FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hardest voxtar song?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socialskills  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTinkerbread wrote:
I think what we mean by hardest voxtar song is just overall toughness. For example, I've heard a lot of people say that RTTH is the hardest (on-disk) drums song to pass, where as WGFA is the hardest overall.

Dead on Arrival is difficult to most because of the abnormal strum pattern for the verses, and most of the chorus, and how the phrases differ in length. Also, I find it hard because it has a lot of vocal "hold-notes", and on voxtar, I find it harder to hold out those notes while playing a guitar pattern. I don't have problems with Seven or Electric Version because the strumming patterns are much more basic.

Ah, I get it... but unfortunately I still don't have a good theory about why Dead on Arrival is a song that I'd put near the top of my "easiest" list. The reason I ask is that if I could figure it out, it might make a worthy addition to my voxtar guide. In that spirit, I hope nobody finds it condescending if I ask a few more questions to narrow it down a little bit.

That switch from chord to chord in Electric Version is tough for some people, so that's why I brought up that song in particular. No one's mentioned Celebrity Skin, though, which also has some weird holds and short fast strummies. Are You Gonna Be My Girl also falls into a similar camp. I Get By is presumably hard because of the vocals, but if you took out the vocals in the bridge, would it still be considered as difficult by previous posters? Would you all consider the songs I've just mentioned to be on the more difficult side of the spectrum as well, or are they far enough away in difficulty from Dead on Arrival to not even be considered in this discussion?
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
dore  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTinkerbread wrote:
I really disagree with Timmy. Having 5*d it on voxtar (double expert) (and I'm really bad at voxtar), I don't find it difficult because most of the hard parts of the song for guitar and vocals are in different parts, especially the verses (if you could call them that).

I have trouble with it because it's impossible to get in a groove anywhere except the chorus. I voxtar my best when I'm not focusing on either chart in particular but both charts equally. With Timmy you have to alternate from stupid riffs to stupid talkies and there isn't really any flow until the chorus where you can hit autopilot. It just happens to be really easy to 5* because the easiest vocal phrases and easiest guitar section also happen to occur at the same time at a perfect place to use overdrive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get by was one of the hardest song i ran into while i was sing and doing guitar on the endlesss setlist
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardest to pass, I'd say Timmy, I Get By or RttH...though others are very hard, like FwD. FP/LT isn't necessarily that easy either, when you get near the end.

To FC, definitely Brainpower, out of the songs that are actually FCable. If anyone can hit those triplets whilst singing, well...that would just be incredible. RttH is hard, but for really great players it can be done. =P

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really degree of difficulty is going to be how well you know the song, cause if you can sing the song and pass it without ever looking at the vox chart then you can focus on the drums/guitar/bass chart.

the best practice you can do for vox"whatever" is listen to and sing along with the song outside of rockband. i personally can 100% Two Weeks and This Calling by All that Remains on vocals without looking at the chart because AtR is my favorite band so i sing the songs while I'm driving.

so when i have Voxdrummed these songs although i don't 100% the vocals because of the physical activity along with it i get high 90%s on vocals

i actually find This Calling easier to pass on drums while singing so i can save myself since i suck at going from fast non roll hits into a roll.

So if you want to make any song easier, listen to and sing with it all the time and it'll be as easy as passing it on the instrument your playing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
really degree of difficulty is going to be how well you know the song, cause if you can sing the song and pass it without ever looking at the vox chart then you can focus on the drums/guitar/bass chart.

the best practice you can do for vox"whatever" is listen to and sing along with the song outside of rockband. i personally can 100% Two Weeks and This Calling by All that Remains on vocals without looking at the chart because AtR is my favorite band so i sing the songs while I'm driving.

so when i have Voxdrummed these songs although i don't 100% the vocals because of the physical activity along with it i get high 90%s on vocals

i actually find This Calling easier to pass on drums while singing so i can save myself since i suck at going from fast non roll hits into a roll.

So if you want to make any song easier, listen to and sing with it all the time and it'll be as easy as passing it on the instrument your playing

Holy shit, mega-thread-revival!

How on earth did you stumble upon this?
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

de1337ed wrote:
Every Grateful Dead song.

yes.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
ES942  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really say that any of the on disc songs are particularly the most difficult, mostly because I'm so familiar with them. Same thing goes for a song like Snow. If you don't know the vocals very well, Shining Star is a motherfucker to voxtar. And I think I mean hardest to FC when I say hardest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: