FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB2 Patch Available NOW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e24412  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo7 wrote:
This patch is crap.

yep. waited 6 months and this is the best they could come up with?
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
Good to see HOPO chords fixed, and the ION sensitivity fix is a big plus. Since I use the dashboard marketplace the Music Store fix doesn't really fuss me, and I couldn't care less for sorting by stars.

A pity they didn't fix the strum limit.

Hasn't the strum limit myth been constantly disproved by Harmonix and the fact that someone FC'd GG&HT? They're not going to chart songs that you can't pull off in the engine.
davidshek  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
To get a song off the Unplayed list, assuming you've played it before, you must beat your high score. This is not intentional, and HmxHenry has stated they're looking into fixing this.

God I can't stand when people do this, this is what causes misinformation to fly around like mad. First of all, it was hmxsean who said that. And that's not even what he said. He never once said it was not intentional. Here's his post:

Quote:
Hey all,

We'll be tracking patch stuff all day (I am aware of the beating scores thing and have escalated that up the chain - when I get news, and I don't know when that will be, I will post it). As for the PS3 version that won't be coming today. Due to the extra development time involved that will be coming later (and when I have more information on that I will also update you). We will be pounding away at it still and will try to get it out in the most expedient way possible. The Wii version of RB2 won't be getting the patch as the console doesn't allow title updates for games.

If you do have issues or bugs or whatever with the patch on 360 please post in the tech support forums so we can track more easily.

Thanks everyone,
Sean

See that part I bolded? He said "the beating scores thing". He never implied that it was a bug or unintentional. He even said he doesn't know what word he'll get back, meaning that we (and he) don't know whether this was exactly how the developers intended it to be or not. This might have been the only way they could actually implement it...after all this time, I kinda have to assume that the HMX devs know what they're doing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, does the song list actually show stars or is it only when you organise them into star order?

Also, it changes the Shackler's Revenge album order, but it does the change for that or Alive to match the rest of the DLC album?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Ability to background download from the Music Store

About time! I can finally download from the store with ease, rather than finding the song I want, canceling the download, and redownloading it via the dashboard to download songs and play at the same time. GH had this, and I'm glad RB has it now too.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidshek wrote:
This might have been the only way they could actually implement it...after all this time, I kinda have to assume that the HMX devs know what they're doing.

I don't mean to nitpick, but really whether that's "a bug" or not is not up to the developers, it's up to product management. However it may be something that is simply not possible to fix.

Mind you they could at least bring it up to the RB1 post-patch level, where "re-getting" a gold star makes the stars show up as gold even if you didn't beat your previous score. I'm not in their codebase but if that's hard to implement I'd be scared.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY....HOPO CHORDS FIXED
e24412  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
So, does the song list actually show stars or is it only when you organise them into star order?

there are no star graphics anywhere at all. you can only tell when organized by star order headers (which, as stated, a song will only be categorized into a star rating if you play it again and beat your old high score)

such a huge letdown. now i know why they never said anything about the patch - they knew it was going to suck.
diablocon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidshek wrote:
A stern telling off.

Sorry about that, I had posted that just after finishing reading the entire topic, which had totally ruined my brain with all that's going on there. I should have gone back and reread his post. Edited my original post.

Anyway, after having played around, I'm not too disappointed about how Star Tracking was handled, I never cared for it in the first place. I'm just glad HoPo chords now work and I can use my Lips mics.

Now we wait for part 2 of the patch to come out, although all that'll be adding is the RBN store.
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e24412 wrote:

such a huge letdown. now i know why they never said anything about the patch - they knew it was going to suck.

But hey, forget all the other stuff like the RBN breakthrough and the fixed chord HO/POs. Harmonix would like their patch back, please.

You know...at least you guys have something. If you have optimal scores, you already know you have all gold stars. What's the deal? If not, it challenges you to improve. It shouldnt matter if you're bad since then you can improve randomly, and I personally like the patch, fix or not.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
smileymaster  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
* Ability to background download from the Music Store

That's a new feature?
anonymous_13  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I'm not too pleased that they fixed the Ion pressure sensitivity. Might just be me but I have to hit mine pretty hard for the full noise to go through. Otherwise, it's not very audible. Oh well, not like my fills were good to begin with

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like an interesting patch, but... I play on Wii, so I can't get it.

EDIT: Would any copies of RB2 made for the Wii in the future maybe start having this patch built in?... It could happen...

Last edited by GenericName on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
diablocon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmoredPenguin0 wrote:
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166278

Thanks for the link, although it's a shame the initial post doesn't address the smaller additions (Correct Chinese Democracy ordering, etc). Who knows how many minor things they could have fixed/changed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: