FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Annoying McDonalds Ad, I almost punched my computer.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brodysseus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Annoying McDonalds Ad, I almost punched my computer. Reply with quote

This annoying McDonalds Franz Ferdinand ad is really pissing me off, every time you roll over to it it plays the most obnoxious music, any chance to get rid of this? I'm sure it annoys more people than just myself.

I can make you some SWEET split screen videos, PM me

Gamertag: Doodlebro
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the ad myself, but generally if it only expands upon rollover and has an option to click to close then it's considered acceptable. If either of those are not the case, let me know and I can request it be removed. Usually campaigns change up pretty often though, so the same ad typically won't remain in the cycle for too long.

I'm sure some people will suggest ad blocking which always comes up in these type of threads. If you must do that to avoid being driven crazy I certainly can't stop you, but we do disallow pop-ups amongst other extreme ad types to try not to annoy you all. I appreciate those who don't adblock as it's one of the few sources of revenue that the site operates from, and one which requires no extra effort on the user's behalf.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen that one..its a little more obnoxious than normal ones that expand when you rollover it, because even if you roll off of it it stays expanded and starts playing video commercials until you close it. I meant to report that one too but I didnt get a chance to capture the link info and havent seen it since.
Brodysseus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Ive seen that one..its a little more obnoxious than normal ones that expand when you rollover it, because even if you roll off of it it stays expanded and starts playing video commercials until you close it. I meant to report that one too but I didnt get a chance to capture the link info and havent seen it since.

What he said, I see it on every page all the time, it's more obnoxious when I have to go up to click close everytime I get to a new page and accidentally roll over it.

I can make you some SWEET split screen videos, PM me

Gamertag: Doodlebro
GamingDaze  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this ad is annoying me extremely lately. I see it on every page and if you come near and it opens up and instantly plays music, plus it glitches a lot and when I close it acts if it was there and still plays music. So I have to open it again and close it.

Very aggravating V_V

killzonedout  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ad glitches for me and gives me no option to "X out".

I get frustrated because it covers my post and works as if it just deleted it by covering it. ._.
Fatsausage  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the add still here?

I haven't seen it around anymore...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still get it on almost every page :/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: