FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/18 DLC - Foo Fighters, Dropkick Murphys, Blur, Eve 6, more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beingmused  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holabano wrote:
HerbieHero wrote:
The crowd sing-alongs on All My Life and I'll Stick Around were pleasant surprises. All around good week for me, anyway.

PS.: Charted cymbals? What do you mean?

basically it's when they chart cymbal rolls on drums. it's really annoying to play in rock band. in GHWT, they just have a one note hold and you play it however fast you want for that hold which is a better way of approaching it. I personally don't play for score so I just think it's handled better that way.

I think it was the end of Inside Out that there were some charted cymbal notes that threw me off. I hate that chart. wasn't crazy about All My Life either. sucks because they're both good songs. favorite for this week has to be Kaiser Chiefs.

Arbitrarily deciding to not chart cymbal rolls because the timing can be tough is absurd.

Now when there are not recognizable cymbal HITS - when the drummer strikes the cymbals doesn't produce a distinctive sound (like when using soft mallets to produce and orchestral sounding cymbal buildup) - then it makes sense to chart it in a very forgiving way. And I think that's what HMX tries to do. Maybe they've been over complicated a time or two, but learning to play along with cymbal rolls is just another skill.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WANNA PUT MY TENDER / HEART IN A BLENDER

I hadn't heard Inside Out before yesterday, despite it being Eve 6's second-biggest hit, and I was very much pleasantly surprised. It's not incredibly hard on anything (unless you count vocals ) but it's a really catchy and fun song. I'll definitely be picking it up tonight when I can get on XBL.

Oh, and listening to killzonedout trying over and over to FC that talkie is lulz.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
fmadmonk  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
On a related(ish) note, how many more weeks till Wii has no backlog?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but at the rate they're going I think it's like 2-3 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So-so week, All My Life and Inside Out are my takes from it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a source for RBU DLC preview videos. He has agreed to let us use his videos, so expect chart previews for all RBU DLC for now on (even if it is a little bit later )!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eve 6 on Rock Band is pretty much auto buy for me. Unfortunately, none of their other songs would sell since they aren't as well known but I am ESTATIC to have this one.

Now if we could just get some Chevelle...
6StringSnapper  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koenn wrote:
Sneuticles wrote:
Dear Harmonix,

There are other bands out there besides Foo Fighters.

I still love you unconditionally.

Yeah, like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nine Inch Nails!

Yes for Chili Peppers, HELL YES for NIN!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: