FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quickly made Abbey Road Medley FB path

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Quickly made Abbey Road Medley FB path Reply with quote

I was really bored

Red = Unison Bonus
Blue = Activation
Guitar should follow final two Green activations.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
CraZy  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Quickly made Abbey Road Medley FB path Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
I was really bored

Red = Unison Bonus
Blue = Activation

you're a friggin psycho. haha.
i put the path stats into excel the other night, and i just laughed. i was like, am i seriously gonna path this song? and then i said... yes.
haha, although i havent done it yet. it should be fun when drums has 25 activations to remember, and i better make sure that all guitar/bass acts are WD or else my bandmates will kill me!!! haha.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
NoahTheDuke  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Quickly made Abbey Road Medley FB path Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
I was really bored

Red = Unison Bonus
Blue = Activation

I like it. Vicious amount of data to remember, though. What do you mean about the two final activations?

Noah
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
beingmused  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since its a slow day at work, I plugged your path into excel, and it predicts 4.564 million. The path I wrote the night pathstats came out for it (yes, I was nerdy enough to eagerly anticipate pathing the medley) predicts 4.784. Only our 1st and last activations are the same.

Edit: Also, do we know if vox will pick up that OD at m78? Because everything in Beatles is EW-ish I erred on the of caution, but if so, that would allow for a nice little tweak.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Sully  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you guys and your fancy pathstats and spreadsheets. I'm far too lazy to go that far. This path took me about five minutes per instrument and I'm sure it's far from optimal but ideally decent. When I make a full band path (normal songs take about 10 minutes), I open the chart in MS Paint and highlight all the UBs in Red. Then I path Drums, looking for activations that "feel good" and making sure to not leave OD at the end. The Drum path is the foundation which everything else works around (for the most part). Then I path Guitar, looking to coincide with Drums an much as possible. Repeat for Bass. Since Vox generally has fewer activations than everyone else, I again look for activations that "feel good" and coincide with the rest of the band as much as possible. Occasionally, I'll have to tweak G and B to match up with Vox instead of Drums, which is why the final two Guitar activations in the Medley path appear in Blue and Green- Blue was the initial path and Green was the tweak after I filled in Bass and Vox.

As for Vox overlapping the phrase in m78- it looks like it will, so who knows?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
NoahTheDuke  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
Oh, you guys and your fancy pathstats and spreadsheets. I'm far too lazy to go that far. This path took me about five minutes per instrument and I'm sure it's far from optimal but ideally decent. When I make a full band path (normal songs take about 10 minutes), I open the chart in MS Paint and highlight all the UBs in Red. Then I path Drums, looking for activations that "feel good" and making sure to not leave OD at the end. The Drum path is the foundation which everything else works around (for the most part). Then I path Guitar, looking to coincide with Drums an much as possible. Repeat for Bass. Since Vox generally has fewer activations than everyone else, I again look for activations that "feel good" and coincide with the rest of the band as much as possible. Occasionally, I'll have to tweak G and B to match up with Vox instead of Drums, which is why the final two Guitar activations in the Medley path appear in Blue and Green- Blue was the initial path and Green was the tweak after I filled in Bass and Vox.

As for Vox overlapping the phrase in m78- it looks like it will, so who knows?

You know, this is offtopic a little bit, but that is an excellent method for computer-generated pathing: Have the computer go one-at-a-time through the instruments, only looking at more than one instrument when determining unison bonuses, etc. Would probably want to go in your order, drums, vocals, guitar & bass. Not perfect, but far better than trying to hold every state of every instrument for every tick in the system memory.

*shrugs* But what do I know about programming? :-P Just an interesting thought, given the other thread about this stuff.

Noah
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was bored too so i did a little path

I don't full band path often so if some places are wrong, sorry.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3442/abbeyroadmedleyfullband.png

It looks better for me, but maybe it's not
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
CraZy  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i'm saying is, each band member better have a brother or someone to sit next to them while playing this song so they can say "ok, now you're gonna go 2, 3rd O after 2nd B in solo", because there is no way in HELL i would remember 30 activations!!! hahaha

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoahTheDuke wrote:
You know, this is offtopic a little bit, but that is an excellent method for computer-generated pathing: Have the computer go one-at-a-time through the instruments, only looking at more than one instrument when determining unison bonuses, etc. Would probably want to go in your order, drums, vocals, guitar & bass. Not perfect, but far better than trying to hold every state of every instrument for every tick in the system memory.

*shrugs* But what do I know about programming? :-P Just an interesting thought, given the other thread about this stuff.

Noah

Except for the fact that a solo activation adds 100% to the current score, while every additional activation on top of that adds 200%. There are therefore times where you'd want drums to react to other instruments, other than always starting with the ideal drum path and going from there.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
CraZy  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
NoahTheDuke wrote:

Noah

Except for the fact that a solo activation adds 100% to the current score, while every additional activation on top of that adds 200%. There are therefore times where you'd want drums to react to other instruments, other than always starting with the ideal drum path and going from there.

there are just sooooo many different ways to activate full band paths, that writing a program to go off a certain instrument wouldn't work, because there will always be a few times when each instrument may activate individually to make it work. (not to mention drum overhits, and even VOX MISSES!) haha. the only way this could be done programmatic would be to have it take into account EVERY possible activation for EVERY instrument. and like it has been said, it would take WAY too much system memory and all that. would need a dedicated super computer with 100 GB of RAM to do it. let alone the fact that one path could probably take hours, maybe days, to do. at least us humans can see that we wouldnt want to activate in measure 4 where there are no notes for anyone else, so that would lessen the amount of tests. it's just really impossible to write a program to do this.

back on the subject. if you're going to path ARM, you better have someone dedicated to reading the path, haha. and i cant wait to see the band that will get the FBFC and "optimal" path. that song is way to fuckin long to have The End's Solo, and Her Majesty's strumming. too many choke points after 10 minutes.

Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if anyone is ready to try one of the paths i'm ready to take vocals or bass, since i don't believe a lot of complete band got those songs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: