FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
lack of difficulty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parmesean97  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: lack of difficulty Reply with quote

first off, there are 4 buttons relatively far from each other, so the difficulty that can be APPLIED to the game is very limited. Second off, the game itself doesnt seem very difficult anyways, i mean the hardest i saw was like YBYG in the more than a feeling solo. Is the game really easy or do i need to watch more videos?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZionalQuadrophenic Lulz no vids, but add as a friend!
AgentAO  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its iffy. The game looks easy at first, but it can very tricky to get the hang of it once you try to play it.

You might be disappointed at some parts though, like how the fast parts of Painkiller's guitar solo are charted as eighths.

Expert Guitar Player | Expert at choking | RB2 Guitar FC's: 42 / 84
Accomplishments Thread
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried The Trooper? Constant Motion? Sin Wagon? Aqualung? Painkiller? I could go on all day. If the hardest part you've seen is really More Than a Feeling (a tier 2 song), I suggest you try to find some harder songs.

HOWEVER, I do think that 4 buttons isn't enough and restricts the creativity in the charts. Expert should have really been at least 6 buttons.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
Have you tried The Trooper? Constant Motion? Sin Wagon? Aqualung? Painkiller? I could go on all day. If the hardest part you've seen is really More Than a Feeling (a tier 2 song), I suggest you try to find some harder songs.

HOWEVER, I do think that 4 buttons isn't enough and restricts the creativity in the charts. Expert should have really been at least 6 buttons.

the psp kinda limits it though. if you add more your moving into squares and rights which would make things WAY too hard if you think about it. i thought the game looked easy at first, i took a look at painkiller and was like pah, ill fgfc this in a day. now ive given up on grinding lolol

imo just like rent the game and that way you can make the best decision yourself

NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muckytears wrote:
the psp kinda limits it though. if you add more your moving into squares and rights which would make things WAY too hard if you think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GthfZxEg9J4

Look at that and tell me that a 6B mode wouldn't work just fine on RB Unplugged. And while you're at it, pick up DJ Max Fever if you like RBU, much better game imo.

(They should also fix the very broken timing window, add Breakneck Speed, etc., but that's for a different topic. )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:

I haven't bought The Trooper and NoTB. How hard are they?

[quote:b7d032669f="MarkMadness"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat

My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote:b7d032669f="dudextr"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoG wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq49wKpuNbk

tl;dw, it looks damn hard.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
FoG wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq49wKpuNbk

tl;dw, it looks damn hard.
Consider The Trooper Bought

[quote:b7d032669f="MarkMadness"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat

My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote:b7d032669f="dudextr"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
Parmesean97  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why they need to have 5 or more frets! and whats up with the no break neck speed? also for trill like things, can you hold the lower fret?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZionalQuadrophenic Lulz no vids, but add as a friend!
vossy003  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant answer your question but this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxZgv1haATQ

looks pretty difficult

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parmesean97 wrote:
thats why they need to have 5 or more frets! and whats up with the no break neck speed? also for trill like things, can you hold the lower fret?
5 notes would make the game awkward, because then it would not be two buttons to a thumb. And, no, for the trill-like things, you cannot hold down a button.

3926 0220 0199 1364
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:

This game is a lot harder than it might look from watching videos.

4 Buttons is plenty cherub, you're just ridiculously good at this game :P
PerfectSolo  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherub, 4B is brilliant.

I play Djmax aswell and it took me almost 12 months to do 5B, then 6B and 8B were easy.

although. a 4B drums only with L or R for bass pedal would be SICK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Handheld Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: