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HALCALI - LOOK, is completed; some Powerpuff Girls Z goodness. Got another from the anime coming and then back to the classic rock. Sorry about not having Led Zeppelin - The Ocean, but a certain reformatting on a certain laptop did away with my chart.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my. Long time no see?

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, school was really busy this past semester. But I found myself with some time this weekend and busted out this chart. And summer's here, so I'll be able to crank out some songs I've been itching to chart.
M4v3rIcK  

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see u back on track !
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I am so sketchy. Seven months later and here I am yet again! For those of you who still take me seriously, please read my OP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: