FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/13 DLC - Brütal Legend, Kansas, Joe Satriani and More!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n1temair  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To'lly agree with wuLfe. Solid week though. (Can't they put other satch songs NOT already on gh? I'll take what I can get though lol)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also...is it true that the free Brutal Legend pack offer is a Best Buy exclusive? I read somewhere here that it is, and if it isn't and can be redeemed no matter where you get the game...I'm going to feel like an idiot if I get the game and don't get my hands on more points soon, since I'm broke now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So..the songs are up on the PSN Rock Band music store now..

......Wow. Icarus. Is....wow.

That was perfect. It was hard, but not "omg I'm gonna fail" hard. It was varied, it wasn't too awkard...wow.

The song kicks absolute ass, too. If you buy one song this week get that if you haven't already!

(Wow..Violin charted to Guitar!)

..Just played Satch Boogie (my first time ever playing it)....holy ...wow. I can't remember the last time I song just utterly owned me. I feel like my manhood was violated.

Yes, and those words are "Glurmph wrakckin OWWW yragwragy RAARWR"
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as i like satch boogie & SWTA....couldn't we have some songs that HAVEN'T been in guitar hero :

crystal planet
crushing day
circles
back to shalla-bal
the mystical potato head groove thing
chords of life

to name a few.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
as much as i like satch boogie & SWTA....couldn't we have some songs that HAVEN'T been in guitar hero :

crystal planet
crushing day
circles
back to shalla-bal
the mystical potato head groove thing
chords of life

to name a few.....

People need to realize that not only are those two of his best (opinion) songs, but they're two of, if not, his most famous songs and HMX had the rights to them the same time Neversoft did. HMX just waited a while to put them in.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
rdystdygo  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Wow, this is getting old! Reply with quote

Are there really that many Jack Black fans in the world?!?!? I find it hard to believe. Of all the bands out there that produce awesome, sensical rock and roll we're subjected to choices like Steven Colbert and Jack Black.

How about Nickelback...not the crap on the radio, but the good stuff they do...Animals, Something in Your Mouth, Burn it to the Ground...or Seether, Hinder, Buck Cherry, Puddle of Mudd, Theory of a Deadman, Finger Eleven...there are far better bands to choose from in light of multiple additions by Jack Black.
sean2490  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow, this is getting old! Reply with quote

rdystdygo wrote:
Are there really that many Jack Black fans in the world?!?!? I find it hard to believe. Of all the bands out there that produce awesome, sensical rock and roll we're subjected to choices like Steven Colbert and Jack Black.

How about Nickelback...not the crap on the radio, but the good stuff they do...Animals, Something in Your Mouth, Burn it to the Ground...or Seether, Hinder, Buck Cherry, Puddle of Mudd, Theory of a Deadman, Finger Eleven...there are far better bands to choose from in light of multiple additions by Jack Black.

If something doesn't float your boat, you don't have to post about it.

Plus I'm sitting here imagining why anyone likes Nickelback or Hinder, but I'm not about to attack anyone about it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow, this is getting old! Reply with quote

rdystdygo wrote:
awesome, sensical rock and roll ......

Nickelback...not the crap on the radio, but the good stuff they do...Animals, Something in Your Mouth, Burn it to the Ground...or Seether, Hinder, Buck Cherry, Puddle of Mudd, Theory of a Deadman, Finger Eleven...

Your post made me spit up orange juice on my desk in laughter. High five!

But what I really came into the thread for was to reiterate that Icarus is a freaking tremendous song on every instrument and is possibly the best Rock Band song released since "The Trooper." Folks, BUY ICARUS.
CNS  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded Icarus, the Brutal Legend pack, Show Me The Way, and the Satch songs. Holy Christ, there's no way I'm ever beating either song from Joe Satriani.

Icarus is a great addition to the RB catalog. Even if you're not a fan of Kansas, it's a great song overall. Show Me The Way is decent fun, with a decently challenging solo with it's ascending triplets and all. The Motorhead song is piss easy outside of the solos, which are fun. Seeing as I FCd The Metal in GH3, I'll FC it again here in RB2. But goddamn it if Testament didn't steal the show. I remember hearing this song last week, wondering how awesome it would be in Rock Band, and here it is. While I prefer to play guitar, this song's drum chart is phenomenal and is probably the pick of the week for drummers as far as I'm concerned.
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow, this is getting old! Reply with quote

rdystdygo wrote:
Trust me, once you've had sex, you'll like Nickelback.

That is, quite honestly, the funniest sentence I've ever read on these forums. Would you care to elaborate on that, because it can only get better.

Edit: yessssss I got this in before he deleted it
rdystdygo  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow, this is getting old! Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
rdystdygo wrote:

If something doesn't float your boat, you don't have to post about it.

Plus I'm sitting here imagining why anyone likes Nickelback or Hinder, but I'm not about to attack anyone about it.

I thought these forums are for feedback, even the not so good stuff. I'm down for variety...the spice of life thing, right dude!?!? Listen to Nickelback's songs that don't get airtime...Hinder's too...and you'll be a fan. Raunchy, top down, makin' out in the back seat rock n' roll, baby!

By the way, add Shinedown to the list of bands that need to be represented on RB!
sean2490  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow, this is getting old! Reply with quote

rdystdygo wrote:

I thought these forums are for feedback, even the not so good stuff. I'm down for variety...the spice of life thing, right dude!?!? Listen to Nickelback's songs that don't get airtime...Hinder's too...and you'll be a fan. Raunchy, top down, makin' out in the back seat rock n' roll, baby!

By the way, add Shinedown to the list of bands that need to be represented on RB!

Not my style of music (looks at avatar)

Also, both Hinder and Shinedown have already been in RB as DLC, and Nickleback in Guitar Hero.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Wow, this is getting old! Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
rdystdygo wrote:

Not my style of music (looks at avatar)

Also, both Hinder and Shinedown have already been in RB as DLC, and Nickleback in Guitar Hero.

Buckcherry was in one of the Crue Packs and Finger Eleven is in Band Hero as well. I'll say now that that particular type of rock isn't my type of music either, and that's all I'll say.

Honestly, we could go in to what is and isn't good for these games for a long time. However, this is not the thread. There's a wishlist thread in RB Misc (or GH misc if that takes your fancy) for just this purpose.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Wow, this is getting old! Reply with quote

rdystdygo wrote:

Actually, of all those songs from Nickelback DO appear on that radio. And if you want to talk about what YOU want in this game, go to the wishlist thread in the Misc. Discussion Section
Markv1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are the wii songs such a ripoff?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: