FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What exactly constitutes what a guitar solo is?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
sidney17 wrote:
I can understand that... But really, Clint Eastwood shouldn't be in a rhythm game. I hate instruments besides guitar/bass being charted AS guitar/bass. It's just a pet peeve, really. Even if this is true, it shouldn't really be a "guitar solo", should it?

Wow...and here I thought no one could have been disappointed by Clint Eastwood. Would you also rather have done nothing in Smokin' while the organ solos were happening?

You wouldn't have been doing nothing in Smokin', there is guitar through the whole thing. (Not saying they shouldn't have charted the organ solos, I don't know about the rest of you, but my "guitar controller" plays just as much like an organ with a strum bar as it does a guitar with one string and buttons for frets).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
sunshine  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the solo bonus comes into account when they label solos.
yamo5  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, somebody already said that.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
MangoSauce  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr-apples wrote:
If you saw the leaked RBN docs relating to charting, it mentioned guitar solos. It basically said it was a subjective thing and to only use them for real obvious guitar solos, not short fills and other things.

by leaked, does that also mean "not allowed to be linked to?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means "Harmonix has closed off access to the pages since then". :p
Usagi  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidney17 wrote:

I hate instruments besides guitar/bass being charted AS guitar/bass. It's just a pet peeve, really.

You'll hate GH5, then. I can't remember exactly which song, but it has you play trumpet using the guitar.
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjackson wrote:
CyberRaiza wrote:
Also, we really should have some bass solos.

I've been wanting bass solos for so long, but I kinda gave up after there wasn't one charted in Naked in the Rain.

As the bassist of an IRL band that's going to release on RBN in the future, I can promise you bass solos.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mallrat  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have never really understood, and this is pretty off topic as well, but what's the difference between a guitar solo and a guitar break?
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallrat wrote:
One thing I have never really understood, and this is pretty off topic as well, but what's the difference between a guitar solo and a guitar break?
my guess would be that generally guitar breaks are shorter. But I'm not 100% sure
elmarko  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say they decide in the same way guitar hero decides when to use purple notes.

A coin flip.
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallrat wrote:

It's the same as the difference between a grilled cheese sandwich made with Wonder bread and a sandwich made from home made bread.

No one fucking cares because they're both delicious. Jesus I can't believe this has hit 5 pages already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: