FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can i use the GHWT box with this drumset?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black0ut  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Can i use the GHWT box with this drumset? Reply with quote

http://www.rockbandparts.com/ion_drums_sale.html

Im talking about the ION STUDIO KIT, can i just plug it into my GH box and play RB and GH? The GHWT box is the thing with the MDI or whatever its called, im still new to drums

http://www.youtube.com/user/EventHorizon95 my awesome youtube channel, check it out and sub plzzzz
davidshek  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Can i use the GHWT box with this drumset? Reply with quote

Black0ut wrote:
Im talking about the ION STUDIO KIT, can i just plug it into my GH box and play RB and GH? The GHWT box is the thing with the MDI or whatever its called, im still new to drums

No you cannot. The Ion iED05 Studio Kit there does not have a MIDI Out that you would need to connect it to the GH:WT box.

It has a USB-MIDI port, just like the Alesis DM6, which is not usable with the GH:WT box, not even if you had a USB->MIDI cable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Can i use the GHWT box with this drumset? Reply with quote

davidshek wrote:

No you cannot. The Ion iED05 Studio Kit there does not have a MIDI Out that you would need to connect it to the GH:WT box.

Sure about that?
Source

ThunderPower wrote:
This is a message to all who have bought the Ion IED05 MKII and wish to use it in Rock Band/Guitar Hero. The kit actually has a MIDI output, so it can be plugged into a GHWT kit, SethBox, or a Midi Rocker. I personally have mine plugged into a GHWT kit.

Kamiano  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would work only if you are close to a computer to set the midi notes.
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28387&highlight=ied05
davidshek  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Can i use the GHWT box with this drumset? Reply with quote

Kirbah wrote:
Sure about that?

Apparently not. Ions specs listings on their website are absolute shite. MIDI Out isn't listed in the Key Features like it should properly be...had to go to the stupid assembly manual to find a picture of the back of the brain.

And it appears there is a MIDI Out back there after all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the only way to use it is with a computer, but still it would be a maybe.
Just spend $49 more and get a ION Core
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: